displaying posts 1 to 10 of 10

Author Subject: R1 bodies
DJR

Post #1
Looking into getting TBs an a mate said r1 carbs will be ok. Anybody running this set up?

gti6 for sale
3 dturbos
1 rallye
1 xsi
Posted 1st Apr 2013 at 23:25
stan_306gti6 Forum Admin

Post #2
I'm not sure off the top of my head. Lately, a popular option seems to be GSXR1000 throttle bodies, but I don't think I've heard of anyone using bike carbs. No

"Supercharged - 454.1bhp/317.5lb/ft"
Peugeot 306 GTi-6
2000 (X), Moonstone Love
Posted 1st Apr 2013 at 23:44
DJR

Post #3
Think he ment bike tbs to be honest. Wot would the the difference between then an jenvys?

gti6 for sale
3 dturbos
1 rallye
1 xsi
Posted 2nd Apr 2013 at 00:00
welshpug!

Capt Pedantic

Post #4
Its all in the manifold, but having the right bodies helps, gsxr are good for 220 on a tu5j4, i think i have seen 240 on a 2.2 xu

need a part number? get on here - http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com

Bring on the Trumpets.

Posted 2nd Apr 2013 at 00:07
DJR

Post #5
Wild u have to get a new ecu or just remap standard one? Wot else would be needed?

gti6 for sale
3 dturbos
1 rallye
1 xsi
Posted 2nd Apr 2013 at 00:12
welshpug!

Capt Pedantic

Post #6
Please drop the txt speak.

Yes you will need an aftermarket ecu like a dta s40 or omex 600

Bring on the Trumpets.

Posted 2nd Apr 2013 at 00:15
peugeot96

Regular

Post #7
DJR wrote:
Wild u have to get a new ecu or just remap standard one? Wot else would be needed?

You can remap the std. ecu but its much better with a DTA/Omex. lm running a remaped ecu in my s16 with bodies, but will be changed with a DTAs40 very soon.
Posted 2nd Apr 2013 at 21:14
daveyboy

aka Jim Davey

Post #8
DJR wrote:
Think he ment bike tbs to be honest. Wot would the the difference between then an jenveys?

Difference in the main is that Jenveys bolt straight on and work reliably, bike bodies need mounting, setting up and plenty of buggering around to make a throttle linkage that's reliable.

R H Davey Welding Supplies. I sell new and used welding equipment in the Hampshire area. I take on welding jobs in the evenings, ally casting repairs are one of my specialities but I can weld pretty much anything. PM me with your requirements.

Some of my services: (See my for sale threads)
Engine mount/chassis repair
Solid Beam Mounts BACK IN PRODUCTION
Harness bars
Posted 5th Apr 2013 at 09:34
welshpug!

Capt Pedantic

Post #9
you don't need a linkage Dave, just fit a quadrant and bracket off colin, no w**ky linkages.

setting up takes no more than jenveys, Jenveys need a fair bit of buggering about with the balancing to get right even with new ones, bike bodies take less time as they are far superior quality being an o.e manufactured item, as long as you have the mounting system sorted it wont take long.

with jenveys you don't need a linkage either, just use the direct pull version and make an outer cable stop.

Bring on the Trumpets.

Posted 5th Apr 2013 at 09:52
daveyboy

aka Jim Davey

Post #10
welshpug! wrote:
you don't need a linkage Dave, just fit a quadrant and bracket off colin, no w**ky linkages.

setting up takes no more than jenveys, Jenveys need a fair bit of buggering about with the balancing to get right even with new ones, bike bodies take less time as they are far superior quality being an o.e manufactured item, as long as you have the mounting system sorted it wont take long.

with jenveys you don't need a linkage either, just use the direct pull version and make an outer cable stop.

I know how to do that, you know how to do that, but we are hands on people. Plenty of ropey bike body installations would suggest there are people out there who aren't that handy. All I'm saying is the Jenvey stuff bolts together like Meccano and works easy.

Incidentally I found balancing a little fiddly the very first time I tried but if you have one of those carb balancing air flow meters its easy as pie (I did it by listening with a hose pipe in each pair of trumpets first time around ans was close, but the meter made it spot on)

R H Davey Welding Supplies. I sell new and used welding equipment in the Hampshire area. I take on welding jobs in the evenings, ally casting repairs are one of my specialities but I can weld pretty much anything. PM me with your requirements.

Some of my services: (See my for sale threads)
Engine mount/chassis repair
Solid Beam Mounts BACK IN PRODUCTION
Harness bars
Posted 5th Apr 2013 at 13:16