displaying posts 1 to 3 of 3

Author Subject: Front cage
chunder27

Regular

Post #1
Am thinking of doing some MSA sprinting next year in the 306.

But have found out that as the interior has been removed I will not be able to run in the standard prod class, I would have to run in modified production, which would entail a full cage. And clearly up against far more modified and powerful cars.

I currently only have a rear cage fitted with a roll hoop, harness stay and diagonal.

It is painted, but surely it can't be that hard to weld in a front section and maybe a couple of door bars?

Then again how do I even know if the cage is MSA legal, bugger this is a pain in the ARSE.
Posted 17th Jul 2013 at 15:23
blandy

Seasoned Pro

Post #2
Miles runs a caged car with interior in place for this reason I believe. As for adding to a cage its not difficult but dunno how you go about getting it tested to make it compliant. Can get a complete bolt in omp cage for £500 from tweeks which is compliant which dependant on how much mods to your cage cost may work out easier
Posted 17th Jul 2013 at 15:28
pugheaven

Seasoned Pro

Post #3
If I was you I would just buy a new cage, I replicated my safety device cage and worked out silly expensive and its not as easy as you think making the front parts of the cage...
Posted 17th Jul 2013 at 17:01