displaying posts 76 to 100 of 136

Pages (6): first .. 3 [4] 5 .. last

Author Subject: Speeding... Fixed Penalty Notice
buzzbrightyear

Seasoned Pro

Post #76
if I used a loophole, where would that be taking it?

andrew315rawson@live.co.uk
Moonstone phase 7 gti6
My Project thread: http://www.306gti6.com/forum/showthread.php?id=119992&page=1
Posted 8th Jun 2013 at 21:55
stan_306gti6 Forum Admin

Post #77
Rich E wrote:
The reason why the safety camera partnerships do sign all of their fixed cameras and mobile detection zones is because they are not allowed to collect revenue from cameras being operated outside of signed zones.

This of course has no bearing on cameras or mobile checks operated by the police directly.

Hmmm...simply from memory this seems correct Rich, I recall something along these lines when researching this in the past. Yes

I think we're pretty much all agreed anyway, Ash, you'll have to pay it. LOL

"Supercharged - 454.1bhp/317.5lb/ft"
Peugeot 306 GTi-6
2000 (X), Moonstone Love
Posted 8th Jun 2013 at 22:11
owain

Seasoned Pro

Post #78
Something something grumble grumble, I should be allowed to run over kids.

Membership expiring soon, get in contact on our new little forum project.
Posted 9th Jun 2013 at 01:10
beez_neez_gt

Seasoned Pro

Post #79
http://www.roadsupervisors.net/aes.speeding-ticket.htm

Pug fee`ver,

Pick a Bogey, buy a Pug.

Black 306 GTI 6 Standard, was 60k mileage, bargain!!

Clicky: [url =http://www.306gti6.com]click here[/url] remove the space between [url & =
Posted 9th Jun 2013 at 05:03
dangti6

aka JKshooter

Post #80
Have you gone on and just paid it yet?

• Senior Test Automation Engineer for the 306GTi6 Owners Club Forum Wizard

• Posted 9th Jun 2013 at 08:23
    welshpug!

Capt Pedantic

Post #81
    I think we should ban speeding threads.

need a part number? get on here - http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com

Bring on the Trumpets.

Posted 9th Jun 2013 at 08:26
    stan_306gti6 Forum Admin

Post #82
    welshpug! wrote:

Why?

Peugeot 306 GTi-6
    2000 (X), Moonstone Love
    Posted 9th Jun 2013 at 08:28
    ian7675

Techno Viking

Post #83
    stan_306gti6 wrote:
    welshpug! wrote:

Why?

Because everyone thinks they're experts at criminal law and frantically search Google for any piece of evidence that they're correct. Actually that's no reason to ban the threads, it's quite funny when people are proved wrong after being so confident in what they were saying LOL

Less than 24 hours to go!
    Posted 9th Jun 2013 at 08:34
    stan_306gti6 Forum Admin

Post #84
    At the end of the day, if you've done something wrong and have been caught, it's human nature to try and find a way out of it, so I can understand why people come on here and ask. Yes

Peugeot 306 GTi-6
    2000 (X), Moonstone Love
    Posted 9th Jun 2013 at 08:36
    ian7675

Techno Viking

Post #85
    I wasn't referring to the OP.

Posted 9th Jun 2013 at 08:37
    dangti6

aka JKshooter

Post #86
    Criminal comes on with big balls and states he's been discriminated.

Members offer advice from simply paying the fine to suggesting it should be contested - regardless of what they'd actually do in such a situation.

Criminal simply pays feeling they have contested it in anger via a forum - effectively paying with reluctance of which the courts have seen nothing of.

So any future speeders out there who will simply pay a fine after venting - by all means please do make out you were unfairly treated before just giving in to pay like you always fully intended to.

We are all friends here and we are all ears Smile

• Senior Test Automation Engineer for the 306GTi6 Owners Club Forum Wizard

• Posted 9th Jun 2013 at 08:41
    ian7675

Techno Viking

Post #87
    I like how you refer to him simply as "criminal" LOL

Posted 9th Jun 2013 at 08:47
    daveyboy

aka Jim Davey

Post #88
    Criminals are hot!

