displaying posts 1 to 1 of 1

Author Subject: TPS multi meter testing results
lewisdmz

Senior User

Post #1
I have been having a few small issues with my 6 and after reading something on another forum I unplugged the TPS and it seems to drive much better, the throttle response is sharper and I'm not getting the harsh engine braking when coming off the throttle in slow moving traffic.

So, not wanting to shell out on a new TPS until I knew it was at fault I got stuck in with a multi meter and the sensor testing FAQ.

The voltage seems to be changing smoothly with the movement of the TPS as it should, but the values are way off? According to Autodata it should change between 0.2V at closed throttle and 5V at WOT. Unless I'm being a complete retard (which is quite likely) mine only seems to be like 2.3 - 5.9mV? I don't understand why it would seem to be working as it should but only like 1000 times as weak?

Video of testing here

Tested the supply voltage on both live vs ground pins on the multiplug and live pin vs ground on the gearbox and it's on 4.99V so all good.

I assume there can't be a problem with the ground if the supply voltage is coming through fine?

Which means my TPS is just under reading massively by the looks of things? Any ideas?
Posted 28th Apr 2013 at 18:47