displaying posts 1 to 6 of 6

Author Subject: Annoying noise
02woodm

Junior User

Post #1
My rallye has developed a really annoying noise. I don't think it's suspension routed but thought it would be the best place to put it.
The noise sounds as if it's coming from right in front of the driver when your in the drivers seat. To pin point the sound would be on the bulkhead, halfway down.
It is a light knocking sound and it does it every time you lift the throttle pedal, but it doesn't make it when out of gear or with the clutch dipped.
I know this sounds like it would be an engine mount or something making the noise from rocking when you let off, but i'm sure it isn't. It makes it in every gear even if you just rest your foot on the pedal then let it off, so even when no acceleration is applied. I've looked all over underneath and in the engine bay, everything seems rigid and tight.
I recently changed the clutch cabled and it may have got louder since, but that might just be me.
Anyway i'm hoping someone else has had the same noise before and can shed some light, your more than welcome to suggest ideas but I've probably looked at everything you'd suggest.
Posted 31st Jul 2013 at 21:22
welshpug!

Capt Pedantic

Post #2
top engine mount or cradle cracked or loose.

need a part number? get on here - http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com

Bring on the Trumpets.

Posted 31st Jul 2013 at 21:39
02woodm

Junior User

Post #3
the rubber, ally and steel of/around the top and bottom engine mount areas all seems good. The bolts are all tight, the rubbers seem to have more play than they should but are not torn or cracked and still hold everything well enough to not allow movement at the steadiness when the noise can occur. Forgot to mention the noise comes about half a second after the pedal is lifted sometimes, sometimes on a bumpy road you can hear it doing it but not often
Posted 31st Jul 2013 at 21:44
stan_306gti6 Forum Admin

Post #4
welshpug! wrote:
top engine mount or cradle cracked or loose.

This. Yes

"Supercharged - 454.1bhp/317.5lb/ft"
Peugeot 306 GTi-6
2000 (X), Moonstone Love
Posted 31st Jul 2013 at 22:32
gilesy

Seasoned Pro

Posted 31st Jul 2013 at 22:35
02woodm

Junior User

Post #6
I havnt taken the mount off to check the cradle underneath, il do this, thanks