displaying posts 1 to 25 of 32

Pages (2): [1] 2

Author Subject: I'm Owain and I'd like to know why I'm banned please
buzzbrightyear

Seasoned Pro

Post #1
Second time in a week I've tried to check the forum and found I'm banned, haven't been told why either time. What the hell is going on?!

O.

andrew315rawson@live.co.uk
Moonstone phase 7 gti6
My Project thread: http://www.306gti6.com/forum/showthread.php?id=119992&page=1
Posted 1st Sep 2013 at 15:39
welshpug!

Capt Pedantic

Post #2
Why dont you email admin, get a response sooner than posting on here using someone elses account, which on any other forum would get you banned anyway, oh you did that too...

Surprise!

need a part number? get on here - http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com

Bring on the Trumpets.

Posted 1st Sep 2013 at 16:26
buzzbrightyear

Seasoned Pro

Post #3
First up, I don't know admin's email address. Secondly they should probably do me the common courtesy of telling me anyway.

I'd rather just use my own account, but some f**knob seems to have blocked me from logging in.

O.

Moonstone phase 7 gti6
Posted 1st Sep 2013 at 16:30
welshpug!

Capt Pedantic

Post #4
Derp.

Admin@306gti6.com

Laugh my ass off

need a part number? get on here - http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com

Bring on the Trumpets.

Posted 1st Sep 2013 at 16:55
jimmyrallye

Seasoned Pro

Post #5
Looser

"Police arrested two kids yesterday, one was drinking battery acid, the other was eating fireworks. They charged one and let the other one off."
Posted 1st Sep 2013 at 16:57
buzzbrightyear

Seasoned Pro

Post #6
Ah yes silly me, thinking I shouldn't have to go out of my way to find out what the hell I'm meant to have done this time.

Anyway just emailed that address and got back an autoresponder saying they were having an admin group rimjob and please email back later. Guess I'll just have to wait.

O.

Moonstone phase 7 gti6
Posted 1st Sep 2013 at 17:00
pugjim

Seasoned Pro

Post #7
I got a pm the other day from gilsey telling me gilsey and owain's passwords....
Posted 1st Sep 2013 at 17:14
jeffers Forum Admin

Post #8
welshpug! wrote:
Why dont you email admin, get a response sooner than posting on here using someone elses account, which on any other forum would get you banned anyway, oh you did that too...

Surprise!

This is ur answer. ^ Personally I'm not into banning people but the antics between Thursday and today have just become tiresome, other people logging into your account and posting when it's obviously not you is quite frankly just annoying. Your account will be reinstated on Tuesday. Hopefully you and the other two concerned will change your passwords and be the only person to use your accounts then we won't have any more problems! Thumbs up
Oh and calling me a F**knob for doing my best to keep the forum reasonable place to visit is not really helping the situation! Wink

Team Running Engine again!
Team Negative Camber!
My Budget track engine build thread!
Now appearing at a Trackday near you!!Hyper Hyper
Posted 1st Sep 2013 at 17:29
buzzbrightyear

Seasoned Pro

Post #9
Well Owain actually sorted that himself by changing his password when it got out of hand and Im not entirely sure how his and Gileys password got out to everyone, but banning him for it wasnt really necessary and was a bit late to be fair.

Moonstone phase 7 gti6
Posted 1st Sep 2013 at 17:37
buzzbrightyear

Seasoned Pro

Post #10
Only myself and Soulman have access to my account, wouldn't be an issue if people didn't have to pay to post in the first place. Oh, and:

jeffers wrote:
This is ur answer

Forum Rules wrote:
use decent, understandable English when posting - it is common courtesy to help others understand what you're saying. The odd typo/spelling mistake is unavoidable, but it takes no time at all to use the shift key, simple punctuation and avoid text speak

Ban

O.

Moonstone phase 7 gti6
Posted 1st Sep 2013 at 17:39
jimmyrallye

Seasoned Pro

Post #11
How old are you lot logging in to each others accounts what sad life's you live

"Police arrested two kids yesterday, one was drinking battery acid, the other was eating fireworks. They charged one and let the other one off."
Posted 1st Sep 2013 at 17:41
buzzbrightyear

Seasoned Pro

Post #12
Soulman was using mine because he (quite rightly IMO) didn't want to pay £5 just to entertain people as a performing monkey every now and again, so I let him use mine.

I've now been banned for no real reason so have kindly been leant Buzz's so I can figure out what's going on. Basically, the forum can either have some kind of activity, or it can die. I'm not overly fussed either way, I just want to be able to use my account I've paid for.

O.

Moonstone phase 7 gti6
Posted 1st Sep 2013 at 17:44
buzzbrightyear

Seasoned Pro

Post #13
jimmyrallye wrote:
How old are you lot logging in to each others accounts what sad life's you live

Yes extremely sad lives, all we do is sit here all day every day desperate to post something on a car forum, but we all wish we could be like you where every day if a f**king riot.

Moonstone phase 7 gti6
Posted 1st Sep 2013 at 17:47
buzzbrightyear

Seasoned Pro

Post #14
Who is this Jeffers anyway?

Moonstone phase 7 gti6
Posted 1st Sep 2013 at 17:54
khj100

Senior User

Post #15
buzzbrightyear and/or Owain wrote:
Soulman was using mine because he (quite rightly IMO) didn't want to pay £5 just to entertain people as a performing monkey every now and again, so I let him use mine.

I've now been banned for no real reason so have kindly been leant Buzz's so I can figure out what's going on. Basically, the forum can either have some kind of activity, or it can die. I'm not overly fussed either way, I just want to be able to use my account I've paid for.

