displaying posts 1 to 9 of 9

Author Subject: Creative/Talented Person...
stu

Seasoned Pro

Post #1
Evening all,

Does anyone know of anywhere that will make a custom/one off gauge holder to my own requirements? Or is there anyone on here who can do such a thing?

Basically, what I am after is a gauge holder for my Megane to take an Oil Temperature gauge.

I know exactly where I want to put it, and I know it's possible as someone else has done it. But they are proving to be very difficult to get hold of.

This is where I want the gauge to go -

I've got a spare speedo hood to modify, I just haven't got the talent to do it myself.

So, if anyone is up for the challenge then could you either reply here or send me a PM. Obviously, I will cover all the material costs and will also pay you for your time and effort.

I have posted this on the Megane forum too, but it's not as active compared to here.

Cheers.
Posted 29th Mar 2013 at 18:21
coskev

Seasoned Pro

Post #2
Autoflock does stuff like thisThumbs up

http://www.autoflock.co.uk/

Red GTB1756 powered Fabia VRS daily driver,LBSC Gti6 eater........

Mac1 ZR R1 kit car build in progress.
Posted 29th Mar 2013 at 18:25
smegal

Seasoned Pro

Post #3
Is that for a scangauge?

If you get anywhere, please can you let me know.

Ex SC-6

Now in a Megane R26
Posted 29th Mar 2013 at 18:39
rikky 🦔

Post #4
for the gauge, i know someone. they made an oil temp gauge for my track car at dimensions i specified. he was called Matin Zadehkoochak - click here for his LCD stuff site

306 rallye reproduction decals (full sets/individual decals) | 306 b-pillar textured vinyl weatherstrips
306 slam panel esso stickers | 306 yellow / orange / pension fund red side door badges
gti6 inlet manifold badges | 306 rear boot badges (p2/p3)
winner of Extraction of toys from prams with outstanding vigour award 2009 [source: gti6 owners club]
Posted 29th Mar 2013 at 18:41
stu

Seasoned Pro

Post #5
Cheers Rikky, it is a ZadaTech gauge that I will be using. Matin has been very helpful. Yes

I was going to use a Scangauge, but it doesn't do Oil Temperature. So going to just get a dedicated Oil Temp. gauge instead.

coskev wrote:

I know they do flocking, but would they modify the speedo hood too, to fit the gauge?

That's what I need at the moment, someone to actually modify the speedo hood so that the gauge fits. I can sort out the finish of it later.
Posted 29th Mar 2013 at 19:00
smegal

Seasoned Pro

Post #6
Are the speedo covers unique to the RS megane? It looks like you could reasonably easily butcher one then get it flocked or covered in alcantara once it is finished. I may nip to my local scrappy and see if they have any, but they won't be off an RS.

Ex SC-6

Now in a Megane R26
Posted 29th Mar 2013 at 19:22
stu

Seasoned Pro

Post #7
Yeh, the finish isn't important at the moment. Just want to get the gauge fitted into the hood. Will probably get it flocked eventually, but not too worried for now.

AFAIK they are all the same, well I can't see any difference between the one fitted at the moment and the one I got off eBay.

Going to have a look at taking it apart tomorrow and see how I get on.

I was just trying to find if there was a company that offered this kind of service, as I only have access to basic tools and stuff at the moment.
Posted 29th Mar 2013 at 19:40
coskev

Seasoned Pro

Post #8
stu wrote:
Cheers Rikky, it is a ZadaTech gauge that I will be using. Matin has been very helpful. Yes

I was going to use a Scangauge, but it doesn't do Oil Temperature. So going to just get a dedicated Oil Temp. gauge instead.

coskev wrote:

I know they do flocking, but would they modify the speedo hood too, to fit the gauge?

That's what I need at the moment, someone to actually modify the speedo hood so that the gauge fits. I can sort out the finish of it later.

Yeah he does gauge pods, dash mods, door cards whateverThumbs up

Red GTB1756 powered Fabia VRS daily driver,LBSC Gti6 eater........

Mac1 ZR R1 kit car build in progress.
Posted 29th Mar 2013 at 21:36
stu

Seasoned Pro

Post #9
coskev wrote:
Yeah he does gauge pods, dash mods, door cards whateverThumbs up

Nice one, will get in touch with them and see what they say.
Posted 29th Mar 2013 at 21:51