displaying posts 1 to 4 of 4

Author Subject: P3 Rear Parcel Shelf Speaker (Drivers Side)
matthew_eames

Regular

Post #1
Don't need the full shelf as the one I have is good, but one of my speakers is making a nice crackling sound and I'd like to swap it out. It's the Phase 3 design I have.

Does anyone have one? I wound need it sending unless close enough to Chester

P.S. Even better if you can get it here by Friday, as I'm off on holiday on Sat and it would be nice to be able to listen to music on the drive down.

P.P.S. I also have a larger list of stuff wanted HERE
Posted 2nd Jul 2013 at 15:13
mik

Seasoned Pro

Post #2
You mean the factory speaker? Get a pair of Alpine 1725S speakers for only around £30 new and they are a quantum leap over factory ones. I've got 4 of them, they fit into the factory apertures. See my project thread for details and a review link:

http://www.306gti6.com/forum/showthread.php?id=136766&page=2

Cherry Rallye SOLD

Posted 2nd Jul 2013 at 17:09
coskev

Seasoned Pro

Post #3
Surely you can get something decent from Tweeks???Dunno

Red GTB1756 powered Fabia VRS daily driver,LBSC Gti6 eater........

Mac1 ZR R1 kit car build in progress.
Posted 2nd Jul 2013 at 19:45
matthew_eames

Regular

Post #4
Turns out it's not the speaker but the shelf itself that's rattling, tried swapping left to right and it stays on the right hand side.

Have tightened the mounting screws as it seems there is a hidden plastic grille inside the shelf and this was a little loose, still rattles on bass notes but is better than before - not sure how to solve really without cutting the shelf up a little to get at the offending part....

Either way, I don't need speakers anymore.

Cheers
Posted 5th Jul 2013 at 12:14