displaying posts 1 to 22 of 22

Author Subject: The Replacement.
rich306.

Regular

Post #1
So I brought home the new car about a week ago. Fancied a change from the 306, although I do plan to have another one in the future SC'd, but until then here's my new toy Smile

Only driven it a couple of times due to the weather being not too great by me and as it is also quite the step up in the terms of power that I have been used too, I'd rather not stack it in the snow right away Roll eyes

As for any Fast and Furious fan out there, sorry to disappoint but there will be no underglow neons or tanks of nos etc etc going anywhere near this car Wink LOL

Plans are just to give it a tidy up here and there, overall the condition is really good, just needs a little attention in places. Engine will need a rebuild during my ownership so I've already started saving for that. Other than that see how it goes.

Cheers Smile

Ex Bianca 6 Owner R.I.P

Mazda RX7 FD3s - Daily...
Posted 24th Jan 2013 at 17:16
meoldchina

Regular

Post #2
Wow! Rx7s are the bomb! No reference to the engine intended Wink

Much better subtle likes yours, and wheels look good too.

What has it had done, other than the lights and wheels?
Posted 24th Jan 2013 at 17:24
cjm_harris

Seasoned Pro

Post #3
rich306. wrote:
Engine will need a rebuild during my ownership so I've already started saving for that.

Nail on head there mate Yes

I hope you are good at saving, and have a well paid job. My mate bought one of these off a forum with good history and recent engine rebuild. He had it for 3 weeks and it f**ked an apex seal.

Best of luck with it mate, awesome engine when its working properly.

Chris
1999 China Gti6 Supercharged Devil [Fun car] >>Project Thread<<
2000 Bianca 306 Diesel [Work runabout]
Posted 24th Jan 2013 at 17:25
adam b

Seasoned Pro

Post #4
LS7. That is all.

Nothing to see here
Posted 24th Jan 2013 at 17:33
rich306.

Regular

Post #5
Engine wise it's fairly standard to be honest. Single turbo which has been Tweeked a bit, Intercooler, Blitz DV and a HKS Turbo Timer. Last read out on a Dyno had it at 290bhp.

As I've said only driven it a couple of times but at present it's running fantastically and the power delivery is awesome Razz Let's just hope it stays that way.

Yeah I know what your saying Harris, very high maintenance cars. And you never know what they might throw at you. My theory is that at my age now, my out goings are at the lowest they are going to be while I'm earning what I do, so if there was ever a time to own a car like this, now would be it Yes Plus I can be very good at a saving when I want/need to be Wink

Ex Bianca 6 Owner R.I.P

Posted 24th Jan 2013 at 17:35
jsoulman

Seasoned Pro

Post #6
Crazy, I've just been looking at an add for this car!!. Looks good bro, worth the 5k? good price to be fair.
Posted 24th Jan 2013 at 17:44
TomGC

Junior User

Post #7
That's very cool, always quite fancied one of these myself. Or a MkIV Supra, but the prices scare me silly.
Posted 24th Jan 2013 at 17:46
rich306.

Regular

Post #8
jsoulman wrote:
Crazy, I've just been looking at an add for this car!!. Looks good bro, worth the 5k? good price to be fair.

Haha is it still up there? Razz As far as the price goes in my honest opinion, no. But then at the same time, finding one of these that already had everything I wanted out of it such as the colour, the work done to it, and even down to the fact that it had the backseats (if you can call them seats) etc, would be like waiting for my pug to resurrect itself... Wasn't going to happen LOL So to me personally, it was worth the money. But to somebody else I would say probably not.

Ex Bianca 6 Owner R.I.P

Posted 24th Jan 2013 at 17:51
jsoulman

Seasoned Pro

Post #9
Well looking at the add I would say its a fair price because most RX7's have been ruined with body kits, mods etc. its a nice example you got yourself from what I have seen.
Posted 24th Jan 2013 at 17:56
rich306.

Regular

Post #10
It's more the fact that it hasn't had the rebuild that made me feel it was slightly overpriced. But then as Harris has already said, even ones that have had a rebuild there's no guarantee there not going to s**t all over you 3 weeks down the line LOL

Main thing is I'm happy with it Smile The only modifications that are getting made to the body work of this one is the boot being sanded down and re-sprayed from where the original spoiler used to sit and any other touch ups it needs Smile

Ex Bianca 6 Owner R.I.P

Posted 24th Jan 2013 at 18:00
jimmyrallye

Seasoned Pro

Post #11
My best mate had one he loved it when we were in the jap scene wos running 300bhp it wos flipping mental.. Yours looks familiar to me hmmmm .. He only sold it due to a house buy he wos going to go single turbo on it ad well

"Police arrested two kids yesterday, one was drinking battery acid, the other was eating fireworks. They charged one and let the other one off."
Posted 24th Jan 2013 at 19:09
arigti6

Seasoned Pro

Post #12
Well that is what I like to see. Thumbs up

Did think about going for an Rx-7 after mine although in the end it wasn't my choice to get rid of the '6 really, certainly not after spending over a grand on a HG change (including a replacement cylinder head). Damn Badgers Thumbs down

Lovely cars IMO. I was listening to a conversation between a mate and chap with a tuned Rx-7, and according to this guy rebuilds on the rotary engines aren't necessarily needed as frequently as a lot of people say/think. He says As long as it is well maintained and driven hard (within reason) it will go on for a long time without an iminent need for a rebuild certainly not as regularly as every 30k! This is the opinion of one person mind you so whether what he says is 'gospal', It's not really enough to convince everyone.

