displaying posts 101 to 125 of 136

Pages (6): first .. 4 [5] 6

Author Subject: Speeding... Fixed Penalty Notice
ian7675

Techno Viking

Post #101
Our posts are strangely similar there Owain, must be an age thing.

Less than 24 hours to go!
Posted 9th Jun 2013 at 20:32
owain

Seasoned Pro

Post #102
ian7675 wrote:
I had an eye opener not so long ago when some lunatic pulled straight out in front of me on a quiet country road when it was dark

You're obviously lying Ian, roads are safe and clear when dark, that's just a fact. Especially country roads, you're definitely the only person on the road if it's dark, no-one walks, cycles or drives once the sun sets.

I completely agree with you, I've had too many near-misses or idiots cycling with no lights in dark clothing. Yes I'm sure it wouldn't be my fault if I hit them, but I'd still have to live with myself if I killed that person because I was speeding or not concentrating as hard as I could have done.

Membership expiring soon, get in contact on our new little forum project.
Posted 9th Jun 2013 at 20:33
owain

Seasoned Pro

Post #103
ian7675 wrote:
Our posts are strangely similar there Owain, must be an age thing.

Almost certainly, apparently not everyone gets more sensible as they get older though.

Posted 9th Jun 2013 at 20:37
ian7675

Techno Viking

Post #104
That reminds me of a time on an A road, when it was also late and dark when I came across an old guy on a bicycle with no lights on. To say I s**t it was an understatement and I swerved around him narrowly missing him. That showed that even doing the speed limit was unacceptably fast (60 in national speed limit).

Posted 9th Jun 2013 at 20:39
thugpuggin

Seasoned Pro

Post #105
This one time at band camp.

Black X Reg PIII.VGTi 6 A4212 pt 1 A4212 pt 2 Searching the streets of Bristol for 1.36p/day.

Joint Kent Leader

Posted 9th Jun 2013 at 20:50
ian7675

Techno Viking

Post #106
thugpuggin wrote:
This one time at band camp.

You got caught speeding at band camp? I must follow your life more closely...

Posted 9th Jun 2013 at 20:53
ash j

Regular

Post #107
owain wrote:
I'm sorry I wasn't going to rise to this, but you stupid ignorant prick. You say that nobody was in danger, yet you also "didn't notice" you were 50% over the speed limit. That's like not noticing you're doing 105 on a motorway. How can you possibly say that no-one was in danger when you're not even aware of your speed?

It's people like you who nearly knock me off my bike at least once a week. Looking at phones, talking to mates, going far too fast, being just plain dangerous. Last week a good friend of mine lost one of his best friends to someone like you - he was walking home and got hit by a car and instantly killed. No warning, no illness, just left his house one evening and never came back. Young lad, talented musician, and the girl who hit him has been arrested for dangerous driving.

Don't you dare try and say that no-one was in danger, nothing annoys me more than when they try and say that when they've been speeding. Say you f**ked up, say you weren't concentrating, say whatever, but don't try and make out it's okay because no-one was about - how can you be sure when you don't even have a clue what speed you're going? How do you know there's not someone about to walk out of a side road, or pull out of their driveway on a bike?

Don't call me a stupid ignorant prick! And if you do want to, then how about I give you my address and you come knock on my door and then call me a stupid ignorant prick?! If you fancy it, then PM me.

105 in a 70 zone, is a lot different to 30 in a 20 zone, so don't just use the '50% over' rule, not how it works.

And to call me a prick... yet you haven't even seen the road in which I was traveling down. There are no schools, nothing to have to worry about, and right at the point where it drops from a 60 to a 30. A very wide road, with plenty of space for people pulling out of driveways or junctions to even put a nose out yet still not cause any danger to people on the carriageway.

And its not people like me who almost knock people off bikes. f**king grow up and get a grip of your life. My dad rides a bike and I have been pillion with him on many occasions. I have a lot of respect for bikers, and can also see how many car drivers hate bikers.

