displaying posts 1 to 3 of 3

Author Subject: phase one fuel pump, where to buy?
jimmyhackers

Seasoned Pro

Post #1
ive had a quick look to no avail.

basically my phase 1 fuel pump is on its way out.....its causing all kinda issues.

sadly my phase 3 xsi pump is differnt as it has a 4 pin plug and not a 2 pin one,

and the only new fuel pumps i can find are the 4 pin ones.

can someone plese direct me to somewhere where i can get a phase one one brand new on the cheap

many thanks

jim

the world is changed by people in sheds
Posted 7th Sep 2013 at 15:58
jimmyhackers

Seasoned Pro

Post #2
being a dingle here and not realsing the pump can be removed from the housing.... can i swap the pump unit from the xsi housing to the gti housing?

Posted 7th Sep 2013 at 16:58
jimmyhackers

Seasoned Pro

Post #3
i tried today and yeah..... the phase 3 fuel pump is a lot smaller than the phase one fuel pump and cannot be fitted Sad

worryingly i also found a fair few bits of long curly black plastic swarf underneath the fuel pump after i removed it from the phase 1 :s not sure if they came out the pump or what.

im still looking for a cheap place to get a new pump from. the ebays telling me 100ish quid for something that im not sure if itll fit my car (crap pics).

can someone give me a part number please

Posted 8th Sep 2013 at 13:30