displaying posts 1 to 6 of 6

Author Subject: Import gti 6 central locking problems
6waysforward

Seasoned Pro

Post #1
Ok so after buying my 4th gti 6 a couple of years ago i soon discovered that it was possibly an imported car as it has no alarm from standard.

It keeps unlocking it's self and i can not figure it out.

If i leave it for a few days without driving it, it unlocks but the battery is fine. Starts straight away.

Its been doing it quite alot over the last few weeks. Sometimes when i lock it, it unlocks instantly. After 2 attempts it then locks.

I had my door looms apart yesterday and they seem fine and i am sure the door card is not causing it.

I found a central locking faq on here yesterday and was going to bypass the auto unlock on the c/l ecu but my car does not have one. It was mentioned that it could be under the drivers seat but after taking out the seat and carpet, its not under there.

I locked it yesterday and kept checking it all night. Was still locked this morning but when i got in from work, it was unlocked again. Bar leaving the door cards off for a few day's and rebuilding the door looms, what else can i do??

Was thinking of taking the c/l fuse out and manually locking it for now but i have a ph3 with no boot lock Sad

***Breaking*** Ph3 Silver GTI 6 High Boost Superman

Posted 29th Apr 2013 at 17:44
JWP EFi

Turbo Legend!

Post #2
check the wiring between drivers door and body. very common for wires to break and cause issues such as yours
Posted 30th Apr 2013 at 07:44
oecken

Seasoned Pro

Post #3
As above, i know you said you checked the looms but this was exactly the same in my old pug, only did it once in a blue moon, then eventually all the time. Happened to lock me out with the engine running before LOL

Sad Ex-Black 6 Ninja - Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary... That's what gets you.
Posted 30th Apr 2013 at 08:43
stan_306gti6 Forum Admin

Post #4
Yep, I'm in agreement here. Almost definitely the driver's door loom breaking up. Sad

"Supercharged - 454.1bhp/317.5lb/ft"
Peugeot 306 GTi-6
2000 (X), Moonstone Love
Posted 30th Apr 2013 at 09:22
rikky 🦔

Post #5
my 306 hdi (W reg hdi dturbo) has no alarm from standard either which i found most odd

306 rallye reproduction decals (full sets/individual decals) | 306 b-pillar textured vinyl weatherstrips
306 slam panel esso stickers | 306 yellow / orange / pension fund red side door badges
gti6 inlet manifold badges | 306 rear boot badges (p2/p3)
winner of Extraction of toys from prams with outstanding vigour award 2009 [source: gti6 owners club]
Posted 30th Apr 2013 at 09:34
6waysforward

Seasoned Pro

Post #6
Ha ha, you are all wrong. It was the passenger door loom. Has corrosion on the plug. I f**king hope its that as i am not far from torching the f**ker if it does it again. Oh and i removed the door pins but this did not help.

Rikky the w reg ones seems to be mostly imports. Carls chambers had a silver import w reg to.

***Breaking*** Ph3 Silver GTI 6 High Boost Superman

Posted 15th May 2013 at 01:30