displaying posts 26 to 29 of 29

Pages (2): 1 [2]

Author Subject: Brake pipes rant
buzzbrightyear

Seasoned Pro

Post #26
yeah I thought that but ford technical day they still degrade/corrode.
Unless they are wrong and they are steel.
anyway i know it's dear and can be done much cheaper but for just over £100 I can get the brake lines in 1 length already made and bent to fit from the abs/esp pump right back to the rear flexi pipes, it comes in 1 piece with all the fuel lines from filter to tank all together in 1 piece (I imagine the brackets are holding it all together).
it's quite a big job to do and most people would just cut it before the tank and reroute around, but I'm not one for doing half jobs so over the weekend the rear subframe and fuel tank will be removed along with anything else needed, the front subframe is getting dropped 100mm or even removed anyway as I have to fit new front wheel bearings and shockers and springs all around.

andrew315rawson@live.co.uk
Moonstone phase 7 gti6
My Project thread: http://www.306gti6.com/forum/showthread.php?id=119992&page=1
Posted 5th Jul 2013 at 15:35
buzzbrightyear

Seasoned Pro

Post #27
Well they can't have left the factory with kunifor/copper pipes as they are truly well indeed defiantly rusty, maybe they ment the replacements are kunifor/copper.
Not to bad a job really, they don't go over the tank just over rear subframe, hardest bit was jacking a big boat up onto 4 axle stands, I don't like the idea of 2 ton above so a few breeze blocks will go under as precaution.

Moonstone phase 7 gti6
Posted 13th Jul 2013 at 22:20
pugjim

Seasoned Pro

Post #28
that pipe always goes on the mondeo, it has a rubber over it to protect it from rubbing on the axle or something like that. Done a few lately. p**s ball job tbh. goes from under the tank to the drivers side rear caliper. Have the handbrake cables seized yet?
Posted 15th Jul 2013 at 17:21
buzzbrightyear

Seasoned Pro

Post #29
yep that's exactly where it's gone, right where that rubber is!
The handbrake cables was done about 18 months ago!
the main run of brake pipe isn't looking very good either where it runs along the side of the tank, this is the one I've bought from ford, comes with the fuel pipes too, but the connection above the tank is impossible to remove.

Moonstone phase 7 gti6
Posted 15th Jul 2013 at 18:10

Pages (2): 1 [2]