O.

One of the basic principles of a forum is that each post is attributed to a particular person. As soon as you start sharing your passwords around it becomes impossible to tell who is saying what and cannot be tolerated.

You do have a point that the banning process doesn't naturally lend itself to informing the individual why they were banned (a PM is impractical as you wouldn't be able to read it!). But surely it can't be that hard for you to connect the dots and work out why what's happened happened. If it helps, we will add to the forum rules that any sharing of login credentials will result in a ban for both the account holder and ultimate user.

Finally, I still find it utterly amazing that you think the forum needs your kind of "activity". It doesn't and never has. It's a car club not a social club and it's a personal choice whether someone wants to use it or not. Rightly or wrongly, the cost of doing so has been set as £5. If someone doesn't want to pay that, then they don't get to contribute - simple, eh?

Trackday, trackday, trackday Hyper
Posted 1st Sep 2013 at 17:59
devere

Senior User

Post #16
So if soulman didn't want to pay a fiver to be a 'performing monkey' on this, as you correctly stated, car forum. Why doesn't he just post on another forum where his comedy is more relevant?

People keep saying this forum has got s**t because people cant mess around or whatever, its got s**t more to the point because people are trying to mess around and talk crap, rather than actually use it for the purpose its here for... gti6's and Rallyes!

Im all up for a laugh, but its a pretty sad state to be in when your so desperate to be funny on a forum that you have to share logins for the purpose...
Posted 1st Sep 2013 at 17:59
buzzbrightyear

Seasoned Pro

Post #17
devere wrote:

People keep saying this forum has got s**t because people cant mess around or whatever, its got s**t more to the point because people are trying to mess around and talk crap, rather than actually use it for the purpose its here for... gti6's and Rallyes!

I agree with this but I dont even know how many people on here still have Rallye's or 6's anymore. A lot of the messing around does my head in too, and you are right, some people on here really go out of their way to be funny but are just annoying.

I think I get associated with a lot of stuff that I dont even find funny though and it annoys me.

devere wrote:
So if soulman didn't want to pay a fiver to be a 'performing monkey' on this, as you correctly stated, car forum. Why doesn't he just post on another forum where his comedy is more relevant?

And no, its not about going to other forums. I am not interested in forums at all. People on here go on about me all the time, I dont know why, I havent paid because to be fair I am doing other things and am not really interested in these cars anymore despite still owning a Rallye. I look from time to time just to see whats going on like a lot of people do, but its not my fault that people give me passwords or whatever cus they want me to say hello. I used Owains account about 3 times for a bit of a laugh and never gave it out to anyone and am using Buzz's to, for some reason, justify myself.

To be honest its quite a sad state of affairs to be known as someone that is quite funny/f**king annoying on an internet forum.

Moonstone phase 7 gti6
Posted 1st Sep 2013 at 18:22
dangti6

aka JKshooter

Post #18
People want to laugh at you not with you. Big head.

• Senior Test Automation Engineer for the 306GTi6 Owners Club Forum Wizard

• Posted 1st Sep 2013 at 18:23
    buzzbrightyear

Seasoned Pro

Post #19
    People can laugh at me, whatever its the internet, who cares?

Moonstone phase 7 gti6
    Posted 1st Sep 2013 at 18:37
    Chris28190

Senior User

Post #20
    I didn't know this forum had so many admins. I thought it was just Stan LOL Ninja

Cherry Rallye '99 - Sold
    Posted 1st Sep 2013 at 18:37
    khj100

Senior User

Post #21
    jsoulman wrote:
    I havent paid because to be fair I am doing other things and am not really interested in these cars anymore despite still owning a Rallye. I look from time to time just to see whats going on like a lot of people do, but its not my fault that people give me passwords or whatever cus they want me to say hello. I used Owains account about 3 times for a bit of a laugh and never gave it out to anyone and am using Buzz's to, for some reason, justify myself.

Ok, justification acknowledged. Seems pretty straight forward to me and doesn't need any further debate. Soulman has other things to be doing and doesn't need or want to hang out on the forum. For all those who keep taking up his time by tempting him to post on false accounts, please don't. If you can't resist then you run the risk that accounts will also be permanently removed.

Trackday, trackday, trackday Hyper
    Posted 1st Sep 2013 at 18:38
    buzzbrightyear

Seasoned Pro

Post #22
    my head isn't big

Moonstone phase 7 gti6
    Posted 1st Sep 2013 at 18:41
    buzzbrightyear

Seasoned Pro

Post #23
    khj100 wrote:

Ok, justification acknowledged. Seems pretty straight forward to me and doesn't need any further debate. Soulman has other things to be doing and doesn't need or want to hang out on the forum. For all those who keep taking up his time by tempting him to post on false accounts, please don't. If you can't resist then you run the risk that accounts will also be permanently removed.

Problem solved.

And with this, I bid you all fair well.

Moonstone phase 7 gti6
    Posted 1st Sep 2013 at 18:43
    adam b

Seasoned Pro

Post #24
    Tata buddy Thumbs up

Nothing to see here
    Posted 2nd Sep 2013 at 19:24
    aphyx

Regular

Post #25
    JSoulman has contributed some of the funniest content on this site,

Can't find the original Brother Kennedy thread but these are 2 good examples
    Silly Girls
    Kennedys Back

Was a sad day in forum history when he left, and letting him use another account to post funnies is a good idea. The original Kennedy thread generated a lot of publicity for the gti6 forum, it was linked from lots of other forums and sites.

Onward to the Edge!
    Posted 4th Sep 2013 at 21:26

Pages (2): [1] 2