2001 Peugeot 406 SE manual

• 3000cc
  • Blue
  • 138,000 miles

• No tax
  • No MOT
  • Some service history
  • Cambelt changed: Aug 2011

Modifications: Powerflow stainless system with rear de-cat K&N and modified airbox JBL938s and a Nico modded headunit. Sounds great!

displaying posts 1 to 7 of 7

Author Subject: 2001 Peugeot 406 SE manual
adam b

Seasoned Pro

Post #1
For Sale my 2001 406 Coupe V6 SE manual (5 speed) in gorgeous Polaris blue

MOT - September
Tax - June

Cambelt has been done. I can't currently find it in the history but its written on the cover (2011) and it does not look 12 years old. Neither do the tensioners or water pump.

SE spec so full leather, power seats, mirrors, windows, ABS/ESP. Standard fit GPS with working remote control
Folding rear seats and a huge boot - very practical for a coupe. Wider and longer than the estate boot!

I have owned the car since September last year and its been great. No issues, although I have spent a fair bit of money replacing things I felt needed doing.
The car has a few mild modifications to de-restrict the engine, the rear 2x cats have been removed (easily passes emissions test with front 2), cat back Powerflow system (stainless, twin box), larger cold air feed into the airbox and a K&N panel filter. It has great pickup, goes very well indeed but still manages good mpg. 38 at 60mph, 25 around town. I average 28 but I spend most of my time driving into Cheltenham in traffic.

In my ownership it has had:

6x Peugeot sparkplugs (with a new inlet gasket), Peugeot filters (inc pollen), Total gearbox oil, Total Quartz 9k fully synth engine oil
Front discs and pads (Peugeot so no squeal)
Rear drop links
Top drivers side engine mount
Gearbox shaft oil seals
VSS Speed sensor
New rear Bilstein B4 dampers
New front Peugeot dampers
Xsara mist washer jets
Rear 6x9 are now JBL 938 GTO
"Nico mod" on the Clarion headunit to make it sound completely amazing with the standard JBL system - see the 406 coupe club forum for details
Any redundant codes deleted - no BSI problems etc. ESP has been recalibrated so it works.
Comes with 3x spare coilpacks and a replacement airbox if you don't fancy the modified one.
4x 205/55 R16 Michelin Pilot Sport 3 tyres. Loads of life left and just superb in every sense - the best tyre for these cars.

Few things need sorting:

Front bumper is cracked from a car park incident just after I bought it. This has also knocked out the headlight washers. They aren't high intensity headlights so aren't compulsory.
Aircon needs a re-gas. Pump clutch engages, BSI clicks but no cold air.
Drivers seat clip broken (see photo)
Heated seats are broken (very common on 406s)
Slight weep off the rear cam cover - so slight i've not had to top up the oil since September (7k miles)
Has the common coupe V6 210BHp pre-cat fault. Please read up about it on the 406 coupe club forum, it seems to be a software bug that can't be fixed. The car easily passes its emissions (even without the rear cats), drives really well and the fault clears for about 1000 miles using Peugeot Planet. Then comes back, telling you on the dash display. EML is not on. I'm not going to clear the code before I sell so it won't be a surprise.
Alarm doesn't work on either key - not really looked into this as I always lock it from the door lock.

I have tried to be as honest about this as I can. Its a really great car, goes well and handles like a proper Peugeot - the tail will come out if you turn off the ESP. It has great flow down B roads and dismisses bumps like nothing i've ever driven.
Has been a great family car and is fine if you have two children. We took it to Toulouse with them in the back and all assorted luggage. We are moving on to a T4 camper conversion (god help us).

Located just north of Cheltenham, Gloucestershire.

Thanks
Adam

PS did I mention its a lot quicker than a standard 6 and better on fuel?LOL

adam b has attached the following image:

Nothing to see here
Posted 23rd Jun 2013 at 20:39
adam b

Seasoned Pro

Post #2

Nothing to see here
Posted 29th Apr 2013 at 16:57
playboyb

Seasoned Pro

Post #3
Your selling up? Good luck fella

306 1.8 xs moonstone blue-SOLD
306 gti6 supercharged china blue-SOLD
406 coupe D9 3.0 V6-SOLD

Posted 29th Apr 2013 at 17:05
adam b

Seasoned Pro

Post #4
Yeah, time for something different! I have the track car so that's my quick car if I need a blast.
Loved this though. Really great car. Such a good all round car and it sounds immense. Get that exhaust done Thumbs up

Nothing to see here
Posted 29th Apr 2013 at 17:37
playboyb

Seasoned Pro

Post #5
Mines for sale too mate, moving out and only gonna have one space

306 1.8 xs moonstone blue-SOLD
306 gti6 supercharged china blue-SOLD
406 coupe D9 3.0 V6-SOLD

Posted 29th Apr 2013 at 17:41
adam b

Seasoned Pro