displaying posts 1 to 16 of 16

Author Subject: ireland and my 6
grumpychef

The Rib Man

Post #1
well just got back from a bit of a road trip to southwest ireland. i went over in my car as i wanted to do a bit of proper driving. after deliberating about should i break it or not i thought i would give it a chance to prove herself... she performed admirably and didn't miss a beat yeah the clutch is still slipping a bit but not badly. ... i covered over 1200 miles in ten days. met up with an old flame and re-ignited our relationship after 25 years and had the best of times!
some years ago NGK (ithink) put up a thread about the healy pass... well i had always fancied driving it and it surpased my expectations. farking awesome bit of road as indeed are lots of the roads in ireland i did get off the beaten track and found myself in some situations that were cause for concern some of the roads off the beaten track were somewhat dodgy soooo glad the car was never lowered!

enjoy the pics: ...

. i will be back over there asap! for more awesome driving.

Formally team BLAZE now Team bianca recuperating from multiple organ failure nicely!
items replaced so far, clutch, cambelt etc, radiator, exhaust, most of front running gear, wish bones, drop links, ball joints, track rod ends, bearings, brakes, calipers, discs, and pads, brake lines, front springs, brake balance compensator thingy, hand brake cable, throttle cable (twice), coil pack, door handle, windscreen, wipers, head lamps several sensors and bulbs Dry .rear beam new throttle cable, new battery. .......... yeah man, team money pit! but shes still rollin!

Posted 11th Aug 2013 at 20:47
heliosphan

Senior User

Post #2
Those roads look great. Thumbs up

Interesting reading on that plaque, I'd like to go to Ireland but assume there will be default hatred as soon as I open my mouth or anyone sees the GB plate on my car, then a stabbing will ensue.
Posted 6th Aug 2013 at 12:03
welshpug!

Capt Pedantic

Post #3
stick a wales sticker on then!

need a part number? get on here - http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com

Bring on the Trumpets.

Posted 6th Aug 2013 at 12:04
grumpychef

The Rib Man

Post #4
everybody was very friendly and helpful, though they are not good giving directions and the road signage is dreadfull.
typical direction was "drive along a little while and turn after the pub ..... there seems to be a pub every couple of miles and a "liitle while2 usually meant a fair few miles. but all in all everyone was very very welcoming and helpful.

Formally team BLAZE now Team bianca recuperating from multiple organ failure nicely!
items replaced so far, clutch, cambelt etc, radiator, exhaust, most of front running gear, wish bones, drop links, ball joints, track rod ends, bearings, brakes, calipers, discs, and pads, brake lines, front springs, brake balance compensator thingy, hand brake cable, throttle cable (twice), coil pack, door handle, windscreen, wipers, head lamps several sensors and bulbs Dry .rear beam new throttle cable, new battery. .......... yeah man, team money pit! but shes still rollin!

Posted 6th Aug 2013 at 12:13
heliosphan

Senior User

Post #5
Oh Mei, if only it were that simple.
I've been taking special classes for over a year now since moving and still can't do a Welsh accent. Sad
Posted 6th Aug 2013 at 12:24
welshpug!

Capt Pedantic

Post #6
LOL

I dont sound particularly welsh but its sure not english Big grin

So the pug is in for some loving and wallet bashing then Big grin

need a part number? get on here - http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com

Bring on the Trumpets.

Posted 6th Aug 2013 at 13:00
rikky 🦔

Post #7
sounding welsh aka sounding like you've got a mouth full of ballbags FTW

306 rallye reproduction decals (full sets/individual decals) | 306 b-pillar textured vinyl weatherstrips
306 slam panel esso stickers | 306 yellow / orange / pension fund red side door badges
gti6 inlet manifold badges | 306 rear boot badges (p2/p3)
winner of Extraction of toys from prams with outstanding vigour award 2009 [source: gti6 owners club]
Posted 6th Aug 2013 at 13:04
grumpychef

The Rib Man

Post #8
welshpug! wrote:
LOL

I dont sound particularly welsh but its sure not english Big grin

So the pug is in for some loving and wallet bashing then Big grin

erm yeah i reckon so no point breaking it yet! plenty of life left in the old girl not looking forward to the wallet bashing just done enough of that but yeah new clutch will be done sometime soon. (and all the other bits too.)

