displaying posts 1 to 4 of 4

Author Subject: Starting issue
rich306

Seasoned Pro

Post #1
Ok up until this morning it's not been a problem but this morning it took three attempts to start the Rallye.

My car has an aftermarket alarm and immobiliser however The more I think about it the less it seems that this is the issue.

When unlocking the car and starting it, It's taken a pause of about 1 - 2 seconds before she turns over, I get the standard click like the power is hitting the starter but its not doing anything.
As said already, it's not really been a problem before this morning as it took 3 attempts (turning ignition on then off after no turning over) to get her turned over!

I would assume the starter motor is on its way out, but are you able to confirm through experience?!

Thanks
Rich

Richies Project Rallye

Electrical work carried out in Portsmouth

jamiek_uk2000 wrote:
You'll need to throw money at the car. Not on parts. Just stand near your car and throw loose change at it, I find this increases performance for a short period of time
- Top Tip!!!
Posted 5th Aug 2013 at 07:14
stan_306gti6 Forum Admin

Post #2
It could be, although you could have a similar issue to the person in this thread: http://www.306gti6.com/forum/showthread.php?id=156639

"Supercharged - 454.1bhp/317.5lb/ft"
Peugeot 306 GTi-6
2000 (X), Moonstone Love
Posted 5th Aug 2013 at 09:47
rich306

Seasoned Pro

Post #3
I also have that issue when it's been in the sun too long, but this is to do with the starter motor not engaging.
Anything else that might cause my problem?

Richies Project Rallye

Electrical work carried out in Portsmouth

jamiek_uk2000 wrote:
You'll need to throw money at the car. Not on parts. Just stand near your car and throw loose change at it, I find this increases performance for a short period of time
- Top Tip!!!
Posted 5th Aug 2013 at 09:55
stan_306gti6 Forum Admin

Post #4
Sounds like you're going to need a new starter then. Yes

"Supercharged - 454.1bhp/317.5lb/ft"
Peugeot 306 GTi-6
2000 (X), Moonstone Love
Posted 6th Aug 2013 at 10:06