displaying posts 1 to 4 of 4

Author Subject: 205/309 gti6 engine package
allanallen

Seasoned Pro

Post #1
Hi, due to wanting to go racing I am reluctantly having to change the engine in my 309. It really is a belter of an engine, I took my time to find it as I wanted a low mileage, factory sealed (head never been off etc) lump as I was looking to supercharge it similarly to my mi16 at a later date. So.....

Xu10j4rs lifted from a 1999 306 rallye on 39k and I've covered no more than 2k with it. Before the engine was fitted the sump was removed and bearings checked, which were like brand new as to be expected. I also stripped and checked the oil pump, the strainer was perfectly clear and not full of chunks of silicone like so many are! 😋 Sump re-sealed and new belt etc fitted. Cam timing has been carefully advanced by myself, not guessed I must stress!
This isnt your normal crap, its never snapped a belt, it doesn't tap, it's not covered in oil and s*it from having powder coated cam covers glued on. The oils golden,It starts,idles and runs perfectly, pulls really well. Attached to the engine is
Valeo mi16 clutch with be3 (pull) release bearing
Rich w billet crank pulley
16row mocal oil cooler with t/stat sandwich plate
Bbm t/stat adaptor and correct metal take off(the housing has been modded to self bleed like the standard 8v
Bbm Uprated bottom engine mount
re-angled standard exhaust manifold
stainless tig welded downpipe with lambda boss
resonator bung, uses standard seal and bolts in,not just a push fit
vac pump bung, uses standard o-ring seal not just glued on
throttle body heater and inlet breather blanked
simple alternator adjuster, uses a short belt with no idler or tensioner pullies.
all correct temp and pressure sensors/switches to work with standard gauges
throttle cable
Pipercross foam filter, using standard 306 plastic elbow
unlocked (not open) ecu in 306 ecu box
306 rallye loom, this is on plugs but my 309 was wired differently to standard,however everything will be labeled up making life very easy.
various bits and bobs, spare coils, injectors etc

It's pretty much plug and play for a 205/309 and could easily be fitted in a weekend. IMO it's the perfect reliable set up for a track car.
I'd like a £1000ono for it, I realise this may sound strong money but I personally don't think you'll find a nicer standard engine especially with all the conversion bits hung off it.
I will split stuff off it as long as the engine sells first but please don't inundate the thread telling me you want the t/stat adaptor or similar.
The engines still in the car so can be heard/seen running, started from cold etc. the car unfortunately isn't road legal however.
I'm located near Buxton,Derbyshire but I can have it delivered on a pallet if needed.

Cheers, Allan

www.bridgecraftmotorsport.co.uk

Facebook
Posted 12th Jun 2013 at 07:00
coskev

Seasoned Pro

Post #2
Great packageThumbs up
Did this to my old 309, totally transforms the car from the old gutless 8vCool
where did you get the vac pump blanking plug from?Smile

Red GTB1756 powered Fabia VRS daily driver,LBSC Gti6 eater........

Mac1 ZR R1 kit car build in progress.
Posted 12th Jun 2013 at 11:04
allanallen

Seasoned Pro

Post #3
Cheers kev

I made the blankers, s**t pic sorry

- See more at: http://s67.photobucket.com/user/allanallen/media/photo_zps37ea977e.png.html#sthash.4P9rGazY.dpuf

www.bridgecraftmotorsport.co.uk

Facebook
Posted 12th Jun 2013 at 11:34
coskev

Seasoned Pro

Post #4
Take it you like Freddos?LOL
Do you sell those vac pump blanking plates? Thumbs up

Red GTB1756 powered Fabia VRS daily driver,LBSC Gti6 eater........

Mac1 ZR R1 kit car build in progress.
Posted 12th Jun 2013 at 13:42