displaying posts 26 to 30 of 30

Pages (2): 1 [2]

Author Subject: Pros/cons mazda rx8
7057sam

Seasoned Pro

Post #26
My mate had the 230 bhp one.had a lil race and stayed the same distance behind him to about 110-120.also a friend at work bought one and said it was a nihtmare as he only did short journey s to and from work an to the shop.he said you have to drive round for a certain time before you turn it off and you can't just drive somewhere an stop and get out you have to sit they and rev it to stop the build up of carbon in the rotars or something, also you have to redline it a good few times in a journey to stop the carbon build up, heard it was bad mpg aswell.

Rallye build: 11 November 1998 - a Wednesday
Team rallye,built for track
----Click this if you like rallyes

Rallye dead Sad
Secret Team Astor...
Posted 25th Jan 2013 at 08:06
phillipm

Seasoned Pro

Post #27
If anyone wants to buy one with a fooked engine cheap, I've a completely rebuilt motor sat here looking all shiny waiting for a home Whistle

- Bespoke rollcages/additions/adjustments. Half cages right up to complete custom spaceframes - MSA/FIA spec, CDS, ROPT, T45, etc - PM me
Email me!
Custom-made polybushes available - need an odd size or fitment? - anything from batch work to one-off pieces.
Posted 27th Jan 2013 at 00:09
funkymonk

Regular

Post #28
How much you looking for Phil? Have a friend whose engine just seized!

There are only 10 kinds of people in this world, those that understand binary and those that don't...
Posted 27th Jan 2013 at 23:18
phillipm

Seasoned Pro

Post #29
Has he got a series one or series two car/engine?

The motor I have is setup to fit a S1 but has the uprated housings with 3 oil injectors from the S2 so you can fit extra oil injectors to reduce wear if you wish (Or just leave a blanking bolt there in the middle one).
Saying that, I also have the sump/pumps/oil system and parts to change it over to fit an S2 if needed.

I've also got one of these for easier starting/much less chance of flooding going spare too, it's brand spanking:

Super Duty Starter Motor

- Bespoke rollcages/additions/adjustments. Half cages right up to complete custom spaceframes - MSA/FIA spec, CDS, ROPT, T45, etc - PM me
Email me!
Custom-made polybushes available - need an odd size or fitment? - anything from batch work to one-off pieces.
Posted 28th Jan 2013 at 00:14
monty-69

Senior User

Post #30
Last few years i did work for a used car sales dealer and nearly every rx8 had bad staring issues due to engine wear. Most had full service history with around 50000 miles. Uprated Plugs ,leads , coils didnt make a fart of a difference. Too high maintance costs, poor mpg, real world performance. Maybe they go better with delivery miles or lots of money wasted on them Thumbs down
Posted 28th Jan 2013 at 13:06

Pages (2): 1 [2]