• Full service history
  • Cambelt changed: Jul 2013

Modifications: None. 100% original car.

displaying posts 1 to 24 of 24

Author Subject: 1992 Peugeot 205 GTI
dcc

Senior User

Post #1
This sale is for my Peugeot 205 GTI. It has the later spec 1905cc engine, with catalytic converter, carbon canister, factory fit sliding sunroof, power steering and very rare air conditioning.

The car has covered just over 76k miles from new - with stamped service history to support this. The MOT history check (which can be done by using the cars vin plate) shows this mileage to be correct. The car has 5 owners, with the first 3 being family members who were passed the car, the 4th was the gentleman I bought the car from, leaving me as the 5th. The car was HPi checked by my friend and came back clear.

I bought the car from a Peugeot enthusiast who sadly didn't have the time for the car any more, it was stuck where he used to live, and had no way of getting it fixed by himself. The car was in need of some help from somebody who could spend some time and money on it to restore it to the road.

When I collected the car, the engine had been stripped for a head rebuild (due to leaking head gasket). I was told the head had been skimmed 0.008 inch. I had taken the head to be pressure tested and skimmed. When I took the head to the engineers they informed me the head had indeed been skimmed and it came back fine from pressure testing. I refitted everything with the genuine Peugeot items supplied by the previous owner - new head bolts, new head gasket, new timing belt including tensioners, it had new stem seals fitted, it also had some non genuine items fitted - new oil, filter, new antifreeze, new spark plugs, leads, distributor cap.

The car has had new brake disks and pads, both front and back. I also fitted new hand brake cables for the MOT. When all the works were complete and I had the car MOT ready, I gave it a final check over to find one of the drive shafts had 2 perished CV boots, so I replaced this shaft with a new GKN shaft which I had spare(these are generally believe to be as close to OE quality as possible).

The interior is immaculate - one of the best I have seen in a 205. It has the later phase 2 seats being a K reg, the driver bolster is in good health (which a little searching of other cars will show isn't very common), there are no marks on the interior at all.

As you can tell I spent a lot of time and effort in getting this car into very good mechanical condition. The plan was to use this car as a daily driver and sell my (then) C2 Code, but before I got the 205 ready my C2 was written off while parked up and I was at work - meaning I had to go buy another car to use asap due to living 100 miles from where I work.

After finishing the car, I booked it in for an MOT 100 miles away, and took the car along the most direct scenic route through Mid Wales Smile When the MOT tester saw the car he asked if he could take it for a drive first - a short while later he came back with the biggest grin on his face, commenting on how well it drove, no abnormal noises and generally the condition it is in. During the test he noticed a small hole in the exhaust where exhaust gasses could escape, in the centre section of the exhaust. He set up the lights so they were pointing in the correct direction for me, and he also noted that a tyre was close to the legal limit (3.2mm). I have not yet welded the exhaust, but I will get it done for the new owner, unless you would prefer to do it your self, something which we can negotiate on the price. The wheels and tyres to be sold with the car are the 1.9 gti alloys as supplied with the car originally, but the tyres will need replacing as they're quite old. The wheels and tyres used to MOT the car are not included. The alloys have some slight marks on 2 of them, I believe the other 2 to be in good condition. The spare wheel is a 1.9 alloy also. The tester said he hadn't seen one of these in such good condition for a fair few years.

There are only 2 other faults I have noticed with the car, firstly the windscreen surround (as seen in the pictures) has some slight rust - I have seen pictures of this car from 5 years ago and the bubbling has not got any worse, secondly the rear tailgate seems to have colour faded in certain places slightly, it has been suggested that this was due to the car being parked close to a bush without being moved for a long period.

Everything on the car works as it should, power steering makes the car nice and easy to park, the air conditioning keeps the air fresh and the fans blast you in the face! the car has a standard fitted immobiliser, which works as it should, with 1 fob and 1 key. It has had a new radiator, although a friend has pointed out its slightly different to the one it replaced. These Air conditioned 205's came with twin fans as standard, and the additional fan runs on slow speed when the Aircon is engaged, which works perfectly on this car too. It even has the original car mats, bill of sale and AA membership book that the car was sold with! I haven't yet fitted all of the cam belt covers, but will look into getting it sorted if I get chance prior to sale. It also has the original radio still fitted!

