displaying posts 1 to 9 of 9

Author Subject: Replacing Reverse cable, and where to get one?
DanRM

Regular

Post #1
I've tried searching but there seems to be no answers on the threads. I'm having trouble with selecting reverse, feels like theres no lift on the gear stick, pulled the centre console out a little and after a lot of trying I managed to pull the cable up to be able to select reverse.

How hard is it to replace these, plus where can I get one? In desperate need of the car by Tuesday as I'm off to Scotland for the week .

Cheers
Posted 19th Aug 2013 at 00:58
welshpug!

Capt Pedantic

Post #2
Fairly straightforward, remove centre console, unclip from gearstick, tie string to cable.

Unscrew from gearbox and pull through.

Ive got a spare if you need one.

need a part number? get on here - http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com

Bring on the Trumpets.

Posted 19th Aug 2013 at 07:39
Niall

Seasoned Pro

Post #3
2410 54 - CONTROL CABLE - £66.96

So not from peugeot! lol. I cant imagine anywhere would do a pattern one so your best bet is good condition second hand.
Posted 19th Aug 2013 at 08:19
DanRM

Regular

Post #4
Ahh right, yeah I think I'll avoid peugeot then. Thanks Welshpug, will PM you shortly. I'll pop down now and have a look and see if it just come off the holder or something. Is there anyway I can temporarily fix it?

Cheers
Posted 19th Aug 2013 at 08:55
rikky 🦔

Post #5
mine kept coming out of the plastic U shaped clip on the gearstick every time i stuck it in reverse moderately harder than normal. just left it and if it ever popped out i just clipped it back in. don't know if it was the end of the cable or the plastic bit on the gear lever itself

306 rallye reproduction decals (full sets/individual decals) | 306 b-pillar textured vinyl weatherstrips
306 slam panel esso stickers | 306 yellow / orange / pension fund red side door badges
gti6 inlet manifold badges | 306 rear boot badges (p2/p3)
winner of Extraction of toys from prams with outstanding vigour award 2009 [source: gti6 owners club]
Posted 19th Aug 2013 at 09:27
DanRM

Regular

Post #6
Just been down to have a look, had the centre console off and it was that the cable came out of the holder on the the gear stick so thats a lot better than I thought. Cheers for the offer and the help

Dan
Posted 19th Aug 2013 at 09:28
scotzman

Seasoned Pro

Post #7
DanRM wrote:
Just been down to have a look, had the centre console off and it was that the cable came out of the holder on the the gear stick so thats a lot better than I thought. Cheers for the offer and the help

Dan

Aren't they usually secured by a cloth tape to stop them popping out?

'90 1.6 205 GTi, '98 306 GTi-6
Posted 19th Aug 2013 at 10:04
Niall

Seasoned Pro

Post #8
scotzman wrote:
DanRM wrote:

Dan

Aren't they usually secured by a cloth tape to stop them popping out?

Mines not and doesnt look like it ever has been. if it does ever stop popping out, might just dab a bit of alradite on there Big grin
Posted 20th Aug 2013 at 17:22
buzzbrightyear

Seasoned Pro

Post #9
just go forwards, don't use reverse, plenty of women drivers manage to do this somehow

andrew315rawson@live.co.uk
Moonstone phase 7 gti6
My Project thread: http://www.306gti6.com/forum/showthread.php?id=119992&page=1
Posted 20th Aug 2013 at 17:48