displaying posts 1 to 4 of 4

Author Subject: How to change EVAP?
nadine

Senior User

Post #1
So after doing some searches about why my fuel guage tells me I have a full tank of petrol even though I've done 440 miles. I've to the conclusion the EVAP has gone, I can't find a how to guide on this, can anyone help? Also the amount of air that comes out the fuel tank thru the filler when I open it is unreal, will the faulty EVAP cause this?
Posted 9th Mar 2013 at 23:25
bigbadbowen

Seasoned Pro

Post #2
What's an evap ?
Posted 9th Mar 2013 at 23:46
dan_s16

Seasoned Pro

Post #3
its the solenoid that allows the engine to pull the petrol vapours from the fuel tank. problem is when the solenoid fails it allows the engine to pull all of the air out of the fuel tank, hence the dodgy fuel gauge reading and hissing sound when you open the fuel filler.

The solenoid is brown and iirc on the gti6 is in front of the engine mount on the drivers side wing. there used to be a picture of it about in one of the threads but no idea if its still there.

When I've got time I forget what I wanted to do, and when I remember what I wanted to do, I have no time!
Posted 10th Mar 2013 at 02:44
stan_306gti6 Forum Admin

Post #4
Easy enough to change, only a couple of pipes and a plug. Yes

"Supercharged - 454.1bhp/317.5lb/ft"
Peugeot 306 GTi-6
2000 (X), Moonstone Love
Posted 10th Mar 2013 at 10:26