displaying posts 1 to 6 of 6

Author Subject: Itb filter choices
blandy

Seasoned Pro

Post #1
After a bit of technical know how about filter set ups on jenvey bodies. Now I've actually got some room I fancy fitting a bigger/better filter as I got the smallest single filter possible originally as it was either that or the socks or nothing due to such tight space not allowing me to fit anything else.

Basically I've got the longer inlet manifold and 90mm trumpets and am happy with how they performed on the rollers as made good figures imo so want to stay with the set up I have but as with the bodies is there anything I need to bear in mind when choosing filters etc i.e is there a optimum size of the filter or optimum size between the bodies and filter etc?
Posted 26th May 2013 at 21:00
coskev

Seasoned Pro

Post #2
Only thing I've seen mentioned is minimum distance from filter to trumpet, 20mm iircThumbs up

I can't see any gain in a bigger filter aslong as yours has got atleast the minimum distance to trumpet Wink

Red GTB1756 powered Fabia VRS daily driver,LBSC Gti6 eater........

Mac1 ZR R1 kit car build in progress.
Posted 26th May 2013 at 23:09
blandy

Seasoned Pro

Post #3
Thats great thanks I had heard something like 19mm from trumpet to filter and tbh I don't think I've got quite that with my current set up so will get a deeper filter at least. I also noticed on piper cross site that they are rated for different bhp levels dependant on filter depth etc.

Do the enclosed set ups add anything as some seem to say it will aid performance etc but a lot of people still run open trumpets for best performance? I won't run open but just trying to get around what's best for performance
Posted 27th May 2013 at 19:52
welshpug!

Capt Pedantic

Post #4
you could just get a deeper backplate.

need a part number? get on here - http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com

Bring on the Trumpets.

Posted 27th May 2013 at 21:04
blandy

Seasoned Pro

Post #5
Be easier to change filter though as gotta drill out the back plate lol + mines the dished plate not the flat one so didn't know they did a deeper option as was only offered the one back plate but a shallow and deep filter at time and only the shallow one would fit

Posted 27th May 2013 at 21:11
coskev

Seasoned Pro

Post #6
If you went to an enclosed set-up you would need to make sure the sizes could flow enough air for your power.Yes
The main benefit of the enclosed set-up is for people with poor air flow to the ITB's,as you can pipe the intake right to the front of the car so you get less heat soak/more direct air into ITB's.

Your rad/front panel set-up lets plenty of air in now direct to the filter!Cool

Red GTB1756 powered Fabia VRS daily driver,LBSC Gti6 eater........

Mac1 ZR R1 kit car build in progress.
Posted 28th May 2013 at 09:45