I have the V5 in my name, so can be insured and taxed easily by the new owner.

I'm not in much of a rush to sell it, as if I keep it I know it'll just go up in value, so no low-ball offers please.

£2700. Car is located 5 minutes from Junction 37, M4, Porthcawl.

dcc has attached the following image:

205 GTI
Xsara HDI
Posted 20th Aug 2013 at 00:32
dcc

Senior User

Post #2

205 GTI
Xsara HDI
Posted 19th Aug 2013 at 22:03
beez_neez_gt

Seasoned Pro

Post #3
Very nice, speedo isnt original afaik.

Has the glove box been damaged or is it another seized lock ?

Pug fee`ver,

Pick a Bogey, buy a Pug.

Black 306 GTI 6 Standard, was 60k mileage, bargain!!

Clicky: [url =http://www.306gti6.com]click here[/url] remove the space between [url & =
Posted 20th Aug 2013 at 00:01
dcc

Senior User

Post #4
Pretty sure the speedo is original. The glove box was off as it was easier for me to get at the heater fan motor and resistor to clean them up Smile its not broken.

205 GTI
Xsara HDI
Posted 20th Aug 2013 at 00:23
beez_neez_gt

Seasoned Pro

Post #5
Maybe, just these speedo's only come from 309 auto's and jap 205 cars iirc. Or maybe speedo has just been changed over, considering how easy they are to do.

Rust around the windscreen may look ok but the rust could be going into the frame, my k reg had the same sort of rust around the screen too.

Pug fee`ver,

Pick a Bogey, buy a Pug.

Clicky: [url =http://www.306gti6.com]click here[/url] remove the space between [url & =
Posted 20th Aug 2013 at 00:46
dcc

Senior User

Post #6
Im struggling to see what's different with the speedo? As for the rust, it is a shame, but it isnt the end of the world with the car, if I kept it I would just get it done properly.

205 GTI
Xsara HDI
Posted 20th Aug 2013 at 00:56
scotzman

Seasoned Pro

Post #7
The temp gauges etc have numbered increments, UK cars don't afaik.

'90 1.6 205 GTi, '98 306 GTi-6
Posted 20th Aug 2013 at 01:04
dcc

Senior User

Post #8
Pretty sure that air con models do. Ill check up on it though.

205 GTI
Xsara HDI
Posted 20th Aug 2013 at 01:04
beez_neez_gt

Seasoned Pro

Post #9
It has numbers over the oil pressure and water temps etc, all other speedo's have no numbers on these parts of the dials. No doubt its had all the servicing etc to back up mileage and speedo reading dials can be swapped over so it shows its original miles etc. These clocks are very rare and sort after so its a good thing Thumbs up.

The paintwork does look good for its age, these normally go lighter over time. Needs a cam cover too so it protects the belt etc.

Good luck with the sale, if I had it i'd keep it, wait a few years and it will be worth a bomb lol.

Yeah I think you maybe right about the air con models, im sure I read it somewhere Thumbs up

Pug fee`ver,

Pick a Bogey, buy a Pug.

Posted 20th Aug 2013 at 01:05
marksorrento205

Seasoned Pro

Post #10
Surgie or beez neez

2.) If you are NOT interested in buying or selling, or you have nothing positive to say, stay out of the For Sale forum.

How to do a clicky: [url =http://www.306gti6.com]click here[/url] remove the space between [url & =
Posted 20th Aug 2013 at 07:18
dangti6

aka JKshooter

Post #11
Nice car Thumbs up

• Senior Test Automation Engineer for the 306GTi6 Owners Club Forum Wizard

• Posted 20th Aug 2013 at 07:52
    alastairh

Regular

Post #12
    Speedo is original. Late 205 GTI's have the numbers. I have a K plate CTI with them on.