Whenever I am in traffic I am always on the lookout for bikes that are traveling between two vehicles, and I always deliberately move over to give the said biker more space than is required, and I always get a wave back as a token of appreciation.

It's actually f**king idiots like you who jump to conclusions and make accusations which are not true and have no evidence in which to back them up. 'People like me knocking people off bikes'?! 'People like me looking at phones'?! How do you know??

And people like you who don't have a life, spending too much time on forums, ultimately tapping keys on a keyboard.... what exactly are you achieving??
Posted 9th Jun 2013 at 21:04
ash j

Regular

Post #108
owain wrote:
rich306 wrote:
Are you stating you don't speed... ever?

People doing 50 in a 40, less of an issue for me. 90 on a motorway, I couldn't care less. It's only the people speeding in 30s that really p**s me off, and yes I can say hand on heart that I would never go 45 through one, no matter how dark it was.

So 50 in a 40 is fine? And 90 on a motorway is fine?

And if somebody killed someone in a 40 because they were travelling 50, you wouldn't have an issue with that?

And if somebody travelling at 90 on motorway, wasn't able to stop in time to avoid hitting the car in front and killing a back seat passenger (because they were over the limit)... you couldn't care less?

Need your brain seeing to mate.
Posted 9th Jun 2013 at 21:12
beez_neez_gt

Seasoned Pro

Post #109
Popcorn smiley. ..

Pug fee`ver,

Pick a Bogey, buy a Pug.

Black 306 GTI 6 Standard, was 60k mileage, bargain!!

Clicky: [url =http://www.306gti6.com]click here[/url] remove the space between [url & =
Posted 9th Jun 2013 at 21:31
stan_306gti6 Forum Admin

Post #110
beez_neez_gt wrote:
Popcorn smiley. ..

Laugh

"Supercharged - 454.1bhp/317.5lb/ft"
Peugeot 306 GTi-6
2000 (X), Moonstone Love
Posted 9th Jun 2013 at 21:35
thugpuggin

Seasoned Pro

Post #111
Who really cares?

Black X Reg PIII.VGTi 6 A4212 pt 1 A4212 pt 2 Searching the streets of Bristol for 1.36p/day.

Joint Kent Leader

Posted 9th Jun 2013 at 22:14
stan_306gti6 Forum Admin

Post #112
thugpuggin wrote:
Who really cares?

Owain does. Yes

Peugeot 306 GTi-6
2000 (X), Moonstone Love
Posted 9th Jun 2013 at 22:23
Chris28190

Senior User

Post #113
Lets all make love not war Love

Cherry Rallye '99 - Sold
Posted 9th Jun 2013 at 22:24
owain

Seasoned Pro

Post #114
Two people care enough to report it, clearly.

Posted 9th Jun 2013 at 22:25
stan_306gti6 Forum Admin

Post #115
I don't know why people get so up tight about a speeding thread to be honest.

This is a vehicle orientated forum and vehicles are capable of speed. The fact that we are 'enthusiasts' means that we are more likely to drive the vehicles in a more exuberant fashion than most other people. Therefore, from time to time people will speed and possibly get caught. It's hardly rocket science.

It's a ridiculous suggestion to 'ban' speeding threads as they are always going to come up. Yes

Peugeot 306 GTi-6
2000 (X), Moonstone Love
Posted 9th Jun 2013 at 22:32
Chris28190

Senior User

Post #116
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6BPV0GF_074

But that's ok, we are enthusiasts so it's 100% safe LOL

And yes, that was filmed on a potato. Oh and on a side note, that isn't you is it Stan on these 'silly pull out maneuver to scare non indicating drivers' by any chance? lol

Cherry Rallye '99 - Sold
Posted 9th Jun 2013 at 22:37
owain

Seasoned Pro

Post #117
Don't tar us all with your own irresponsibility Stan, I've loved cars for as long as I can remember, that does not mean I should find illegally endangering other people more than is necessary acceptable.

