displaying posts 1 to 5 of 5

Author Subject: Worn clutch?
matt16v

Regular

Post #1
Hi everyone, just got my first '6 this morning, dead happy overall.

I knew when buying it the clutch was a bit heavy but I've never felt a clutch that had so little feel to it. The biting point is a guessing game as there's no real feedback through the pedal. My 1.6 Meridian was heavy too but didn't have this problem. The '6 has done 108k, is it time for a new clutch?

Also, unrelated and wrong section but the throttle pedal seems to have about an inch of upward travel and seems quite loose, is this normal or is something amiss here too?

Matt

1999 Astor Grey GTi-6 OEM+
Posted 19th Mar 2013 at 17:06
buzzbrightyear

Seasoned Pro

Post #2
matt16v wrote:
Hi everyone, just got my first '6 this morning, dead happy overall.

I knew when buying it the clutch was a bit heavy but I've never felt a clutch that had so little feel to it. The biting point is a guessing game as there's no real feedback through the pedal. My 1.6 Meridian was heavy too but didn't have this problem. The '6 has done 108k, is it time for a new clutch?

Also, unrelated and wrong section but the throttle pedal seems to have about an inch of upward travel and seems quite loose, is this normal or is something amiss here too?

Matt

Sounds like the fluffer valve is f**ked

andrew315rawson@live.co.uk
Moonstone phase 7 gti6
My Project thread: http://www.306gti6.com/forum/showthread.php?id=119992&page=1
Posted 19th Mar 2013 at 17:53
stan_306gti6 Forum Admin

Post #3
Hi,

It sounds like the auto-adjuster in the clutch cable has dried out and is getting a bit seized. A new cable will sort it for a short while, but to be honest at that mileage, I'd suggest fitting a clutch too. Yes

As for the throttle pedal, do you mean when your foot is off the pedal completely that you can lift the pedal an inch from it's correct resting place? Dunno

"Supercharged - 454.1bhp/317.5lb/ft"
Peugeot 306 GTi-6
2000 (X), Moonstone Love
Posted 19th Mar 2013 at 18:43
matt16v

Regular

Post #4
stan_306gti6 wrote:
Hi,

It sounds like the auto-adjuster in the clutch cable has dried out and is getting a bit seized. A new cable will sort it for a short while, but to be honest at that mileage, I'd suggest fitting a clutch too. Yes

As for the throttle pedal, do you mean when your foot is off the pedal completely that you can lift the pedal an inch from it's correct resting place? Dunno

Hi Stan, thanks for that, will get the clutch & cable done at some point.

Yeah that's exactly what I mean with the throttle pedal. Seems to work fine, haven't had any problems but doesn't feel all that solid underfoot. It may just be me being a pansy girl about it. Whistle

Posted 19th Mar 2013 at 21:31
matt16v

Regular

Post #5
Yes have decided I was just being a pansy girl coming from a nice rubbery ph3 pedal in the Meridian haha.

Posted 1st Apr 2013 at 23:51