displaying posts 1 to 8 of 8

Author Subject: Itb/map advice
blandy

Seasoned Pro

Post #1
Some of you may know ive been having itbs fitted (jenvey + omex) i picked car up today and noticed a Few issues
firstly every time you let off the throttle even a little you get alot of pops and bangs and sometimes a flame. Also another issue when driving in lower speed limits when you put clutch down the revs are sticking at 3k for a few seconds which obviously causes the car to jolt when you let out the clutch again unless you wait for it to settle.

Any ideas?

Posted 23rd Jan 2013 at 20:44
welshpug!

Capt Pedantic

Post #2
have you had it mapped yet or is it on a base map? is the over run fuelling still turned on?

need a part number? get on here - http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com

Bring on the Trumpets.

Posted 23rd Jan 2013 at 20:47
bigbadbowen

Seasoned Pro

Post #3
Tps ?

Posted 23rd Jan 2013 at 20:53
blandy

Seasoned Pro

Post #4
It's been mapped last week by miles normal mapper at Ktec for £320. Over run fueling I don't know but that would explain the over fueling I guess. How does the overrun fueling work? Never really gone into aftermarket ecus etc do its all new to me.

And tps was my thought on the stocking revs as cant see what else could cause it. Miles is forwarding my findings on drive home to the mappers and he's looking into sending me another map to upload to try
Posted 23rd Jan 2013 at 21:15
blandy

Seasoned Pro

Post #5
Also been to it today and started for first time from cold and is very smokey on start up (white/grey) smoke then settles down is -1 deg at min. Pulled filter off and there's a fair bit of fuel sat around the trumpets so guessing its definitely over fueling
Posted 24th Jan 2013 at 16:14
dangti6

aka JKshooter

Post #6
With regards to the high revving issue, get under the bonnet and rev it by hand and when it stays idling high - push the throttle shut and see if it reduces it to a normal steady idle.

I had the same with my Satchell setup. I fitted a spring to the throttle linkage and it not only sorted the erratic idle similar to what you mention, but made for a better pedal feel also.

• Senior Test Automation Engineer for the 306GTi6 Owners Club Forum Wizard

• Posted 24th Jan 2013 at 16:26
    coskev

Seasoned Pro

Post #7
    I wouldn't be happy with paying £320 for mapping to have issues like thatNo

Sounds like issues you would get with a base map, these should have been sorted when it was mapped surely?Dunno

As good as tb's sound,power gain for your £ is not very good looking at your power figuresThumbs down

Red GTB1756 powered Fabia VRS daily driver,LBSC Gti6 eater........

Mac1 ZR R1 kit car build in progress.
    Posted 24th Jan 2013 at 17:15
    blandy

Seasoned Pro

Post #8
    Ill look into the linkage more in depth but as far as I could tell from a quick look it doesn't appear to be sticking manually although have tied down the throttle cable as if you touched the outside of the cable it revs up so could possibly be moving but I'd be very surprised if that was the issue with the sticky revs

And yeah coskev I'm not particularly chuffed at min as the cars awful to drive as it is. Miles is hopefully speaking to the mapper (as mapping is outsourced) tonight to see his thoughts so hopefully may get somewhere but unfortunately I'm 2 hours away from there and no way do I want to drive it that far like it is lol it was painful enough yesterday.

And yeah power figures were never going to be great on itb's alone but intending to go cams and forged/pocketed pistons in future so should see the real gains then just really need to get it sorted as it is at min as it stands I'm 1000's down and the cars still not really roadworthy imo
    Posted 24th Jan 2013 at 17:39