displaying posts 1 to 3 of 3

Author Subject: Wiper speeds
Rix13

Regular

Post #1
Got a little problem with wipers which is kinda doing my head in. Done a bit of stripping on my 6 (becoming track slag) and had dash out etc and taken wiper sensor off too. At the moment it does do anything when its on the auto setting (expected), normal speed is fine but high speed doesnt work. they also dont self correct and go back to the bottom. been through the wiring, fuses, realys and nothing has changed. Any ideas?

www.eastcoastmodified.org

E46 318i tourer SE - Dog Car/Work horse
306 Gti - Track Project
Posted 27th Jan 2013 at 17:39
jamiek_uk2000

Seasoned Pro

Post #2
Could well be the motor itself, they are notorious for packing in as where they sit clogs up with s**t and eventually the motor does what the hell it wants, mine would do the same with not returning on normal speed (just go up once) but full speed was fine, with no intermitant. As soon as there was a drop of rain my wipers had to go 110mph or I couldn't see!

205 GTi Red - G939 RTU - Died!
306 GTi 6 Diablo - Being resurrected! Project Thread

Looking for:
VTS P1 Rack
PR1.2 16"
Posted 30th Jan 2013 at 23:24
meoldchina

Regular

Post #3
Mine stuttered loudly back when on auto. Cleaning the motor has 95% of the time, solved it
Posted 30th Jan 2013 at 23:29