You're meant to be a moderator and representative of the club, so is it the club's official stance that 45 in a 30 is okay because we're enthusiasts?

If I was speeding and knocked you off your bike and you lost your legs, would you let me off because I was an enthusiast?

Posted 9th Jun 2013 at 22:37
stan_306gti6 Forum Admin

Post #118
owain wrote:
Don't tar us all with your own irresponsibility Stan, I've loved cars for as long as I can remember, that does not mean I should find illegally endangering other people more than is necessary acceptable.

You're meant to be a moderator and representative of the club, so is it the club's official stance that 45 in a 30 is okay because we're enthusiasts?

If I was speeding and knocked you off your bike and you lost your legs, would you let me off because I was an enthusiast?

That's kind of not what I meant.

What I was getting at is the fact that people complain about someone posting up a thread about speeding, not whether it was right or wrong to speed. The fact is, seeing as this is a forum regarding 'vehicles' it's kinda obvious that the odd thread about speeding is going to come up now and again, that's all. Smile

Peugeot 306 GTi-6
2000 (X), Moonstone Love
Posted 9th Jun 2013 at 22:41
owain

Seasoned Pro

Post #119
I don't think people complain about people posting the threads up, I see barely one or two threads a week nowadays that are interesting enough to comment on, the place would be dead by now if people didn't have disagreements and something a bit deeper than asking which tyres to buy.

What I don't approve of is people who think they should get sympathy because some "w**ker" copper caught you driving dangerously. You're a biker Stan, so I'm sure you're more than aware than experienced bikers really look down on people who ride dangerously, who don't wear proper gear, cane down residential streets in the middle of the night because they give bikers a bad name.

I'm just surprised that a handful of people on here don't seem to do the same with cars; they b**ch and moan about how modified car insurance is so expensive and how the police always pull them over just because they've lowered or modified their car, but then they don't seem to want to improve the image of car enthusiasts at all.

True car enthusiasts should be polite to police and respect the rules, maybe if more did that we'd have a slightly better image.

Posted 9th Jun 2013 at 22:49
thugpuggin

Seasoned Pro

Post #120
I destroyed Bromsgrove this morning and drove like an absolute c**t. I'll be the first to admit it.

However it was completely within the law.

Joint Kent Leader

Posted 9th Jun 2013 at 23:02
adam b

Seasoned Pro

Post #121
You drive like a c**t at all times, Jon Thumbs up

20/30/40 = drive at the speed limit maximum if safe to do so. I do not speed in these limited areas.
Anything else is fair game in my book, but easily within the car's capability and to the current conditions.

Nothing to see here
Posted 10th Jun 2013 at 00:40
beez_neez_gt

Seasoned Pro

Post #122
ABS.

Pug fee`ver,

Pick a Bogey, buy a Pug.

Black 306 GTI 6 Standard, was 60k mileage, bargain!!

Clicky: [url =http://www.306gti6.com]click here[/url] remove the space between [url & =
Posted 10th Jun 2013 at 01:44
Ed_van_dijk

Senior User

Post #123
should of been going faster so they didnt have time to stand out in front and pull you over

Astor 6
Posted 10th Jun 2013 at 10:46
stan_306gti6 Forum Admin

Post #124
Ed_van_dijk wrote:
should of been going faster so they didnt have time to stand out in front and get run over

EFA. Laugh

Peugeot 306 GTi-6
2000 (X), Moonstone Love
Posted 10th Jun 2013 at 11:02
jsoulman

Seasoned Pro

Post #125
stan_306gti6 wrote:
Ed_van_dijk wrote:
should of been going faster so they didnt have time to stand out in front and get run over

EFA. Laugh

This makes no sense. Are you saying he should have been going so fast that the Police didnt have time to go out in the middle of the road and get run over?
Posted 10th Jun 2013 at 11:04

Pages (6): first .. 4 [5] 6