R H Davey Welding Supplies. I sell new and used welding equipment in the Hampshire area. I take on welding jobs in the evenings, ally casting repairs are one of my specialities but I can weld pretty much anything. PM me with your requirements.

Some of my services: (See my for sale threads)
    Engine mount/chassis repair
    Solid Beam Mounts BACK IN PRODUCTION
    Harness bars
    Posted 9th Jun 2013 at 08:55
    daver6

Seasoned Pro

Post #89
    ian7675 wrote:
    I like how you refer to him simply as "criminal" LOL

+1 LOL

True though, if we didn't need to keep space in our prisons for the BNP and EDL, I'd suggest locking speeders up!

Red Rallye - Rolling "restoration"

Wishbone Polybushes available
    Posted 9th Jun 2013 at 09:31
    Chris28190

Senior User

Post #90
    ian7675 wrote:
    Because everyone thinks they're experts at criminal law and frantically search Google for any piece of evidence that they're correct. Actually that's no reason to ban the threads, it's quite funny when people are proved wrong after being so confident in what they were saying LOL

Haha love it.

Cherry Rallye '99 - Sold
    Posted 9th Jun 2013 at 10:29
    maybe

Regular

Post #91
    Surely the best thing to do is take it like a man.

I'm sure your like everyone else to much denial, speed a lot and get away with it a lot! Use your mobile a lot and get away with it a lot!

So the now you've been caught it might slow you down for a bit but you got caught 1/100,000 times you've broken the law whilst driving.

Grow some balls, pay your fine and take the points.

Now get out the middle lane, I'm trying to speed here!
    Posted 9th Jun 2013 at 10:36
    ash j

Regular

Post #92
    Niall wrote:
    Just pay up and take it on the chin. Regardless of wether you think they were w**kers for being there at the time, you and only you was in the wrong. You took the risk of speeding and you got caught. Accept it. The police have every right to stop anywhere they like with a mobile gun so you always have to be on the look out!

Hardly 'took the risk of speeding' did I? Wasn't exactly intending on speeding, didn't drop it a cog and nail it past them. I was just cruising after work dropping somebody home, talking to them, not realising I was doing 44mph. Very comfortable speed, nobody in danger, and I shouldn't have to be constantly on the look out at 11.30pm at night. If I'm constantly looking out for somebody, then that itself could be considered dangerous.

I am more than big enough to accept that I was travelling above 30 and that can't be changed as it's the law. Police officers just use the law. What's wrong with me looking into any legislation that they or the constabulary might not have adhered too? If I have to stick to 30 at 11.30 at night with no traffic on the road, then they must also always adhere to legislation to send out tickets in so many days, too calibrate their equipment etc etc.

It seems that on this occasion, since he warned me at the side of the road, the 14 day prosecution notice doesn't apply. Ok, that's fine, I'll pay the fine, take the points, lesson learnt. But I don't need a load of people
    bashing keys behind keyboards telling to f**king paying it and keep your chin up.

On another note, it would never stand in court trying to argue that 'there wasn't sufficient signage'..... if you used that principle then unmarked cars wouldn't be allowed to roam the roads and nick people for speeding.
    Posted 9th Jun 2013 at 17:41
    bigbadbowen

Seasoned Pro

Post #93
    Dude chek with driver protect online and get in contact they may be able to help ? You will prob have to join but well worth the monthly fee

Www.driverprotect.co.uk
    Posted 9th Jun 2013 at 17:49
    welshpug!

Capt Pedantic

Post #94
    how do you not realise you are doing 50% of the speed limit faster?! if your awareness is that poor you shouldn't be driving!

need a part number? get on here - http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com

Bring on the Trumpets.

Posted 9th Jun 2013 at 18:06
    owain

Seasoned Pro

Post #95
    ash j wrote:
    I was just cruising after work dropping somebody home, talking to them, not realising I was doing 44mph.

So what you're saying is that you should have been prosecuted for driving without due care and attention as well?

ash j wrote:
    Very comfortable speed, nobody in danger, and I shouldn't have to be constantly on the look out at 11.30pm at night.

I'm sorry I wasn't going to rise to this, but you stupid ignorant prick. You say that nobody was in danger, yet you also "didn't notice" you were 50% over the speed limit. That's like not noticing you're doing 105 on a motorway. How can you possibly say that no-one was in danger when you're not even aware of your speed?

