displaying posts 51 to 75 of 83

Pages (4): first .. 2 [3] 4

Author Subject: Rev hesitation probelms!
beez_neez_gt

Seasoned Pro

Post #51
Ok, yes and fitted ptfe gasket with two OE inlet gaskets on either side to help make it last a very long time.

Im about to do these tests now before my shift starts.

Pug fee`ver,

Pick a Bogey, buy a Pug.

Black 306 GTI 6 Standard, was 60k mileage, bargain!!

Clicky: [url =http://www.306gti6.com]click here[/url] remove the space between [url & =
Posted 22nd Feb 2013 at 09:34
ed_doe

Regular

Post #52
What did you torque the inlet mani bolts up to? Might well be a small leak going on what you're saying.

Seriously worth getting the old map sensor checked. Do you know anyone in your area with a pug planet. They seriously are invaluable when diagnosing issues on these!! I'm about to buy one myself, having had to borrow a mates for a while to sort mine!!

'97 Black Dturbo 110,000miles: SOLD
'99 Ph3 Diablo Gti6 108k RIP
'93 106 1.5n/a d: daily hack YAAAAAWN
'00 Ph3 Astor GTi6 117k Love
Posted 22nd Feb 2013 at 09:40
beez_neez_gt

Seasoned Pro

Post #53
Yes i know someone that can and will get it all checked when its mot time. Yes i torqued it up correctly and as how the haynes manual says too.

Pug fee`ver,

Pick a Bogey, buy a Pug.

Clicky: [url =http://www.306gti6.com]click here[/url] remove the space between [url & =
Posted 22nd Feb 2013 at 09:42
beez_neez_gt

Seasoned Pro

Post #54
Well i sprayed for air leaks and appears to be none and used another tps and its still the same. However i pushed the resonator up to the inlet hard and when reving hard to test it the resonator was moving forwards and backwards slightly ???

Maybe the rubber seal in the resonator isnt seated properly ?

Im just going to get it fully tested now and get on with the rest of what needs finishing for now, unless i get some answers to other possible reasons.

EDIT, oh and btw, on the grey tps plug on video, it has one large fitment section at top but the tps that came with the engine has one large and one thin on next to it, the plus is different to plug. Does anyone have any ideas why, as its a bit difficult to put the plug onto the tps but it does fit ??

Does the VTS tps has two sliding bits on it or just one large one like what the grey plug has ?

Do the 306 6 gti6's have the same sort of plug at all bar the colouring ?

Pug fee`ver,

Pick a Bogey, buy a Pug.

Posted 22nd Feb 2013 at 10:03
coskev

Seasoned Pro

Post #55
beez_neez_gt wrote:
Thing is though we are talking about standard cars with light fly not ITB fitted??

Post 10 in the thread above does not mention ITB'sDunno

Red GTB1756 powered Fabia VRS daily driver,LBSC Gti6 eater........

Mac1 ZR R1 kit car build in progress.
Posted 22nd Feb 2013 at 15:51
beez_neez_gt

Seasoned Pro

Post #56
Soz i didnt check that link earlier, £400 OMG that is a little rich just for a lightened flywheel.

So chip wizards would have to take ECU apart then?

Did you check my video; does it sound, act similar to your car coskev?

EDIT - ill give my other ECU try and see how it is.

Pug fee`ver,

Pick a Bogey, buy a Pug.

Posted 22nd Feb 2013 at 17:11
coskev

Seasoned Pro

Post #57
Will look at vid when home connected to wireless.

My car starts/idles/revs spot on at a standstill, its only when driving under 2000rpm with light/part throttle you feel it.worse when cold.

Yeah the ecu's need opening up to chip/remap them.chipwizards attach a cable with a plug on the end so they can remap the ecu then without opening it up.hence the high priceSmile

Other places that chip these ecus will write a remapped chip, then if it needs adjusting afterwards they would need to open ecu and remove chip to rewrite itThumbs down

Red GTB1756 powered Fabia VRS daily driver,LBSC Gti6 eater........

Mac1 ZR R1 kit car build in progress.
Posted 22nd Feb 2013 at 18:46
beez_neez_gt

Seasoned Pro

Post #58
Ok thanks coskev, it can only be the flywheel, although when revving up slowly mine doesn't have any problems at all, not even any backfiring, i guess each engine is slightly different. The video might be better to hear it with headphones as its a little noisy, my hearing finds it hard to distinguish between different sounds which may be why i cant hear any air leaks if there are any, which i doubt.

Once i test drive it over the weekend, ill update the thread on how it goes, dependant on how the busy weekend goes.

Pug fee`ver,

Pick a Bogey, buy a Pug.

Posted 22nd Feb 2013 at 19:15
bigbadbowen

Seasoned Pro

Post #59
beez_neez_gt wrote:
Well i sprayed for air leaks and appears to be none and used another tps and its still the same. However i pushed the resonator up to the inlet hard and when reving hard to test it the resonator was moving forwards and backwards slightly ???

