displaying posts 26 to 29 of 29

Pages (2): 1 [2]

Author Subject: knackered thread on bolts
welshpug!

Capt Pedantic

Post #26
Yeah there is that, I;d not dream of just getting a garage to do the whole job personally, I would buy a press if I had spare cash LOL

as for working on cars, I'm not qualified! everyone wants qualifications these days, I've got the bike industry ones Big grin

I did work in a haulage workshop for 6 months thanks to a mate getting a job there and putting in a good word, but that was minimum wage and 52 hours a week!

need a part number? get on here - http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com

Bring on the Trumpets.

Posted 1st Aug 2013 at 22:29
JWP EFi

Turbo Legend!

Post #27
there are garages that will take you on on a trial period, but these opportunities are hard to find. I served just over 5 years at peugeot when i left school but didn't attend college hence not having the relevant paper work to prove, throughout my career in the motor trade i have been recommended by word of mouth and ultimately having to prove myself. At the end of the day, if you are competant you won't have a problem getting a job.
Posted 1st Aug 2013 at 22:48
welshpug!

Capt Pedantic

Post #28
seems its very different round here, I was out of full time work for 18 months till three years ago I landed my current job.

need a part number? get on here - http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com

Bring on the Trumpets.

Posted 1st Aug 2013 at 22:54
JWP EFi

Turbo Legend!

Post #29
as i say, opportunities do pop up, but recommendations are key. My latest job is in a taxi garage, i knew f**k all about London cabs but they are so so easy to work on, mostly based on land rover/transit mechanicals, i found it very easy to adapt my skills. We also offer general repairs on normal vehicles which can be challenging, for instance, i was given a 2006 merc SLK, simple straight forward job of replacing the crank sensor...4 hours later i completed it, boss could only charge out 0.6 hours labour meaning i had to make up hours after hours lol
Posted 1st Aug 2013 at 23:05

Pages (2): 1 [2]