The standard gears are very hard but have a very low ductile strength meaning that they break due to shock-loading as apposed to wear.
I've been speaking to a very well known and respected gear/gearbox manufacturer and they have investigated the best options available and the cost thereof.
We propose to make dog-engagement 3rd and 4th gears to fit the standard gearbox to achieve:
1. A very high strength gearbox
2. As low cost as possible
3. Retro-fit to standard gearbox
4. Able to salvage a gearbox that only has a broken 3rd and/or 4th gears
5. Standard ratios (which have proved to be perfect for my car)
6. Retains synchro for 1st, 2nd, 5th and 6th
7. Keeps transmission noise to a minimum
8. Perfect for road, track, rally and race or a combination of uses
9. A full build service can be organised, price to be advised and donor gearbox required
10. A drive-in, drive out service can be organised, price to be advised and this would not be same day service
Parts to be Manufactured:
To be made from extremely durable S156
Heat Treated, Hard-Turned and Internally Ground for absolute precision
A cheaper option using EN36 will also be available at a cost of £750, but I will certainly be choosing S156 myself.
I need definite orders and a deposit of £150 by the end of September
Remainder of payment must be paid by the end of November
The gears should be available by the end of November although I'll say definitely before Christmas.
As a one-off this kit would cost around £1,500 so to make it possible I have to place an order for 10 kits. Please add your name to this list only if you are a definite and are committed to pay the deposit and full payment on time. Please indicate S156 £895 or EN36 £750 on the list below:
1. ash S156 £895