I Live for the 306 Ninja

TEAM CHERRY PINK RALLYE
2008 BMW ///M 320d
Posted 24th Jan 2013 at 21:14
webster

Seasoned Pro

Post #13
Jimmy, the fact your private plate is on the civic with pink wheels is so homosexual.

cress87 wrote:
I'm stopped for speeding on a daily basis but now the police are aware that I live for the 306 they dare not interfere, just sit in their cars quaking as I drive past.
Posted 24th Jan 2013 at 21:20
Miami205gti

Regular

Post #14
Thumbs up Thumbs up

Pug 205 gti 1.9 Miami blue
Pug 207 gt hdi

Posted 24th Jan 2013 at 21:24
jimmyrallye

Seasoned Pro

Post #15
webster wrote:
Jimmy, the fact your private plate is on the civic with pink wheels is so homosexual.

Many moons ago my friend still got the plate on retention havent had a decent motor to put it on

"Police arrested two kids yesterday, one was drinking battery acid, the other was eating fireworks. They charged one and let the other one off."
Posted 24th Jan 2013 at 21:48
rich306.

Regular

Post #16
arigti6 wrote:

Lovely cars IMO. I was listening to a conversation between a mate and chap with a tuned Rx-7, and according to this guy rebuilds on the rotary engines aren't necessarily needed as frequently as a lot of people say/think. He says As long as it is well maintained and driven hard (within reason) it will go on for a long time without an iminent need for a rebuild certainly not as regularly as every 30k! This is the opinion of one person mind you so whether what he says is 'gospal', It's not really enough to convince everyone.

Yeah this is true, these engines have a very bad reputation, granted they take a lot more looking after than a normal engine, but as long as the procedures are followed there no reason why one of these can't put on the same mileage as a piston engine. The problem is that you can't guarantee that all the procedures have been followed by the previous owners...

Ex Bianca 6 Owner R.I.P

Posted 25th Jan 2013 at 11:47
roland rat

Yeeeah Rat fans!

Post #17
Lovely car,enjoy mate Thumbs up
Posted 25th Jan 2013 at 13:01
daveyboy

aka Jim Davey

Post #18
One of the sexiest bodyshapes around, I've always had a soft spot for these and I think the unpredictable nature of the engine justs adds to the allure for some reason Dunno

Great example, hope it doesn't ruin you or your enjoyment of it.

Jealous.

R H Davey Welding Supplies. I sell new and used welding equipment in the Hampshire area. I take on welding jobs in the evenings, ally casting repairs are one of my specialities but I can weld pretty much anything. PM me with your requirements.

Some of my services: (See my for sale threads)
Engine mount/chassis repair
Solid Beam Mounts BACK IN PRODUCTION
Harness bars
Posted 25th Jan 2013 at 16:07
rich306.

Regular

Post #19
I know what you mean about the unpredictability of it adding to it. Think it just makes it all that more special when it's running properly Razz Gives it a bit more "personality"

Ex Bianca 6 Owner R.I.P

Posted 25th Jan 2013 at 20:24
phil b

Seasoned Pro

Post #20
Does it need a rebuild yet?? Roll eyes

'97 PH1 'Sigma Blue' 306 GTI 6 project 'Tooters'
194.2bhp 127.6 dB
'96 PH1 'Black Noir' 306 DTurbo (project in permenant storage)
'94 300tdi LR Discovery (project gone dead and buried)
'99 td5 LR Discovery 2 (trailer tug and family bus) project 'in the garage getting chassis welded' (again)
The 6 can go fast, the disco can go anywhere
Built: 9 January 1997 - that's a Thursday
Skip Brown cars: tarporley Cheshire Tel: 01829 720492
add me --> philbrindley85@hotmail.com
TEAM: Snapper Sad
Posted 30th Jan 2013 at 16:34
cjm_harris

Seasoned Pro

Post #21
phil b wrote:
Does it need a rebuild yet?? Roll eyes

Damn you!

I was going to give it a few more days and post that comment Laugh

Chris
1999 China Gti6 Supercharged Devil [Fun car] >>Project Thread<<
2000 Bianca 306 Diesel [Work runabout]
Posted 30th Jan 2013 at 16:44
rich306.

Regular

Post #22
Nope. Razz But now as of today it is officially my primary car so I'm sure that time will come soon enough LOL

Ex Bianca 6 Owner R.I.P

Posted 30th Jan 2013 at 17:23