displaying posts 1 to 7 of 7

Author Subject: Looking for some quick advise if possible
doon1988

Regular

Post #1
Similar to an earlier thread, I don't believe my low speed fans are working nothing kicks in until the temp gauge is in the red.

A guy on facebook recommended a trick by configuring the A/C switch to turn on the fans (bridge pins 1 and 3 on the A/C connector in the engine bay - plus disconnect the compressor). It enables you to at least turn on the fans without having to get out, pop the bonnet and pull the brown plug.

The question is if I do this and it makes no difference. Will this cause me any issues to run my car with the compressor unplugged as its that tight I will not be able to plug it back in?

Second question the advise above hints that there is a brown plug that I could just pull to turn my fans on? Is this the case so I could just start my car up, go under the bonnet and pull this 'brown plug' to set the fans on constantly (until I turn the ignition off)..

http://s253.photobucket.com/user/bezza900/media/7E7AC70E-2A33-4572-9207-49A3D244C416-14617-00000FEC176DDD90_zpsdb339b42.jpg.html

If this is correct does anybody have a picture of where this miracle plug is?

Looking for some quick advise so that I can try and put either workaround it place before I head home and until I have the money to have a proper fix put in place.

Thanks in advance Doon!
Posted 7th Sep 2013 at 18:57
bigbadbowen

Seasoned Pro

Post #2
Brown plug is on the right of the engine inbetween the green and blue plug on the thermostat housing (follow the top rad hose)

Posted 7th Sep 2013 at 19:01
doon1988

Regular

Post #3
bigbadbowen wrote:
Brown plug is on the right of the engine inbetween the green and blue plug on the thermostat housing (follow the top rad hose)

Thanks BBB - any opinion of the suggestion regarding the compressor?
Posted 7th Sep 2013 at 19:05
doon1988

Regular

Post #4
Im guessing if I simply pulled this brown plug as soon as I got on my car then the only issue is it would take a bit longer for my engine to warm up?
Posted 7th Sep 2013 at 19:05
doon1988

Regular

Post #5
nevermind just tried disconnecting the brown plug and nothing happened Sad Guessing my fans just pooped and its looking like a trip to the garage. Was trying to get to the relays to see if the relays out of my old 1.4 306 would work. But couldn't get the front of the bay off, unscrewed it all but couldn't find the clips to actually get it all off Sad

Let my car idle after driving home to get it up to temp and it didn't seem like even the high speed fan was going to come on... Although I know it doesn't come on until in to the red - but with me not driving it I didn't want to risk letting it and leaving it that hot.
Posted 7th Sep 2013 at 19:20
mike rallye

Seasoned Pro

Post #6
Have you unplugged your fan and just use a split pinto by pass the fan tosee if it works?
Posted 7th Sep 2013 at 21:42
doon1988

Regular

Post #7
I've tried unplugging the Brown plug n that didnt work and I've tried unplugging the aircon connector and used a paperclip in pin 1 and 3. Bit didn't to unplug the compressor in case it would ccause any harm running unplugged if it didn't work.

If you mean something different can you give a bit more detail?
Posted 7th Sep 2013 at 22:22