displaying posts 1 to 5 of 5

Author Subject: Adjustable top mounts
demondriverdan

Seasoned Pro

Post #1
Looking for some adjustable top mounts for the track car to go with the Gaz Golds, anyone got anything?

Rallye Race Car
Posted 7th Jan 2013 at 21:59
Beagle_Hound

Junior User

Post #2
Compbrake, Spoox and Gaz 'do them'. I say 'do them' since they are a generic top mount that is not a direct fit the existing holes, and new holes will need to be drilled. None are overly expensive and if your a member of an MSA club then Gaz will knock some money off. You will need to have the tops of your struts machined to fit inside the bearings (i did with my GHA) and you will also need a new top cup.

You'd might be better getting rid of your ball joint and getting it rose jointed. Thats what I'm doing in order to get more Camber and I can use the top mount for Caster.
Posted 9th Jan 2013 at 08:32
demondriverdan

Seasoned Pro

Post #3
Cheers, appreciated. Have spoken to Gaz and they said they couldn't supply any, KAD can supply some designed for a 205 that should fit but they aren't sure if the turrets will need modifying.

I already have an alternate set of top cups, so that's that sorted! Didn't know I'd need to machine the struts though, will look in to it.

This is the image of the top mounts KAD sent me:

Rallye Race Car
Posted 9th Jan 2013 at 18:02
Beagle_Hound

Junior User

Post #4
I'm pretty certain that the Compbrake, Gaz and Spoox mounts are 205 mounts. I can tell you now that the turrets will need modifying to fit the KAD ones. The one thing that grips my %^&* is that fact these are ALL sold as 306 top mounts. There are NOT. They are either generic top mounts or 205 top mounts. Might poke Gaz in the chest at Autosport tomorrow.

have a look at this

http://www.306gti6.com/forum/showthread.php?id=149759&page=1
Posted 9th Jan 2013 at 23:25
demondriverdan

Seasoned Pro

Post #5
Cheers again!

If I have to drill new holes for them to line up to, it's not the end of the world. Got plenty of washers as well so that's not a problem.

Rallye Race Car
Posted 9th Jan 2013 at 23:36