displaying posts 1 to 9 of 9

Author Subject: 1998 'R' GTI6 - 81K - Immaculate! £1350
fox3

Regular

Post #1
1998 Peugeot 306 GTI6 – One of the best

With a heavy heart I’m rather reluctantly putting my six up for sale. I purchased it early last year as a weekend / fun car, but I’ve now got a company car and fuel card, so simply can’t justify taxing and insuring it just to use a couple of times a month, if that! The car has covered less than 1000 miles in the last year and it seems silly for me to keep it, it’s such a nice example it needs using! The car has been kept garaged with summer use only for at least the last two years.

The car has very low mileage having covered just over 81k. It car comes with a full and detailed service history, with a folder packed with service records, all previous MOT’s and old tax disks, it used to belong to a member on here, you can see the original for sale advert here from two years ago – http://www.306gti6.com/forum/showthread.php?id=132005&page=last

The car is pretty much immaculate, and apart from a few choice upgrades is completely standard. It starts and stops on the button and is a fantastically honest original car.. To say it drives perfectly would be a massive understatement, it’s still tight and almost feels like new, No tapping or knocking from the engine and it pulls cleanly through the rev range. The interior is very clean and tidy, with no obvious wear to any of the seats, it also has the rather fetching phase two seats – I wasn’t a fan when I bought it, but I’ve come round now! The previous owner had dent master go round the car to remove any small dents and both sides are dent free and unmarked – rather surprising for a French car of this age!

Upgrades are as follows.

Nissens alloy radiator
Phase three crystal headlights and fog lights
Phase three rear lights
Toad CAT2 Alarm / Sterling Transponder immobiliser with all certificates – two fobs and both original Peugeot plip keys
Toyo Proxy T1R’s all round – one is brand new, all have very good tread depth
Tarrox drilled and grooved front disks with OEM pads
Factory fit electric tilt and slide sunroof.
Pioneer CD/MP3 player that works with the OE stalk
ISOFIX child seat brackets

Minor imperfections -

A couple of the wheels have a small amount of kerb damage, see photos, nothing out of the ordinary really.
Small paint defect on a lower rear ¾ panel – it’s been repainted after someone bumped a trolley into it (It’s in the service history!) It looks like the paint has sunk slightly, you can’t notice until you bend down and look hard.
Air conditioning doesn’t work, although I was assured it did when the previous owner bought it, so you might get away with a re-gas – it’s also described as ‘working’ in the advert above
Cambelt is due a change, last done in 2005
Small amount of stone chips on the front bumper and leading edge of the bonnet, nothing out of the ordinary for a 14 year old car.

All in all, a hell of a lot of car, for not a lot of money! You certainly won’t be disappointed, this is by far the best example of a GTI6 I’ve seen or owned, and I will be really sad to see it go, it could easily pass for two years old, not 14!

MOT until September 2013 (No advisory’s, tester actually made a comment on how tidy it was!)
TAX until the end of June 2013

Car is located in Harrogate, North Yorkshire.
Please note, the private plate is not included, this is currently in the process of being removed, the car will be back on its original ‘R’ registration

RECENT PHOTOS WILL BE UPLOADED ASAP – ITS BEEN TOO WET!

Posted 4th Jan 2013 at 12:17
fox3

Regular

Post #2
Photos

Posted 5th Jan 2013 at 11:48
fox3

Regular

Post #3

Posted 5th Jan 2013 at 11:57
fox3

Regular

Post #4
Even comes with almost half a tank of fuel!
Posted 8th Jan 2013 at 10:48
Strikeforce

Post #5
Nice car,
Could be interested in this Smile if you could pm me with an email address so we can have a chat
Cheers
Adam
Posted 8th Jan 2013 at 18:11
fox3

Regular

Post #6
PM sent Adam
Posted 9th Jan 2013 at 07:15
Strikeforce

Post #7
Seems i have no access to pms, any other way we could get in contact? Dont want to break any rules by posting phone numbers etc..
Posted 9th Jan 2013 at 08:55
fox3

Regular

Post #8
Just email me direct -

Regards, Steve
Posted 9th Jan 2013 at 10:56
fox3

Regular

Post #9
Just taken a deposit on this, so consider it sold!
Posted 12th Jan 2013 at 13:51