displaying posts 1 to 4 of 4

Author Subject: Ecu swapping
ashbash

Junior User

Post #1
I have ecu and engine wireing loom with a dasteck chip attached from my old 6.

Question is if I put onto my 6 I have now would be able to put it straight on or would
The ecu lock up.
Posted 14th Feb 2013 at 11:26
rich306

Seasoned Pro

Post #2
As long as the ECU, Immobiliser and key chip are from the same car, it shouldn't lock up.

Richies Project Rallye

Electrical work carried out in Portsmouth

jamiek_uk2000 wrote:
You'll need to throw money at the car. Not on parts. Just stand near your car and throw loose change at it, I find this increases performance for a short period of time
- Top Tip!!!
Posted 14th Feb 2013 at 17:30
ashbash

Junior User

Post #3
Cheers for the advice, good job I kept every thing off the old oneSmile
Posted 14th Feb 2013 at 17:46
Rich E Forum Admin

Post #4
A Dastek just alters the sensor readings and outputs to/from the ECU so it shouldn't even touch the immobiliser.

As long as both cars were either phase 2 or phase 3 you can just swap the ECU looms over and use the existing ECU. Some sensors might need changing though, as the plugs changed between the phase 2 and 3 looms.

This should also work if both cars were phase 1's, but if one was a phase 1 and the other a phase 2 / 3 you'll probably need to take the Dastek wiring off the old loom and put it on the new one as there are a few differences between phase 1 and 2 / 3 looms.

Rich
Posted 14th Feb 2013 at 22:50