displaying posts 1 to 8 of 8

Author Subject: Fitting interior bluetooth mic
pug1987

Regular

Post #1
Quick question guys, bought a bluetooth radio as my original pug radio has given up the ghost.

The bluetooth job come with a mic and a USB lead coming from the back, first question is where is the best spot to put the mic (and threading the wires) and am i able to thread the USB lead into the cubby hole near top the gear stick.

Veni, Vidi, Spurius brutus detruncavi

Mr T. pitties the fool, Chuck Norris rips the fools f*ckin' head off.

PS3 id: DarkDestroyer87
Posted 12th Jul 2013 at 09:55
rikky 🦔

Post #2
put the mic near the alarm ultrasonics and wiring up the pillar and yes you can put the usb lead into the top of the cubby but you'll need to make a little hole. i used a 20mm holesaw and just cut a neat circle out of it and put the usb and iphone/ipod lead into there

306 rallye reproduction decals (full sets/individual decals) | 306 b-pillar textured vinyl weatherstrips
306 slam panel esso stickers | 306 yellow / orange / pension fund red side door badges
gti6 inlet manifold badges | 306 rear boot badges (p2/p3)
winner of Extraction of toys from prams with outstanding vigour award 2009 [source: gti6 owners club]
Posted 12th Jul 2013 at 09:59
thugpuggin

Seasoned Pro

Post #3
Mic for my parrot bluetoth phone kit is placed next to the interior light console. Cable runs under head lining down passengar pillar and behind dash.

Regarding the USB you can thread that down through dashboard and bring it out along the join between centre console and dash then push it out of sight as seen below.

pictures here

Black X Reg PIII.VGTi 6 A4212 pt 1 A4212 pt 2 Searching the streets of Bristol for 1.36p/day.

Joint Kent Leader

Posted 12th Jul 2013 at 10:02
thugpuggin

Seasoned Pro

Post #4
I also bought a replacement ultrasonics cover to try and put over the mic but mic wasn't correct size to fit in it so looked s**t. Given the ultrasonics don't f**king work if I could be arsed I'd probably re route mine and place behind it.

Black X Reg PIII.VGTi 6 A4212 pt 1 A4212 pt 2 Searching the streets of Bristol for 1.36p/day.

Joint Kent Leader

Posted 12th Jul 2013 at 10:04
pug1987

Regular

Post #5
Thinking that was the best solution, either near the interior light or just at the top of the right pillar facia, thought i would ask about the cubby before i go hacking away at it.

Posted 12th Jul 2013 at 10:06
pug1987

Regular

Post #6
Another quick question, fitted the Mic and it all works great, just the radio stalk on the steering wheel dosent work, there is a blue and white cable from the radio which says steering wheel controls any ideas which I connect it to so that I can use them, asking would he quicker than me searching the wiring diagrams as I'm on my phone. Responses much appreciated.

Posted 13th Jul 2013 at 10:55
Niall

Seasoned Pro

Post #7
thugpuggin wrote:
I also bought a replacement ultrasonics cover to try and put over the mic but mic wasn't correct size to fit in it so looked s**t. Given the ultrasonics don't f**king work if I could be arsed I'd probably re route mine and place behind it.

I did that wth my Kenwood one and people could barely hear me. Mines now stuck to the windscreen just above the rear view mirror.
Posted 13th Jul 2013 at 11:04
darkstar753

Regular

Post #8
I've got my mic above the rear view mirror, fed through the dash and up the pillar, cant see the wires at all.
My usb socket is run through the dash and sits in the glovebox Smile

Darkstar
Posted 13th Jul 2013 at 20:41