displaying posts 1 to 7 of 7

Author Subject: Stalk Control Not Working
matthew_eames

Regular

Post #1
Do these things ever fail?

My car had an aftermarket Headunit when I bought it, so i didn't expect it to do anything, but now the standard one is back in still nothing.

There are 2 wires going into the connector / stalk (Phase 3 mini ISO type) so presumably there isn't much going on in there.... has anyone experienced a broken one or fixed it?

Cheers
Posted 24th Jun 2013 at 21:27
mik

Seasoned Pro

Post #2
Easy to install a new stalk as it is only held onto the steering wheel cowl with 2 or 3 little screws. You can get another stalk off ebay for under a tenner.

I tried to get one to work with an interface to a Blaupunkt head unit but it didn't work properly so I've removed the stalk entirely for the time being.

Cherry Rallye SOLD

Posted 24th Jun 2013 at 22:57
stan_306gti6 Forum Admin

Post #3
It will work even with aftermarket HU's, you just need to buy the small connection loom which goes from the stalk to the HU you are using. Yes

As said though, sounds like your one is knackered, a fairly simple job to change. Thumbs up

"Supercharged - 454.1bhp/317.5lb/ft"
Peugeot 306 GTi-6
2000 (X), Moonstone Love
Posted 25th Jun 2013 at 23:35
matthew_eames

Regular

Post #4
Seems to be the case, was wondering if an easy fox but took it apart and can't see what the issue is so will get another.

Just bought a connects 2 iPod kit which is replacing the O.E. changer, will be nice to have remote control.
Posted 26th Jun 2013 at 22:49
thugpuggin

Seasoned Pro

Post #5
Does the above do track as well as volume? I've a CD changer replacement unit for a headphone jack and stalk only does volume. Not that it's a problem as it's used through a phone in a cradle in easy reach but something to consider if you believe it may work as O.E.

Black X Reg PIII.VGTi 6 A4212 pt 1 A4212 pt 2 Searching the streets of Bristol for 1.36p/day.

Joint Kent Leader

Posted 26th Jun 2013 at 22:55
matthew_eames

Regular

Post #6
Yeah, it's the proper connector so charges the iPod, gives track selection and also allows 5 playlists to be selected 'a virtual changer, along with 'disc1, which allows control on the ipod.

A pretty good box of tricks, just got to wire it in this weekend.
Posted 27th Jun 2013 at 00:09
thugpuggin

Seasoned Pro

Post #7
Cool, try and locate away from existing stereo equipment/major electrics as at present where my unit is located gives suppression noise like Talk Sport under a pylon when accelerating.

Black X Reg PIII.VGTi 6 A4212 pt 1 A4212 pt 2 Searching the streets of Bristol for 1.36p/day.

Joint Kent Leader

Posted 27th Jun 2013 at 00:27