displaying posts 1 to 6 of 6

Author Subject: Lambda
blacky

Junior User

Post #1
Just fitted a scorpion cat back today and a new fire ring at the manifold but whilst underneath i noticed my lambda wasnt plugged in from the connecter end,i mounted all the exhaust back up and tightened everything back up but couldnt locate where the clip from the lambda goes,ive done a search and see people say its just behind the battery box but it started p**sing it down so came in for a brew,anyway my question is,my car is running spot on,doesnt miss a beat touch wood so is there any need to plug the lambda up and what are the bonuses of doin soThumbs up
Posted 17th Mar 2013 at 16:36
footah212

Senior User

Post #2
blacky wrote:
Just fitted a scorpion cat back today and a new fire ring at the manifold but whilst underneath i noticed my lambda wasnt plugged in from the connecter end,i mounted all the exhaust back up and tightened everything back up but couldnt locate where the clip from the lambda goes,ive done a search and see people say its just behind the battery box but it started p**sing it down so came in for a brew,anyway my question is,my car is running spot on,doesnt miss a beat touch wood so is there any need to plug the lambda up and what are the bonuses of doin soThumbs up

Does it run rich? I'm no expert but it should be running rich if lambda not plugged in. Fairly sure it would fail an mot without it plugged in due to the exhaust emissions.

Phase 2 Blaze GTi6

PS3 - Black Ops 2

Engine crane for hire Renfrewshire
Posted 17th Mar 2013 at 19:23
blacky

Junior User

Post #3
I think it probabily is bud although i cant smell a strong smell of fumes but it does seem a little heavy on juice if that has anything to do with it,think the easy solution is just to re connect which im gunna do
Posted 17th Mar 2013 at 19:34
stan_306gti6 Forum Admin

Post #4
I suspect the lambda is faulty and the previous owner unplugged it to get the car running properly. By unplugging the sensor, the ECU reverts to it's base map which runs a little rich as a precaution.

You should have a working lambda plugged in as your car is most likely burning too much fuel and also if you have a CAT fitted then it will have a shorter lifespan as it is getting intoxicated with excess fuel.

I suspect when you plug it back in the car will have running issues, so if this happens then you're best off replacing the sensor. Thumbs up

"Supercharged - 454.1bhp/317.5lb/ft"
Peugeot 306 GTi-6
2000 (X), Moonstone Love
Posted 17th Mar 2013 at 20:15
blacky

Junior User

Post #5
Cheers stan,the lambda looks fairly new by the looks of things but ill not count that as working so when i plug it back in if i have any running issues i know its down to the lambda and ill get a new one on there
Posted 17th Mar 2013 at 21:18
stan_306gti6 Forum Admin

Post #6
No problem. If you do end up going down the route of getting a new one, buy a Bosch one as the genuine lambda from Pug is a Bosch one in a Peugeot box and will cost over double the price of buying the same thing from a Bosch dealer.

"Supercharged - 454.1bhp/317.5lb/ft"
Peugeot 306 GTi-6
2000 (X), Moonstone Love
Posted 18th Mar 2013 at 09:22