2000 Nissan 200SX S14a

• 0cc
  • Black
  • 178 miles

• No tax
  • No MOT
  • Full service history
  • Cambelt changed: Unknown

Modifications: Apex uprated WMIC Walbro fuel pump Apex induction kit Apex turbo elbow Apex 3" stainless exhaust and front-pipe Apex 'sensible' twin-exit silencer Apex hi-flow catalyst Ball-bearing version of the standard turbo - I think this was GT28R Bren device NGK BKR7s Stage 1a chip from H-dev Apex turbo oil and water pipes, Samco boost hoses HIDS

displaying posts 1 to 10 of 10

Author Subject: 2000 Nissan 200SX S14a
peetypug

Seasoned Pro

Post #1
A very good friend is selling his one owner (him) from new 200sx if anybody is interested
Here's his advert from another forum

After many years of fond ownership I think I've had my money's worth with this car and my wife has convinced me it's time to get something newer especially as my job is changing and I may need to appear to be spending my car allowance on something a bit newer. I'm putting a deposit down on a 350z softtop this afternoon!!

In the last few months of production (Oct 2000) Nissan gave a large discount to improve their end-of-quarter sales, so for the first (and probably only) time I bought a new car - a s14a touring manual in black. I've put all the miles on it since then, so I know it's had no bumps or dents.
For a good few years I ran it as standard, covering high mileage in each of the 1st 3 years (30k p.a.). After that my job changed to mostly work-from-home so mileage dropped massively and it's clocking up between 5 and 10k a year - current total is around 178 thousand, all mine ! It is my regular daily drive, although I often don't go anywhere during the week other than into town a couple of times. Occasional longer journey's of 100 to 200 miles round trips. It once went to Germany and did booze-cruise duty with about 12 cases of wine crammed in. It hasn't been on track, I have a bike for that kind of fun.

At around 7 years on, I bumped into someone from the club who got me interested in tuning possibilities, but I didn't initially do anything until the original silencer started blowing and I found I could get the full s/steel 3" replacement for less than the price of a Nissan box. So I looked on here and saw the kind of mod's most people did, then over a couple of years I had a bunch of work done, mostly by a highly recommended guy called Pip and his mates at WGT in Middlewich, Cheshire.

Hopefully this list is complete
Apex uprated WMIC
Walbro fuel pump
Apex induction kit
Apex turbo elbow
Apex 3" stainless exhaust and front-pipe
Apex 'sensible' twin-exit silencer
Apex hi-flow catalyst
Ball-bearing version of the standard turbo - I think this was GT28R
Bren device
NGK BKR7s
Stage 1a chip from H-dev
Apex turbo oil and water pipes, Samco boost hoses
HIDS

Then I had a set of Tein coil-overs fitted, a 2nd-hand set of calipers went on after that when mine seized.

It's an incredibly reliable beast of a car, 270bhp is good enough for me (although the 350Z is a 300 model), but the torque curve is fantastic - the ball-bearing turbo was probably unnecessary but I put it on as I figured the turbo is the part most likely to go if I kept the original with higher power, and it seemed to make sense to put one in at the same time as the other work. But it's claimed to spin up earlier, and certainly my power comes in stronger at 2500 than previously.

The only downside obviously is the high mileage and the fact I left it too late to get it waxoyled - I did this in May 2011, but the wheelarches had already started to go. I tried to sand/rustproof/primer/spray the visible patches last year but clearly didn't do a good enough job so you can see some primer where the paint came off as I pulled the masking tape off. It's now bubbling through again so needs someone better at that than I to sort it. Some rust patches near the coil mounts as well - this needs someone who is prepared to get some welding done at some point if you expect to run it for many more years (which I hope will be the case). Hopefully that wouldn't cost too much or someone may be able to tackle it themsleves - not me.

The only other thing to fix immediately is one of the Tein shocks has leaked so it was an advisory on the MOT In Oct and is starting to make a noise. Teins are re-buildable but I didn't want the hassle of being without the car and haven't looked for a 2nd hand set of original shocks to swap whilst they are refurbed. I could get this sorted but the excitement of a new car has taken over so I am putting it up initially as a bargain way of getting into s14a ownership for someone prepared to do a little work.

I'm not sure what to ask for a car like this and would appreciate any thoughts. I will get some pictures up as soon as I've had a chance to wash it.

Offers around £2,000 would be taken seriously.

Cherry rallye - DOB Thursday 29/04/1999
Team Rallye - the leaner, meaner, better looking sister of the GTI6 Big grin
roland rat wrote:
You sir either live for the 6 or have a mental retardation to still be repairing this!

The best engine in the world is the vagina, it takes any size piston, its self lubricating, starts with 1 finger, and every 4 weeks does its own oil change. It's just a pity the management system is so fecking temperamental. 
Posted 19th Feb 2013 at 00:13
arigti6

Seasoned Pro

Post #2
Seems like a good price. I'd be interested if I could handle the power LOL

I Live for the 306 Ninja

TEAM CHERRY PINK RALLYE
2008 BMW ///M 320d
Posted 19th Feb 2013 at 07:17
peetypug

Seasoned Pro

Post #3
If this had come up for sale 18 months ago I'd be on the jap forums now.
It's not mint, but it's 100% genuine

roland rat wrote:
You sir either live for the 6 or have a mental retardation to still be repairing this!

The best engine in the world is the vagina, it takes any size piston, its self lubricating, starts with 1 finger, and every 4 weeks does its own oil change. It's just a pity the management system is so fecking temperamental. 
Posted 19th Feb 2013 at 07:50
peetypug

Seasoned Pro

Post #4
Has LSD standard I believe.
It has a cam chain so no cambelt issues
History was Nissan for about 7 or 8 yrs, then local garage as dealer prices weren't worth it.
T&T till Oct

roland rat wrote:

Posted 19th Feb 2013 at 09:03
jimmyrallye

Seasoned Pro

Post #5
Hi any pics of it

"Police arrested two kids yesterday, one was drinking battery acid, the other was eating fireworks. They charged one and let the other one off."
Posted 19th Feb 2013 at 18:22
peetypug

Seasoned Pro

Post #6
His photo bucket pics http://s1273.beta.photobucket.com/user/ian9r/library/200sx

roland rat wrote:

Posted 19th Feb 2013 at 18:29
eliotrw

Seasoned Pro

Post #7
I'd buy it for s**ts and giggles if i had the spare dollar.

Ex- Phase 3 China GTi-6 T-Reg
Posted 19th Feb 2013 at 18:38
peetypug

Seasoned Pro

Post #8
Usually these go for about £3000 in this spec, but needs it gone so he won't go much less than £2000

roland rat wrote:

Posted 19th Feb 2013 at 18:47
peetypug

Seasoned Pro

Post #9
Sold
Not to me though Sad

roland rat wrote:

Posted 28th Feb 2013 at 22:10
samslow

Regular

Post #10
these are great cars so easy to get the back out too!
drift tax has really pushed price up on anything rwd these days

Diablo Gti6 ph 2 98
Posted 1st Mar 2013 at 09:30