displaying posts 1 to 12 of 12

Author Subject: this w/e
grumpychef

The Rib Man

Post #1
ok if anyone really does want to come help this w/e i'm up for trying to organise those ribs. i'm no mechanic so helping would literally mean "doing it" if the parts can be scraped together i can pay for them and cook for your efforts i'm looking at a fooking hefty garage bill. and i accept that i may have to let the garage do the clutch but they are wanting in the region of 500 or 600 quid i'm not expecting much change out of a grand for the garage to sort it all.
it would be good to get the radiator changed and the suspension arm, but i have no tools or jacks or axle stands or anything but a big drive and lots of space to work off rd. i am in cleeve on the A370 by the lord nelson pub. iv'e got my kids staying for the next two weeks and they might enjoy a bbq. i dont know what the weather forcast is but i have a large garage with space to open both doors. anyone up for a challenge? and at a loose end this w/e there is lots going on.

Anyway nothing happens if you don't try so there you go.

iv.e lost touch with this guy he was my mechanical hero.

Formally team BLAZE now Team bianca recuperating from multiple organ failure nicely!
items replaced so far, clutch, cambelt etc, radiator, exhaust, most of front running gear, wish bones, drop links, ball joints, track rod ends, bearings, brakes, calipers, discs, and pads, brake lines, front springs, brake balance compensator thingy, hand brake cable, throttle cable (twice), coil pack, door handle, windscreen, wipers, head lamps several sensors and bulbs Dry .rear beam new throttle cable, new battery. .......... yeah man, team money pit! but shes still rollin!

Posted 7th Aug 2013 at 22:56
dangti6

aka JKshooter

Post #2
Thumbs up

• Senior Test Automation Engineer for the 306GTi6 Owners Club Forum Wizard

• Posted 7th Aug 2013 at 23:11
    stan_306gti6 Forum Admin

Post #3
    If I lived a bit closer Chris I'd definitely be up for this. Thumbs up

Such a shame really because we could get that clutch done in 3 hours and save you the garage bill. Sad

"Supercharged - 454.1bhp/317.5lb/ft"
    Peugeot 306 GTi-6
    2000 (X), Moonstone Love
    Posted 7th Aug 2013 at 23:17
    adam b

Seasoned Pro

Post #4
    Can you tell us exactly what you wanted to get done again, Chris?

I can try and get you some Peugeot original parts at trade if it helps. We are away this weekend Sad

Nothing to see here
    Posted 8th Aug 2013 at 19:04
    welshpug!

Capt Pedantic

Post #5
    clutch a wishbone and a rad wasn't it?

need a part number? get on here - http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com

Bring on the Trumpets.

Posted 8th Aug 2013 at 21:36
    stan_306gti6 Forum Admin

Post #6
    welshpug! wrote:

And possibly a door wiring loom I seem to recall.

"Supercharged - 454.1bhp/317.5lb/ft"
    Peugeot 306 GTi-6
    2000 (X), Moonstone Love
    Posted 8th Aug 2013 at 22:46
    dangti6

aka JKshooter

Post #7
    And rear shocks?

• Posted 8th Aug 2013 at 22:56
    thugpuggin

Seasoned Pro

Post #8
    Or just search the original thread...

I'd love to help but doing overtime.

Black X Reg PIII.VGTi 6 A4212 pt 1 A4212 pt 2 Searching the streets of Bristol for 1.36p/day.

Joint Kent Leader

Posted 8th Aug 2013 at 22:59
    dangti6

aka JKshooter

Post #9
    What day? I'm due to be in the area at some point.

• Posted 8th Aug 2013 at 23:01
    grumpychef

The Rib Man

Post #10
    stan_306gti6 wrote:
    welshpug! wrote:

And possibly a door wiring loom I seem to recall.

not worried about the door loom. clutch, rad, nearside suspension arm and a good look at all the other suspension bits (drop links ball joints track rod ends possibly rear shocks too). something is clunking over speed bumps.

i can't see it happening this w/e though it would be great. it is booked into garage next wed i cant drive it anywhere as the rad has drained and drains in about ten minutes quite a leak! may ust limp it to garage next wed or try and get a tow.

if anyone does come to help i will be eternally grateful. +beer tkens of course

Formally team BLAZE now Team bianca recuperating from multiple organ failure nicely!
    items replaced so far, clutch, cambelt etc, radiator, exhaust, most of front running gear, wish bones, drop links, ball joints, track rod ends, bearings, brakes, calipers, discs, and pads, brake lines, front springs, brake balance compensator thingy, hand brake cable, throttle cable (twice), coil pack, door handle, windscreen, wipers, head lamps several sensors and bulbs Dry .rear beam new throttle cable, new battery. .......... yeah man, team money pit! but shes still rollin!

Posted 9th Aug 2013 at 12:11
    grumpychef

The Rib Man

Post #11
    well it looks like the car will be ressurected by monday. it's gone to the wallet rapers for essential repairs.... first job before starting works was to inspect rear beam for any problems it appears thats ok for another year so clutch has been done, both wishbones, brake lines, new radiator, and a few other niggles, new MOT, service and oil filter oil/change. Thumbs up Thumbs up

ill need new disks and pads soon but i think i might do them myself soonish, i'm so glad the rear beam is ok i had a look at the parts section and another £425.00 + fitting would have taken the car to the scrappie! roll on monday when i get back in that driving seat! then i can burn some more fossil fuels and accerlerate the greenhouse effect. Wink

Posted 16th Aug 2013 at 18:22
    rikky 🦔

Post #12
    SSP do 306 beams on exhange basis for £350 posted and they pick your old one up

306 rallye reproduction decals (full sets/individual decals) | 306 b-pillar textured vinyl weatherstrips
    306 slam panel esso stickers | 306 yellow / orange / pension fund red side door badges
    gti6 inlet manifold badges | 306 rear boot badges (p2/p3)
    winner of Extraction of toys from prams with outstanding vigour award 2009 [source: gti6 owners club]
    Posted 16th Aug 2013 at 19:06