Posted 6th Aug 2013 at 13:06
adam b

Seasoned Pro

Post #9
You dirty old dog you.... Shock

Nothing to see here
Posted 6th Aug 2013 at 22:11
gilesy

Seasoned Pro

Post #10
I liked him best in Auf Weidersen Pet
Posted 7th Aug 2013 at 00:37
thugpuggin

Seasoned Pro

Post #11
gilesy wrote:
I liked him best in Auf Weidersen Pet

I liked Wayne better myself.

Black X Reg PIII.VGTi 6 A4212 pt 1 A4212 pt 2 Searching the streets of Bristol for 1.36p/day.

Joint Kent Leader

Posted 7th Aug 2013 at 00:54
dangti6

aka JKshooter

Post #12
grumpychef wrote:
plenty of life left in the old girl

How about the 306? That going to last much longer?

• Senior Test Automation Engineer for the 306GTi6 Owners Club Forum Wizard

• Posted 7th Aug 2013 at 01:01
    grumpychef

The Rib Man

Post #13
    dangti6 wrote:
    grumpychef wrote:
    plenty of life left in the old girl

How about the 306? That going to last much longer?

ERM no.... oh the irony..... 1200 miles around ireland with some serious abuse and it got me home in good fettle. three days later (today) i pop in to bristol and the radiator finally gave up the ghost and decides to fail!! serious wallet bashing is afoot!

NOW unless by some miracle you lads rally together and turn up here this w/e (which i dont expect will happen) with a radiator, rear shocks a nearside suspension arm a clutch kit and a full tool kit and a trolly jack it's going in to the garage next wenesday for full service, new radiator, clutch, suspension arm +any other bits and any work needed for mot........credit card is about to be arse raped!!!! it had to happen eventually i was kind of running on borrowed time thank god the radiator held out up the healy pass! i was in some very remote places over there.

MOT is due 5th sept so may as well get it sorted and straight and true i love the car.

as for the old girl.... she has a fine chassis and nice head rests. her rear end is a firm and gives a comfortable ride.......

Posted 7th Aug 2013 at 14:36
    yippeekayay

Seasoned Pro

Post #14
    welshpug! wrote:
    stick a wales sticker on then!
    very true or an ecosse sticker.

I dated a girl in killarney many years ago and was over in my mk2 golf gti every other weekend for a year and didnt get any grief at all accept for fishguard customs searching my car for guns every other trip.

did you manage to get round the ring of kerry or up to donegal galway. Best roads in the jeremy clarksom world!!

adam b wrote:
    You dirty old dog you.... Shock
    yep grumpy.... ya big dawg.....Thumbs up

306 less for first time in nearly 7 years. Lets keep it that way... please refuse any offers i make to buy your 306 ( doctors letter supplied by request)

Marmite and cheese sandwiches anyone???

Burns and Mcrae will be forever missed.
    x box "yippeekayaymofo"
    Posted 7th Aug 2013 at 20:39
    yippeekayay

Seasoned Pro

Post #15
    Ps got a nearly new nissens rad and most other bits from my black gti6 if you need anything off it shout as am near it saturday and then back to the midlands.

306 less for first time in nearly 7 years. Lets keep it that way... please refuse any offers i make to buy your 306 ( doctors letter supplied by request)

Marmite and cheese sandwiches anyone???

Burns and Mcrae will be forever missed.
    x box "yippeekayaymofo"
    Posted 7th Aug 2013 at 20:41
    dangti6

aka JKshooter

Post #16
    If others are actually prepared to help you the weekend I'm happy to pop by. I may be able to donate some bits and can bring some tools and jacks etc. Do let me
    know if others genuinely intend to pop up Smile

• Senior Test Automation Engineer for the 306GTi6 Owners Club Forum Wizard

• Posted 7th Aug 2013 at 21:13