displaying posts 1 to 7 of 7

Author Subject: Throttle bodies with aircon?
karoshi

Junior User

Post #1
Is this possible?
I know from looking at it it would be pretty close, the filter may do it in but as the owner of a car coming to the end of mods before itb's or sc I always wonder when something like this comes up for sale.

http://www.306gti6.com/forum/showthread.php?id=154945

I've had a search but can't find any reference to anyone trying it with or without success.

P.s. I know I'm wasting power running aircon, but the car is a daily in Australia so it's nessecary.

Cheers
Bill

Cheers
Bill
Posted 15th May 2013 at 11:20
fordygti

Seasoned Pro

Post #2
It's possible if you.don't run the filter with back plate., ie. Run individual sock filters or none atall.

With the large filter ajd back plate ull need to remove aircon and relocate the pas pump.

98 onyx black 306 Rallye
53 Nissan Primastar silver (work horse)
58 black Volvo c30 sport
Posted 15th May 2013 at 11:26
dangti6

aka JKshooter

Post #3
As you've found commonly people remove the PS pump and put it where the air con pump is.

An alternative would be to remove the PS pump and fit electric PS from the 106/Saxo over in the battery area

• Senior Test Automation Engineer for the 306GTi6 Owners Club Forum Wizard

• Posted 15th May 2013 at 11:26
    welshpug!

Capt Pedantic

Post #4
    Do not run socks, they sap power and can be sucked in, which is very bad obviously.

if you have a long inlet fabricated then you may still be able to fit a backplate in due to it being able to use quite a shallow item which would sit a lot further down the engine bay towards the back of the rad than the typical off the shelf Jenvey manifold, bike bodies can be used to build a very good manifold like this as they are more compact.

Also as Dan mentioned you could relocate the PAS pump by using an electric pump, this has been done by a few guys running the supercharger kits that also wanted to retain aircon.

need a part number? get on here - http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com

Bring on the Trumpets.

Posted 15th May 2013 at 11:41
    karoshi

Junior User

Post #5
    Cool!
    Upshot is get Satchell inlet to give myself the best chance, maybe have to juggle aircon/pas and maybe fabricate custom filtration.

Socks were already out. Heard those stories.

Cheers everyone! You guys really are a pretty impressive collective. I had been wondering about that for a while, had googled and searched a few times and you're onto it within an hour. Great stuff, and now it's up there for someone else who is wondering.

Bill

Cheers
    Bill
    Posted 15th May 2013 at 12:23
    blandy

Seasoned Pro

Post #6
    Still struggle to fit a back plate with the longer manifold I've got no aircon and ps relocated but with the long inlet you can just about squeeze the backplate then a shallow filter in there
    Posted 15th May 2013 at 17:26
    blandy

Seasoned Pro

Post #7
    This is mine with the satchel inlet. Bit if a rubbish pic but gives a idea of how tight things are in there and that's the thinnest pipercross filter they did

Posted 15th May 2013 at 17:48