displaying posts 1 to 3 of 3

Author Subject: Amp Wire Gauge?
mellowr1

Senior User

Post #1
Morning ladiesSmile

Can anyone tell me which Gauge wire i should be using for the live & earth of my amp? I have a Kenwood KAC-9104D Amp which will be powering my Kenwood KFC-W3011 Sub.
I used to have this amp powering 2 of those subs but dont want to be dragging all that weight around.The cable i used to use on this is quite thick but has no marking on it and im sure its not the correct gaugeDunno

Any advice appreciated taThumbs up
Posted 1st Apr 2013 at 12:03
osm2121

Regular

Post #2
In the details of your Amp, says the máx current consumption is 55 Amps, but anyway, check on your Amp, the fuses it has, there should be 2 fuses, add them and check on this table what cable you need:

For example, if you have 60Amps on fuses, and you´ll be using 4mts of cable, you´ll need a 4 gauge cable.
And the Earth wire, always has to be the same or thicker than the power wire. Thumbs up
Posted 27th Jul 2013 at 23:15
webster

Seasoned Pro

Post #3
4 should be fine.

cress87 wrote:
I'm stopped for speeding on a daily basis but now the police are aware that I live for the 306 they dare not interfere, just sit in their cars quaking as I drive past.
Posted 30th Jul 2013 at 20:47