displaying posts 1 to 5 of 5

Author Subject: AirBag Question
calibra306

Seasoned Pro

Post #1
Im making a start on getting the Pug mint using a car in same colour but its a phase 3 mine is a phase 2.

I had to swap speedos over as fuel gauge was not reading correct and noticed on removal the airbag light had been removed and never even noticed it not coming on lol

So fitting new speedo caused air bag error to flash.

On inspection being a phase 2 it does not have an air bag on off switch in the dipping beam panel to the right.

There is the block behind with foam wrapped round as if never used and the fuse panel underneath the steering wheel has no relay in the plug with same wires that the air on off switch i guess would use (next to 2 purple relays then a brown blank plug and then a brown blank plug) not sure if either need a relay inserting but currently there both empty.

The seats have no air bags but wiring looms are under the seats (i do have some with airbags to go in) would them not being plugged to anything cause a fault?

Removing the top glove box there is also an air bag wire there also? Would that also cause a fault?

Any advise be great

V6 Power!

Faster I can go the better!

Its not what you drive, its how you drive that wins the race!
Posted 14th Apr 2013 at 02:43
stan_306gti6 Forum Admin

Post #2
Yes, the system needs to have the seat airbags and passenger airbag plugged in, otherwise it will show up faults. Yes

"Supercharged - 454.1bhp/317.5lb/ft"
Peugeot 306 GTi-6
2000 (X), Moonstone Love
Posted 14th Apr 2013 at 07:37
mik

Seasoned Pro

Post #3
Cars without seat airbags still have seatbelt pretensioners that also plug in under the seats, if these are unplugged or not making a good connection the airbag light will flash.

Depending on what you have done to the car, the flashing might not be due to the p3 parts. The likely scenario is that the airbag light was removed from the p2 cluster as it was flashing, but the problem causing it was not fixed as the person who did it found it easier to bodge it instead of fixing it. Replacing the speedo has just restored the light which is flashing as the original problem is still there. If the car still has the airbags it had originally then the problem could be the pretensioner plugs.

Cherry Rallye SOLD

Posted 14th Apr 2013 at 11:37
calibra306

Seasoned Pro

Post #4
Yeah all that make sence. The thing that confused me most was the passenger air bag.

The phase 2 dash is different so an air bag from the phase 3 would not fit but it has a plug there for it so surely that would throw a fault? Oh or not cause there is no on/switch or relay for that set up installed for the passengers airbag

V6 Power!

Posted 14th Apr 2013 at 15:10
calibra306

Seasoned Pro

Post #5
Just one of those things ive come across as im working on the inside of the car!

As usual ya do a job and its like opening a can of worms lol

I will just have to see what happens once ive removed the seats and refitted the others on completion of the new heater matrix going in.

V6 Power!

Posted 14th Apr 2013 at 15:16