Maybe the rubber seal in the resonator isnt seated properly ?

Im just going to get it fully tested now and get on with the rest of what needs finishing for now, unless i get some answers to other possible reasons.

EDIT, oh and btw, on the grey tps plug on video, it has one large fitment section at top but the tps that came with the engine has one large and one thin on next to it, the plus is different to plug. Does anyone have any ideas why, as its a bit difficult to put the plug onto the tps but it does fit ??

Does the VTS tps has two sliding bits on it or just one large one like what the grey plug has ?

Do the 306 6 gti6's have the same sort of plug at all bar the colouring ?

You need to run all standard pug sensors bud if the tps is different on the vts engine then change it for a gti6 version
Posted 22nd Feb 2013 at 21:58
24seven

Seasoned Pro

Post #60
Did you try revving it with the TPS disconnected? The TPS and MAP work together as a load sensor on the engine - the use of both allows for changes in things like temperature or atmospheric pressure to be taken into account. The problem you're having there definitely looks like a load sensing error, or even similar to a sludgy/slow to respond ICV which, since you've changed, is unlikely to be the problem.

Try revving it again with the TPS connected, and try also with the speedo sensor unplugged as well - sounds random, but this lets the engine know if the car is stationary and I can't remember the full details, but it has an effect on the operation of the ICV (try resetting the ecu and putting your foot on the clutch while driving along and you'll see what I mean).

[edit] In fact, looking at that again and reading what I just wrote, that definitely looks very much like a failing TPS. Try changing that next.

Ph1 306 GTi 6 | RX8 231 S1 | YBR 125 Cafe Racer | MT-03 660
Posted 22nd Feb 2013 at 22:15
beez_neez_gt

Seasoned Pro

Post #61
Yes changed the OE Bosch tps that came with the engine to an OE Bosch GTI 6 one.

In the video i did as the revs were going down after unplugging tps try to rev it up but it cut out with a blip of revs. The video does seem to not be inline with the sound as it looks like i rev it after it cuts out. Ill try again tomorrow to rev it when plug is out, both start up with it out and then out with engine running. Ill unplug speedo sensor too while im there.

Did anyone hear the popping sound?

At the start if the video i did a few turns of the throttle slowly and its fine, i then started doing it quickly and it starts doing what im trying to sort out.

Pug fee`ver,

Pick a Bogey, buy a Pug.

Posted 22nd Feb 2013 at 23:29
24seven

Seasoned Pro

Post #62
It could be a loom issue relating to those sensors then. Looking at that picture I'd still definitely consider replacing the plug for the MAP sensor, but then if Miles has seen it in person and it looks fine it probably is. If you can get an unlocked ECU to try on there, see if that changes anything. There are only so many sensors on the car, if you're running out of different ones to try then it must be something else.

Ph1 306 GTi 6 | RX8 231 S1 | YBR 125 Cafe Racer | MT-03 660
Posted 22nd Feb 2013 at 23:37
bigbadbowen

Seasoned Pro

Post #63
Got both earths on the gear box attached correctly ? Tried unplugging the power steering sensor ?

Posted 22nd Feb 2013 at 23:42
beez_neez_gt

Seasoned Pro

Post #64
Yeah Miles did the whole loom and labled all the plugs, ill try swapping the white map plug with the tps plug and see if it fits. Idle isnt perfect but they never are really and does seem to be up and down very little amount, to being around 800-900-1000 ish, its mostly different everytime when engine is warm, but mostly at around the 900 mark.

Pug fee`ver,

Pick a Bogey, buy a Pug.

Posted 22nd Feb 2013 at 23:43
beez_neez_gt

Seasoned Pro

Post #65
Power steering isnt on this car but plug is there in case i ever decide to fit one. Yes earths are all new and good but ill check them over as i did paint gbox and may have paint in the way. Battery loom is all brand new thick proper type from vwp.

Pug fee`ver,

Pick a Bogey, buy a Pug.

Posted 22nd Feb 2013 at 23:48
bigbadbowen

Seasoned Pro

Post #66
beez_neez_gt wrote:
Yeah Miles did the whole loom and labled all the plugs, ill try swapping the white map plug with the tps plug and see if it fits. Idle isnt perfect but they never are really and does seem to be up and down very little amount, to being around 800-900-1000 ish, its mostly different everytime when engine is warm, but mostly at around the 900 mark.

That's not what I asked bud ? Are BOTH earths attached to the gear box ? Sounds like a bad earth to me ? Double check you have BOTH earths othe gear box attached correctly ? Easily missed when changing engines ? 1 is battery earth fairly obvious the other is 2 earth wires that attach to the gear box just above the battery earth (separate earths)

Posted 22nd Feb 2013 at 23:55
beez_neez_gt

Seasoned Pro

Post #67
Yes i seen your post after i posted that one, i then did another post to answer your query, yes earths are all connected up.

