displaying posts 1 to 3 of 3

Author Subject: Setting up camber
Niall

Seasoned Pro

Post #1
Right, ive just got a set of D2 coilovers with camber adjustable top mounts. I havent got a clue when it comes to setting up camber. The car is mainly used for fast road but i am planning on doing a few track days. How much camber do i want to be running and how can i set this up accurately?

Cheers guys
Posted 1st Sep 2013 at 19:07
allanallen

Seasoned Pro

Post #2
Ideally you need some camber gauges, an inclinometer or a proper aligmment machine. I'd start with around -1 to -1.5 degrees and see what tyre wears like, you'll want more on circuit but if it's used mainly on the road it's gonna be a bit of a compromise. Remember everytime you adjust the camber the car will need re-tracking.
Can you adjust castor as well with the d2 mounts?

www.bridgecraftmotorsport.co.uk

Facebook
Posted 1st Sep 2013 at 20:09
Niall

Seasoned Pro

Post #3
No you cant. Just camber.
Cheers for that. Im not too fussed about tracking as me and a mate are going halves on a tracking kit anyway so will be doing it my self soon.
Posted 1st Sep 2013 at 20:12