displaying posts 1 to 12 of 12

Author Subject: fan bits
grumpychef

The Rib Man

Post #1
ive got total fan failure so i think i need some relays and a new bitron unit or some one to pop round with some tools and knowhow to help me out. ive got a big drive now!

Formally team BLAZE now Team bianca recuperating from multiple organ failure nicely!
items replaced so far, clutch, cambelt etc, radiator, exhaust, most of front running gear, wish bones, drop links, ball joints, track rod ends, bearings, brakes, calipers, discs, and pads, brake lines, front springs, brake balance compensator thingy, hand brake cable, throttle cable (twice), coil pack, door handle, windscreen, wipers, head lamps several sensors and bulbs Dry .rear beam new throttle cable, new battery. .......... yeah man, team money pit! but shes still rollin!

Posted 21st Mar 2013 at 21:19
thugpuggin

Seasoned Pro

Post #2
From when we were in the pub the other week, I've got a rallye set, single relay iirc. However the popping round with some tools is likely to be full frontal nudity. It will be loom that's f**ked I reckon.

Black X Reg PIII.VGTi 6 A4212 pt 1 A4212 pt 2 Searching the streets of Bristol for 1.36p/day.

Joint Kent Leader

Posted 21st Mar 2013 at 22:10
adam b

Seasoned Pro

Post #3
I will have a twin setup that works if its any use - will be in Bristol on sunday, but won't have time to fit it

Nothing to see here
Posted 21st Mar 2013 at 23:05
thugpuggin

Seasoned Pro

Post #4
adam b wrote:
I will have a twin setup that works if its any use - will be in Bristol on sunday, but won't have time to fit it

Downs, James and bum fun? Chris lives a few miles south outside the city boundary btw.

Black X Reg PIII.VGTi 6 A4212 pt 1 A4212 pt 2 Searching the streets of Bristol for 1.36p/day.

Joint Kent Leader

Posted 21st Mar 2013 at 23:18
grumpychef

The Rib Man

Post #5
adam b wrote:

i may be able to meet to collect depending on time i have the kids this w/e ill pm you my number.

Formally team BLAZE now Team bianca recuperating from multiple organ failure nicely!
items replaced so far, clutch, cambelt etc, radiator, exhaust, most of front running gear, wish bones, drop links, ball joints, track rod ends, bearings, brakes, calipers, discs, and pads, brake lines, front springs, brake balance compensator thingy, hand brake cable, throttle cable (twice), coil pack, door handle, windscreen, wipers, head lamps several sensors and bulbs Dry .rear beam new throttle cable, new battery. .......... yeah man, team money pit! but shes still rollin!

Posted 23rd Mar 2013 at 18:50
adam b

Seasoned Pro

Post #6
PM sent.
Can't get them for tomorrow now i'm afraid..

Nothing to see here
Posted 23rd Mar 2013 at 18:54
grumpychef

The Rib Man

Post #7
i havnt investigated yet as have no meters or tools to access them all i know is that they do not work and the car starts to overheat quite quickly in heavy traffic.

Posted 23rd Mar 2013 at 18:57
thugpuggin

Seasoned Pro

Post #8
For a quick test I've a brown sensor we can swap and at least one usable relay for another.

Joint Kent Leader

Posted 23rd Mar 2013 at 19:02
grumpychef

The Rib Man

Post #9
cheers jon ill give you a call and see if we cant get together and have a looksee?

Posted 24th Mar 2013 at 12:35
grumpychef

The Rib Man

Post #10
i have to ressurect this... now the weather is warming up so is the car i have booked it in to garage but if i can get some bits ... relays whole working fan i dont know? jon i will call you today! also if anyone can do my clutch over the bank holiday w/e that would be a bonus too? LOL

Posted 29th Apr 2013 at 13:45
dangti6

aka JKshooter

Post #11
I've a fan unit and relays/Bitrons here if you find you need something replacing.

• Senior Test Automation Engineer for the 306GTi6 Owners Club Forum Wizard

• Posted 29th Apr 2013 at 13:50
    roland rat

Yeeeah Rat fans!

Post #12
    grumpychef wrote:
    Also if anyone can do my clutch over the bank holiday w/e that would be a bonus too? LOL

Don't look at me! LOL
    Posted 29th Apr 2013 at 15:59