Al

205 GTI6
    Primera GT
    Xsara VTS
    306 GTI6
    Posted 20th Aug 2013 at 08:00
    beez_neez_gt

Seasoned Pro

Post #13
    Mark cant read, its official.

Mine is a k plate and didnt have it.

Guess your still a nob rash then mark, lol nothing changes. Your the one with nothing positive to say about it, since when did u tell me what to do eh?

Pug fee`ver,

Pick a Bogey, buy a Pug.

Posted 20th Aug 2013 at 12:54
    dangti6

aka JKshooter

Post #14
    beez_neez_gt wrote:

Guess your still a nob rash then mark, lol nothing changes. Your the one with nothing positive to say about it, since when did u tell me what to do eh?

Relax with the aggresion Thumbs up

• Senior Test Automation Engineer for the 306GTi6 Owners Club Forum Wizard

• Posted 20th Aug 2013 at 13:03
    dcc

Senior User

Post #15
    George is it possible that your car has had the clocks changed?

As for the bickering in this thread - its what pm's and meeting at the back pub car park!

205 GTI
    Xsara HDI
    Posted 20th Aug 2013 at 13:04
    beez_neez_gt

Seasoned Pro

Post #16
    marksorrento205 wrote:

2.) I am NOT interested in buying or selling, or I have nothing positive to say, ill stay out of the For Sale forum.

Edited for accuracy.

Yes absolutely, just pointing it out to buyers is all, not criticizing. Its a good thing as said, no need for mark to stick his head in again.

Pug fee`ver,

Pick a Bogey, buy a Pug.

Posted 20th Aug 2013 at 15:33
    marksorrento205

Seasoned Pro

Post #17
    Laugh my ass off

How to do a clicky: [url =http://www.306gti6.com]click here[/url] remove the space between [url & =
    Posted 20th Aug 2013 at 16:12
    mcvite

Regular

Post #18
    Looks very nice mate,good luck with the sale Thumbs up

http://s1160.photobucket.com/albums/q486/mcvite/
    Posted 21st Aug 2013 at 06:23
    dcc

Senior User

Post #19
    Cheers, have already had a few silly offers, but as stated, I'm in no rush to sell it for £900! Big grin

205 GTI
    Xsara HDI
    Posted 21st Aug 2013 at 15:43
    yippeekayay

Seasoned Pro

Post #20
    Lovely car... if I had space and the rallye gone I'd have it in a blink. Glwts...sadly ...

306 less for first time in nearly 7 years. Lets keep it that way... please refuse any offers i make to buy your 306 ( doctors letter supplied by request)

Marmite and cheese sandwiches anyone???

Burns and Mcrae will be forever missed.
    x box "yippeekayaymofo"
    Posted 21st Aug 2013 at 16:51
    dcc

Senior User

Post #21
    got a bit of love for this again. Will be fitting cam belt covers and new genuine driving lamps, will clean up the engine bay a little.

Oh and I am going to swap insurance on to this so the miles will start to increase gradually!

205 GTI
    Xsara HDI
    Posted 29th Aug 2013 at 19:22
    electricfurnace

Post #22
    Hello mate, long shot but is this still for sale? I'm only 30 mins down the M4 from you so am interested. Cheers,Alex
    Posted 20th Jan 2014 at 16:06
    dcc

Senior User

Post #23
    I am sorry mate, the car sold a few months ago!

i know of one for sale in Bristol for a bargain though

Send me a pm with your number and I will put you in touch with the seller!

205 GTI
    Xsara HDI
    Posted 20th Jan 2014 at 16:27
    electricfurnace

Post #24
    Hiya mate, thanks for the reply. It looked like a great one - similar to my J plate I had about 5 yrs ago.

Can't PM as I'm not a full member but can you email me at caught_in_a_mosh@hotmail.com if thats cool!

Thanks matey Smile
    alex
    Posted 20th Jan 2014 at 16:32