displaying posts 51 to 59 of 59

Pages (3): 1 2 [3]

Author Subject: From the brink to the track
fordygti

Seasoned Pro

Post #51
I has g88s and the ferredo ds2000 pads and they still squealed like a b**ch, half the reason a hanged to the Renault sport calipers, and cos they tear your face off. LOL

98 onyx black 306 Rallye
53 Nissan Primastar silver (work horse)
58 black Volvo c30 sport
Posted 20th Jun 2013 at 13:49
jamiek_uk2000

Seasoned Pro

Post #52
Long time actually sorting out the thing but it's on the road! Only two advisories on the MOT and that was surface rust to subframe and surface rust to brake master cylinder.

The Brembo's don't make a sound, in fact I clean forgot that I had changed the brakes until I pressed them down and nearly gave myself whiplash. I was putting copper grease on everything like I was spreading peanut butter on toast.

I took the car for a spin upto Bristol and back, in the sun it was awesome, the A048's are immense, the grip is insane and I'm yet to find the point they give. In the wet though...... s**te, do not use these tyres if there is standing water, you will instantly die. I had to drive at 50MPH all the way so I'll be hunting for some more wheels to chuck a set of road tyres on to stop that sort of problem.

The road noise/bumpiness isn't as bad as I thought it would be, I think it may be a life of driving s**t vans with tools falling all over the shop over the time so I'm used to the noise and it's a smoother drive than the works transit I had the other day. I'm not using it on the road much, so the gains on the track will be more than worth it. Looking to do my first track day at Llandow on the 14th of September, cannot wait!!!

I'm having the bonnet and wing resprayed next month, so it doesn't look like a total shed and then I've got buckets to go in and I'll be caging it next year. I'm sure I can find some money to high boost it next year LOL

205 GTi Red - G939 RTU - Died!
306 GTi 6 Diablo - Being resurrected! Project Thread

Looking for:
VTS P1 Rack
PR1.2 16"
Posted 17th Aug 2013 at 17:53
clen666

Seasoned Pro

Post #53
Good stuff Thumbs up

Team 'unintentional rat look'
Posted 17th Aug 2013 at 18:35
roland rat

Yeeeah Rat fans!

Post #54
jamiek_uk2000 wrote:

I'm having the bonnet and wing resprayed next month, so it doesn't look like a total shed and then I've got buckets to go in and I'll be caging it next year. I'm sure I can find some money to high boost it next year LOL

Find say 3k and it could be this year Whistle
Posted 23rd Aug 2013 at 15:01
mik

Seasoned Pro

Post #55
Looking good. Had the welding done yet?

Cherry Rallye SOLD

Posted 7th Oct 2013 at 20:44
jamiek_uk2000

Seasoned Pro

Post #56
Yeah I had that patched over, I've crammed the sills full of cavity wax but I'm yet to give the sills the treatment that the rear has had. Its having paint at the minute now, sorting out the bonnet, front wing new lacquer to the rear wing after some dodgy work in its past and some new hockey sticks.

I'm working in London at the moment and will be until the end of November so I can't work on the car but I'm paying to have work done that I wouldn't do myself. I've got a spare engine that I'm going to start preping for charging in the new year, just ran a thread wondering what is worth changing whilst its out.

I think I'm going to just keep working on it now to get it ready for next years track season.

If it wasn't for the money I had spent this weekend I would be charged already. Friday I booked a stag to new York, Saturday I booked the Abu Dhabi grand Prix and Sunday I got Glastonbury festival tickets. Good weekend but f**king expensive!

Looking for:
VTS P1 Rack
PR1.2 16"
Posted 7th Oct 2013 at 21:04
jamiek_uk2000

Seasoned Pro

Post #57
Not been up to too much, been working in London for the past few months but I've just received my PR1.2s in the post so I've managed to get my 330mm brembo kitvon and I've nearly pulled my face off breaking. Awesome. I've got an oil cooler and I've bought so bits to start rebuilding my spare engine. Plus so new bits for the suspension to go on. Need some nice weather as my garage is too full to work in

Looking for:
VTS P1 Rack
PR1.2 16"
Posted 25th Jan 2014 at 16:34
jamiek_uk2000

Seasoned Pro

Post #58

Looking for:
VTS P1 Rack
PR1.2 16"
Posted 25th Jan 2014 at 16:35
jamiek_uk2000

Seasoned Pro

Post #59
Did my first track day ever today in this machine, its a epic and nobody could believe how fast it was. Once I get the new arb and torsion bars it'll be insane handling. Plus some slicks.

Oh and a charger Smile

Looking for:
VTS P1 Rack
PR1.2 16"
Posted 12th Apr 2014 at 15:46

Pages (3): 1 2 [3]