It's people like you who nearly knock me off my bike at least once a week. Looking at phones, talking to mates, going far too fast, being just plain dangerous. Last week a good friend of mine lost one of his best friends to someone like you - he was walking home and got hit by a car and instantly killed. No warning, no illness, just left his house one evening and never came back. Young lad, talented musician, and the girl who hit him has been arrested for dangerous driving.

Don't you dare try and say that no-one was in danger, nothing annoys me more than when they try and say that when they've been speeding. Say you f**ked up, say you weren't concentrating, say whatever, but don't try and make out it's okay because no-one was about - how can you be sure when you don't even have a clue what speed you're going? How do you know there's not someone about to walk out of a side road, or pull out of their driveway on a bike?

ash j wrote:
    If I'm constantly looking out for somebody, then that itself could be considered dangerous.

I don't even know what to say to that, this makes so little sense it barely justifies a response.

Speeding isn't okay just because you were in a high gear. There's nothing at all with checking the law, I have no problem with people doing that, I'm sure I'd do the same. What p**ses me off is people who are so worried about getting out of a £60 fine but don't even consider that they're lucky they didn't kill someone and try to justify why it's okay to speed because it's dark.

Posted 9th Jun 2013 at 18:37
    beez_neez_gt

Seasoned Pro

Post #96
    Being aware of all dangers is part of being a driver, should be second nature.

Pug fee`ver,

Pick a Bogey, buy a Pug.

Black 306 GTI 6 Standard, was 60k mileage, bargain!!

Clicky: [url =http://www.306gti6.com]click here[/url] remove the space between [url & =
    Posted 9th Jun 2013 at 18:46
    Puggie

Regular

Post #97
    beez_neez_gt wrote:
    Being aware of all dangers is part of being a driver, should be second nature.

Bingo

i was always told when learning to drive. to forget about the car its only an extension of yourself and you need to keep 4-5 steps ahead of all the other assholes ( i.e cocks that speed in 30 zones Thumbs up )

I also lost a good friend about 7 years ago because of some tosser doing 45mph in a 30 limit poor bas**rd didn't stand a chance. SPEED KILLS ( not the white powder kind )

I think your a total tosser to just man the f**k up pay the fine learn a lesson.
    Posted 9th Jun 2013 at 19:09
    rich306

Seasoned Pro

Post #98
    Why did i have a feeling this was going to be a sore subject to question on a forum?

One question though Owain:

Are you stating you don't speed... ever?

Richies Project Rallye

Electrical work carried out in Portsmouth

jamiek_uk2000 wrote:
    You'll need to throw money at the car. Not on parts. Just stand near your car and throw loose change at it, I find this increases performance for a short period of time
    - Top Tip!!!
    Posted 9th Jun 2013 at 20:25
    ian7675

Techno Viking

Post #99
    I don't speed in 30 limits. In fact I don't really speed at all any more except on motorways where most people do. I had an eye opener not so long ago when some lunatic pulled straight out in front of me on a quiet country road when it was dark. That should never have happened because it was late, dark and deserted but it did happen. Concentration should be 100% at all times and the older I get the more aware of this I become.

Posted 9th Jun 2013 at 20:31
    owain

Seasoned Pro

Post #100
    rich306 wrote:
    Are you stating you don't speed... ever?

Not never clearly, we all make mistakes or go a bit over, but genuinely these days I'm far more sensible then when I was younger, because that's what being an adult is meant to be about, and I've seen, heard of or known too many people injured or killed by people speeding. I won't go over 80 on the clock on motorways and I do stick to 30mph limits. Yes I might sneak up to 35 or so by accident, but I sure as hell don't go 45 in 30s.

30 limits are the one that p**s me off most, because they're residential areas, schools, parks, town centres, basically places where people are likely to be and they have a right to be safe.

People doing 50 in a 40, less of an issue for me. 90 on a motorway, I couldn't care less. It's only the people speeding in 30s that really p**s me off, and yes I can say hand on heart that I would never go 45 through one, no matter how dark it was.

Posted 9th Jun 2013 at 20:31

Pages (6): first .. 3 [4] 5 .. last