displaying posts 1 to 2 of 2

Author Subject: remote locking problem
cornish_pug

Regular

Post #1
Has anyone had issues with key fobs failing? New battery is in and its still no go, I've had the key tested on a machine which can detect a signal from the fob. So I'm sure the fob is fine Thumbs up Is there anything that can play up on the receiver?

Team Diesel
Posted 22nd Jun 2013 at 23:37
jimmyhackers

Seasoned Pro

Post #2
this a phase 1 2 or 3? as you said signal im guesing its radio instead of infra-red.

did it work in the past? if so can you think of anything you might of done to stop it working?

large puddle, big pothole, had the rear seats down with loads of things in the back, had friends with long legs in the passenger seat kicking at the wiring loom with their feet....anything really.

it might even be......that as you replaced the fob battery you need to recode the key to the car. theres a guide on here somewhere but google it if your struggling. it takes like 30 seconds to do.

failing that
my phase 3 xsi's central locking never worked since i bought it. i tried everything to no avail, then i crashed it through a fence and it started working Smile

good luck dude

the world is changed by people in sheds
Posted 29th Jul 2013 at 01:10