displaying posts 1 to 8 of 8

Author Subject: GTi6 Air intake housing + pipes
DanRM

Regular

Post #1
Looking for standard air filter housing plus all needed pipes inc air scoop for 97 gti6. as the one i just bought has the filter down to the bumper with the scoop pipe cut to fit some down pipe.

(Edit: for phase 2)

Prices including postage please

Thanks
Dan
Posted 19th Jan 2013 at 21:01
RetroPug

Seasoned Pro

Post #2
I'm not sure whether or not the scoop, pipes and air filter housing etc. are different between phases, but a 1997 peugeot 306 gti-6 could either be ph.1 or ph.2 so if they are different it'd probably be a good idea to specify which phase of 306 this would be for.

Hope that helps.

61k miles Ph.1 Diablo '6 Project Thread
Posted 19th Jan 2013 at 21:24
bigbadbowen

Seasoned Pro

Post #3
RetroPug wrote:
I'm not sure whether or not the scoop, pipes and air filter housing etc. are different between phases, but a 1997 peugeot 306 gti-6 could either be ph.1 or ph.2 so if they are different it'd probably be a good idea to specify which phase of 306 this would be for.

Hope that helps.

Same across the phases dude Thumbs up

Posted 19th Jan 2013 at 21:26
davidmartin

Seasoned Pro

Post #4
The intake pipe is different on the phase1.

pet hate, the cat
Posted 19th Jan 2013 at 21:29
DanRM

Regular

Post #5
Ohh right, newbie question time then, what's the differences between the phases to tell? As I only got the car yesterday and its my 1st 306

thanks
Posted 19th Jan 2013 at 21:42
RetroPug

Seasoned Pro

Post #6
DanRM wrote:
Ohh right, newbie question time then, what's the differences between the phases to tell? As I only got the car yesterday and its my 1st 306

thanks

A Ph.1 has a very 'square' front end. The grille and headlights look a lot like a peugeot 205's, the headlights are squareish, and it has square foglights.

Inside, you won't have a digital dash, the seats have bigger bolsters, the foglights are operated on the centre console not the light stick etc. etc. There are many other differences but those are the main ones.

The Ph.2 is a lot more modern-looking, with an LCD screen on the dash showing mileage and a tripmeter, there is an oil temp gauge instead of oil pressure.

Ph.1:

Ph.2 or 3, this is a Ph.3 as it has clear headlights, but the Ph.2 and 3 are the same, just the Ph.3 has a few upgraded parts bolted on, the only major facelift is Ph1 to Ph2:

61k miles Ph.1 Diablo '6 Project Thread
Posted 19th Jan 2013 at 22:00
davidmartin

Seasoned Pro

Post #7
Phase1 has separate indicators the badge is on the grill not the bonnet, also Rectangular fog lights.

pet hate, the cat
Posted 19th Jan 2013 at 22:01
DanRM

Regular

Post #8
RetroPug wrote:
DanRM wrote:

thanks

A Ph.1 has a very 'square' front end. The grille and headlights look a lot like a peugeot 205's, the headlights are squareish, and it has square foglights.

Inside, you won't have a digital dash, the seats have bigger bolsters, the foglights are operated on the centre console not the light stick etc. etc. There are many other differences but those are the main ones.

The Ph.2 is a lot more modern-looking, with an LCD screen on the dash showing mileage and a tripmeter, there is an oil temp gauge instead of oil pressure.

Ph.1:

Ph.2 or 3, this is a Ph.3 as it has clear headlights, but the Ph.2 and 3 are the same, just the Ph.3 has a few upgraded parts bolted on, the only major facelift is Ph1 to Ph2:

Thanks for the info, will definiantely help knowing this now. Yeah it's a phase 2 then as I have the digital dash
Posted 19th Jan 2013 at 22:18