2000 Peugeot 306 GTi6

• 2000cc
  • Grey
  • 96 miles

• No tax
  • No MOT
  • Service history unknown
  • Cambelt changed: Apr 2012

Modifications: Eibach pro -30mm lowering springs 21mm torsion bars Rebuilt rear beam with brand new bearing kit from Peugeot Citroen C5 steels (4.7kg per wheel!) in white, with 4k old Uniroyal Rainsport 2s all around Longlife mid-sport stainless steel exhaust Meyle HD wishbones BakerBM Gear linkages

displaying posts 1 to 2 of 2

Author Subject: 2000 Peugeot 306 GTi6
Niall

Seasoned Pro

Post #1
Hi Guys
Im advertising this on behalf of a friend of mine from OC. Before i post up the original ad, i will just say that i know the car very well and it is very tidy considering its age and mileage. Any questions feel free to direct them to me and ill answer or you if your on there, speak to Scott on OC.

I'm thinking of selling my astor GTi-6. The spec is as follows:

Year: 2000
Model: Astor grey 306 GTi-6
Mileage: 96,500
Tax: 10 months
Test: Until Dec 2013

The good: The car has recently had a pretty big overhaul and service. The cambelt was done at around 84k in April 2012 by Deepak on the 6 forum. Coolant was changed at the same time. The car had an oil and filter change in January 2013 for Silkolene fully synthetic oil with a genuine Peugeot oil filter. New pads and discs have been fitted all around. Droplinks, top mounts, and wishbones have all been replaced, and the rear beam has been rebuiilt with a new Peugeot bearing kit. The clutch was also replaced less than 10k ago with a Valeo clutch.

The car has recently been detailed with a full clay, polish and wax, so the paint feels extremely fresh and smooth, and regular cleaning should keep it looking great for another 6 months! It will also come with a spare inlet manifold, original 20mm torsion bars (therefore you could remove and sell the 21mm TBs for about £90 if they're not required), a spare GTi-6 spoiler, battery, fans and rear lights for the right price.

Mods:
Eibach pro -30mm lowering springs
21mm torsion bars
Rebuilt rear beam with brand new bearing kit from Peugeot
Citroen C5 steels (4.7kg per wheel!) in white, with 4k old Uniroyal Rainsport 2s all around
Longlife mid-sport stainless steel exhaust
Meyle HD wishbones
BakerBM Gear linkages

Bad points:The driver's seat base and bolster are ripped in the alcantara. I've been offered a mint set at a good price, I'm sure the seller will be happy to carry the offer over for a potential buyer if the rip is a big issue for them. Another member has also given an even better offer for retrimming the seat, but as yet I've not had time to remove the seat covers and get them sent off, and is not likely I will get to do so before selling.

The front bumper is scuffed at the bottom, but will be replaced for a mint one before selling.

There is a small dent on the driver's side wing, unfortunately it's right on the crease so it's a little more noticeable than it would be elsewhere given its size.

AC doesn't work, standard problem really!

There is a small rattle from inside the dash at high revs (when allowing the engine to brake on overrun), I've not quite figured it out yet but will have the dash apart at some point over the weekend and will take another look.

This is the best 6 that I've owned by far, and is fantastic to drive. The engine pulls extremely well and the handling is great. I'd love to see it go on to someone who is going to really look after it and possibly make good use of it with some track time

I'd be looking for offers very close to £1800. Please only post if you're interested Thanks
Posted 12th Aug 2013 at 21:47
Niall

Seasoned Pro

Post #2

Posted 12th Aug 2013 at 21:48