Well i bet you any money the white plug that is for the tps sensors on 6's was labled incorrectly and its been fitted to map sensor and vice versa, OMG i think that is the answer. Miss labling is an easy mistake to make and since its a VTS loom the plugs can be another colour to 6 plugs etc, which can be part of the problem. This is why unplugging the grey plug currently plugged to the tps sensor makes it cut out but funny how engine still works LOL

Pug fee`ver,

Pick a Bogey, buy a Pug.

Posted 23rd Feb 2013 at 00:10
beez_neez_gt

Seasoned Pro

Post #68
WOW she works after just swapping plugs over, she purrs like a kitten and is soon to roar on the roads like a Lion again.

All it was is a simple label on the wrong plug, im surprised no one picked it up earlier on. That dont matter, but what matters is she now works as she should and whats more she works fine with lightened flywheel too which is a bonus.

Note to oneself, always make sure the plugs notches match the sensor, i wondered why both were a little bit stiff to put on and now i know, phew such a simple fix and so happy now its sorted Big grin !!!!!

(ps, i had to stay awake and try it out now, i couldn't wait once i figured out what it could be)

Pug fee`ver,

Pick a Bogey, buy a Pug.

Posted 23rd Feb 2013 at 01:38
bigbadbowen

Seasoned Pro

Post #69
beez_neez_gt wrote:
Yes i seen your post after i posted that one, i then did another post to answer your query, yes earths are all connected up.

Well i bet you any money the white plug that is for the tps sensors on 6's was labled incorrectly and its been fitted to map sensor and vice versa, OMG i think that is the answer. Miss labling is an easy mistake to make and since its a VTS loom the plugs can be another colour to 6 plugs etc, which can be part of the problem. This is why unplugging the grey plug currently plugged to the tps sensor makes it cut out but funny how engine still works LOL

So your running a vts loom in a gti6 ? I suggest you change that to a Gti 6 loom and remove the ptfe inlet gasket to elimate any air leaks at the manifold ?

It defo sounds like a wirring issue to me ? Your 100% sure you have both the earth wires connected to the gear box other than the battery earth ? Also check the earths on the chassis under the battery tray ?

Posted 23rd Feb 2013 at 01:40
beez_neez_gt

Seasoned Pro

Post #70
Please read recent post, its a 205 with VTS engine loom converted by Miles.

Thanks again everyone that has put the time and effort in to help sort this issue out, a lot of whats been said has opened my eyes to possible problems i may get in future with this car and my 6.

Pug fee`ver,

Pick a Bogey, buy a Pug.

Posted 23rd Feb 2013 at 01:42
bigbadbowen

Seasoned Pro

Post #71
beez_neez_gt wrote:
Please read recent post, its a 205 with VTS engine loom converted by Miles.

Ah I see my bad bud . Glad you worked it out Yes

Guess you have learnt if the plug don't fit easily then it's not the correct plug LOL

Smile Thumbs up
Posted 23rd Feb 2013 at 01:48
beez_neez_gt

Seasoned Pro

Post #72
Yeah cool, its always the slimplist things that get you, if it was a 6 loom i would have spotted it sooner by cross checking my 306 6 engine but as its VTS i figured the plugs might be different colour etc.

Lesson learned the hard way i guess LOL

Pug fee`ver,

Pick a Bogey, buy a Pug.

Posted 23rd Feb 2013 at 01:54
bigbadbowen

Seasoned Pro

Post #73
beez_neez_gt wrote:
Yeah cool, its always the slimplist things that get you, if it was a 6 loom i would have spotted it sooner by cross checking my 306 6 engine but as its VTS i figured the plugs might be different colour etc.

Lesson learned the hard way i guess LOL

Yup never mix a Citroen with a Peugeot No
Posted 23rd Feb 2013 at 04:36
welshpug!

Capt Pedantic

Post #74
bo***cks Laugh my ass off

its the same part number, plug colours will be the same, if it doesn't fit its the wrong part, or wrong plug, or you're doing it wrong

same part as a v6.

s16 part is half the price and still works, fit the same etc.

need a part number? get on here - http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com

Bring on the Trumpets.

Posted 23rd Feb 2013 at 07:56
beez_neez_gt

Seasoned Pro

Post #75
Yep i know that now, plugs fitted but were just a little stiff but slipped on fine.

I posted a picture of the map plug being white and no one mentioned it but hey ho its sorted now. Its easy to assume plugs might be slightly different when the loom itself is known to be different to the 6 loom.

Pug fee`ver,

Pick a Bogey, buy a Pug.

Posted 23rd Feb 2013 at 08:13

Pages (4): first .. 2 [3] 4