displaying posts 1 to 2 of 2

Author Subject: 1992 Peugeot 205 Rallye
Lowercase

Regular

Post #1
[b]MOT until: May 8th 2013
Tax until: 31st April 2013
A nice stack of receipts and history for it also Smile[/b]

Hi Guys, time has come to part with my beloved 205 Rallye non-sunroof model. After constant running problems with the previous engine, I decided to remove it and replace it with a 1.6 8v injection engine from the 106 S2 Rallye. The engine is very strong and in good health. The cam-belt, Clutch and all fluids were replaced with quality products during the conversion, as well as the engine bay benefiting from some grinder and welding work to deal with any rust and then a fresh coat of 2k gloss white paint. The engine mounts have also been replaced with Group N Baker BM engine mounts so none of the power is lost through perished mounts.

Drive-shaft boots and other little niggles have been changed whilst i've had access to them, so its next MOT should be an easy pass. The addition of some very tidy Genuine Valeo headlights have cleared up the last of the previous years advisories.

The exterior bodywork is by no means mint, it has its share of dings and areas where it needs attention to be a concourse show car, but it has its little charm to it none the less. And the recent addition of some white S1 rallye steel wheels really help it to look the part. The wheels could use a refurb ready for the summer though but they're good enough during winter.

When I took possession of the car, it was a stripped out terror and was good fun albeit a bit tatty and rattly. I have since removed the ripped standard seats and replaced them with some very neat looking black half leather recaro seats (I think they're from a rover or a golf) on 205 subframes. The tired rear bench has been recovered with a subtle halfords seat cover applied properly with a hog ring tool.

I am putting as much interior trim back into the car as I can when free time allows, but at the time of writing this there is currently no radio or speakers, and it is in need of a heater matrix before the heater will work again. I think the speedo cable has also come loose at some point as it stopped working – my hands are too big to get it up behind the speedo and re-connect it. I have just replaced a leaking coolant pipe however so she's good to go! Smile I still need to get some of the dash back together after faffing about with the heater, but i'll try have all this done before it goes.

The previous owner also welded in a half roll cage which I had planned to remove but never got around to it.

Its a very fun car to drive as the lack of power steering makes it very responsive in the corners and the torque from the 8v makes it accelerate like a stabbed rat.

I've been as honest as I can about it, its no concourse vehicle, but ive spent more money time and effort than I can bare to count on it to get it to where it is and as a result have sort of fallen out of love with it. I'd love to keep it and hide it away somewhere until I can afford to finish bringing it up to scratch as its such a rare and special little motor, but I just don't have the space anymore. Also as many of you will probably know, having projects like these can be a major strain to your relationships.

So there it is Smile

[b]I would like £1200 for it or closest offer. It owes me almost double that but, I know its still got a small way to go before I can demand top money for it. It will also come with a box off trim bits that havent made it back into the car yet. And I have the old front seats if you want them.

Contact me on 07805586699 or pm me on the forums [/b]

All its work has been documented here:
http://forum.205gtidrivers.com/index.php?showtopic=140740&page=1
http://www.306gti6.com/forum/showthread.php?id=149657&page=1

[b]
SPEC:

Engine:[/b]
1.6ltr 8v 106 S2 Rallye Engine (cam belt and new clutch fitted less than 500 miles ago)
Baker BM Group N engine mounts
K&N induction kit
Decat from standard but new Downpipe fitted with lambada sensor hole.
Magnex Back Box
Freshly rust treated and engine bay resprayed in gloss white and other engine bits refurbished.
All fresh coolant, magnatec oil and gearbox oil and dot 4.0 brake fluid
[b]
Interior:[/b]
Half Roll Cage Welded in – still allows the use of rear bench.
Half leather Recaro seats on 205 frames
[b]
Extras: [/b]
Non Sunroof Model
race land Coil-overs fitted – nothing special but it rides well
14” S1 rallye steels with good tyres – think they’re pirelli's

1992 205 Rallye - S2 Rallye Engine
Posted 1st Jan 2013 at 16:44
yippeekayay

Seasoned Pro

Post #2
I also have a set of very very tidy front 205 Rallye seats should anyone want to go back towards returning it to a standatd interior.... Sorry for hi jack, glws

306 less for first time in nearly 7 years. Lets keep it that way... please refuse any offers i make to buy your 306 ( doctors letter supplied by request)

Marmite and cheese sandwiches anyone???

Burns and Mcrae will be forever missed.
x box "yippeekayaymofo"
Posted 1st Jan 2013 at 16:49