displaying posts 1 to 3 of 3

Author Subject: Phase 1 GTI-6 A/C retrofitting to a ph1 S16
Kale

Post #1
Does anyone have any experience on doing such a thing? I already own some stuff ripped from a torn down ph1 GTI-6: full dashboard with all the electrics including the headlining lamp piece with the temperature sensor (with wiring), all the pipes from the engine bay including compressor and the cooling matrix from the front, the whole front car piece with fans and electrics. Everything removed with the thought of retrofitting it to another car.

I found the compressor wiring plug tucked neatly under the intake manifold so that should do the trick there. Haven't trial fitted the ac pipes to the engine bay, is there something that won't fit, do I need to get the engine bay ac piping from a S16?

Thanks Thumbs up

I will keep you posted when doing the retrofit.

306 S16 "Peugeot Sport GrpN" '94, 405 Mi16 "OEM+" '89, 605 SV24 "Executive Express" '91
Posted 17th Apr 2013 at 14:59
welshpug!

Capt Pedantic

Post #2
easier to use the gti6 shell and leave all the a/c stuff in that.

need a part number? get on here - http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com

Bring on the Trumpets.

Posted 17th Apr 2013 at 15:03
Kale

Post #3
Maybe, but when the car has everything else already done then what's the point of changing shells. I am a car enthuasist and I do these kind of things, it's not like I'm using my car everyday - it's just a hobby to me. I'll shed some light on my car soon here..

So back to the thread Big grin

306 S16 "Peugeot Sport GrpN" '94, 405 Mi16 "OEM+" '89, 605 SV24 "Executive Express" '91
Posted 17th Apr 2013 at 15:09