£1,000

2000 Peugeot 306 *Sold* XS XU7J4RS (£1000)

• 1800cc
  • Grey
  • 100,000 miles

• No tax
  • No MOT
  • Full service history
  • Cambelt changed: Sep 2011

Modifications: xu10j4rs cylinder head, cams, inlet, exhaust, ecu, loom. Gti6 interior.

displaying posts 1 to 11 of 11

Author Subject: 2000 Peugeot 306 *Sold* XS XU7J4RS (£1000)
dan86

Senior User

Post #1
Hi folks.
I am selling my 306 XS.

This car is an absolute gem and first to see will buy, I'm sure. Everything is working as it should including the air-con.

I am the second owner and the mileage has just turned 100,000. The previous owner bought it brand new and kept it immaculate and garaged it.

Originally I was looking to buy the best Gti6 I could with original paint, but this proved difficult as all of the ones I viewed had had some sort of bodywork/paintwork repair.

I saw this advertised so went to view the car and went over it with a fine toothcomb. I was very happy with the cars condition and the paintwork is all original. There are a handful of age related marks and stonechips but these are very discreet.

I have made some alterations to the car but are very subtle. It has a half leather/half alcantara Phase 3 interior which is in very good condition.
I have also fitted rallye fog light blanks in the front bumper and a new Gti6 black splitter. I also replaced the chrome XS badges for new red ones as it adds a bit of colour. They are fitted in the correct position on the front doors and one on the rear.

The engine has also been altered. It uses the original xu7jp4 block, liners, pistons and crank coupled with an xu10j4rs gti6 cylinder head, camshafts, inlet manifold, throttle body, injectors, coils, engine loom, ecu, stainless exhaust manifold, catalytic converter, mid pipe and backbox. A Gti6 resonated airbox is used and the top radiator hose has been changed for a Gti6 item to accommodate this. The vacuum pump has been correctly plumbed in to serve the brake servo. Engine oil used is Total fully synthetic 10w40 best performances used with a genuine Peugeot filter.

The engine still displaces 1761 cc which is classed as a 1.8.

This engine block/head combination makes for a very dynamic drive. Due to the light weight of the engine itself the weight distribution is more balanced than the gti6 and handles better with sharper turn in and more precision. It should be noted that the phase 3 XS was fitted with the sports suspension setup from the factory. The suspension is identical to that of the Gti6 bar the front coil springs as they are weighted differently because of the lighter drivetrain.

New wishbones were fitted when i first got the car as the original P bushes were worn. These were genuine items at a massive cost. The reason being that I don't particularly trust aftermarket components especially rubber bushings. Both front anti-roll bar drop links were replaced at the same time.

To look at the car, everything would appear to be original and standard as all parts are genuine Peugeot items and are a direct fit.

All work has been carried out by myself to the highest standard with no expense spared. All components used during the engine build were Peugeot items including the head gasket, cam seals, inlet and exhaust gaskets and the swivel olive gasket between the exhaust manifold and cat. Both exhaust clamps are genuine items also.

I fitted a new clutch only 3000 miles miles ago as the original was quite heavy due to age. It is now very light indeed. Genuine Peugeot Esso 75w80 gear oil was used when the gearbox was refitted. A new PTFE coated gearbox drainplug and copper washer was installed also.

The car still has the standard XS 5speed gearbox which has quite a high gear ratio. With the higher rpm limit of the new ecu the car will reach 70mph in second gear and 95mph in third. Fifth gear allows the engine to sit comfortably at 3000rpm at motorway speed.

The car has a set of Michelin Pilot Exalto PE2 tires fitted which are a very light, quiet tire which have excellent wet grip and water clearing capabilities. these are fitted to a set of 15" cyclones repainted in Peugeot graphite grey.

Overall this is a fantastic car which has been meticulously looked after and maintained, presented in what most people consider to be the best colour offered. Astor grey has a very coarse metallic in it which sparkles in the sunlight. It also changes in different lights. Sometimes it has a blue/purple hue to it.

The car is a non-sunroof model with working air conditioning, electric front windows and remote central locking.

It is insurance group 6.

The asking price is £1,000.

My number is 0787 54 69 099. Ask for Dan.

Posted 19th Jan 2013 at 09:59
gwyn rallye

Regular

Post #2
Tidy car mate, saw this on pistonheads. Out of interest what sort of power/ torque would this be making? Any advantages other than weight saving using this bottom end?? Good luck with the sale anyway!

Bianca white 306 Rallye
Arctic blue Clio 182 FF
Alpine white 205 1.9 GTI
Posted 19th Jan 2013 at 10:18
dan86

Senior User

Post #3
If I was to guess the power output I would say about 140hp.

Posted 19th Jan 2013 at 10:57
coskev

Seasoned Pro

Post #4
Excellent advert and very nice looking carCool

Looks alot of well looked after 306 for £1000Yes

Red GTB1756 powered Fabia VRS daily driver,LBSC Gti6 eater........

Mac1 ZR R1 kit car build in progress.
Posted 19th Jan 2013 at 10:59
dan86

Senior User

Post #5
Here is a quick video with the modified engine.

http://static.photobucket.com/player.swf?file=http://vid709.photobucket.com/albums/ww99/dangti6/MOV_0198.mp4

Posted 19th Jan 2013 at 11:49
gwyn rallye

Regular

Post #6
Looks like she goes well to be fair! Even sounds like an XU10!

Bianca white 306 Rallye
Arctic blue Clio 182 FF
Alpine white 205 1.9 GTI
Posted 19th Jan 2013 at 12:03
roland rat

Yeeeah Rat fans!

Post #7
Hey mate whats the mpg like from it? Hmm
Posted 19th Jan 2013 at 15:26
dan86

Senior User

Post #8
About 28/30mpg on a run. Obviously a lot less when pressing on. The 5 speed gearbox has a very tall fifth for comfortable cruising at 80/90.

Posted 19th Jan 2013 at 18:16
carbonfibre

Regular

Post #9
Having examined and driven this car last week I can confirm Dan's excellent description is spot on. It's beautifully poised, crisp & minty. Pure stealth.

It shifts, too. A lot of hard work has gone into it, and it shows. A tribute to your skill, Dan!

A very nice car for just a grand, unique too.

GLWTS mate!

Hens teeth rocking horse poo Cossack Ph1.3
Posted 19th Jan 2013 at 18:36
eliotrw

Seasoned Pro

Post #10
Thats sounds purty!
Love this!

Ex- Phase 3 China GTi-6 T-Reg
Posted 19th Jan 2013 at 19:17
arigti6

Seasoned Pro