displaying posts 26 to 38 of 38

Pages (2): 1 [2]

Author Subject: cold enough for you?
ian7675

Techno Viking

Post #26
I believe that it's a mixture of slimmer tyres, lower engine power and most importantly, driver skill, that enables someone to drive well in the snow. There is no chance of me using the T5 when it snows, it will be just a waste of time, it's bad enough now (I got done by an old guy in a Fiat Stilo at some lights on Sunday Blush ).

Less than 24 hours to go!
Posted 11th Dec 2012 at 20:49
anth

Seasoned Pro

Post #27
Make a massive difference I have some for sale Big grin fancy that
Posted 11th Dec 2012 at 21:03
astragsi237

Regular

Post #28
marco gti6 wrote:
AndyJ wrote:
My screen Always freezes on the inside. It was this morning. LOL

First time it happened to me with a 6 Thumbs down
Still f**king annoying...

Noticed any moisture build up on the inside of your windows before at all? Most probably down to your rubber seal around the doors/bootlid not being 100% air tight. My old Seat Leon's windscreen froze over on the inside a few years back when it was -9 Crazy

Phase 1 bianca white GTi-6:SOLD
Phase 2 blaze yellow d-turbo:Off to scrap heaven
Phase 2.5 platinum silver GTi-6:Just purchased :-D
Posted 11th Dec 2012 at 21:06
AndyJ

Seasoned Pro

Post #29
ian7675 wrote:
I believe that it's a mixture of slimmer tyres, lower engine power and most importantly, driver skill, that enables someone to drive well in the snow. There is no chance of me using the T5 when it snows, it will be just a waste of time, it's bad enough now (I got done by an old guy in a Fiat Stilo at some lights on Sunday Blush ).

This. LOL

The saxo was actually s**te. I'm just an awesome driver.

For we are many.

PS£ ID: Monkey369

Posted 11th Dec 2012 at 21:16
beez_neez_gt

Seasoned Pro

Post #30
Thin tyres are the dogs when it comes to driving on the snow, even on an iced hill driving past the cars struggling due to big wheels etc.

As for cold enough, we are set for another really cold spell anytime soon or during this winter, this will be nothing in comparison. Then another hot spring n wet summer, if its really called a summer anymore.

Pug fee`ver,

Pick a Bogey, buy a Pug.

Black 306 GTI 6 Standard, was 60k mileage, bargain!!

Clicky: [url =http://www.306gti6.com]click here[/url] remove the space between [url & =
Posted 11th Dec 2012 at 21:17
ian7675

Techno Viking

Post #31
beez_neez_gt wrote:

As for cold enough, we are set for another really cold spell anytime soon or during this winter, this will be nothing in comparison. Then another hot spring n wet summer, if its really called a summer anymore.

That's quite a prediction which is more than likely true. You failed to insert the word "s**t" at certain points in your post.

Posted 11th Dec 2012 at 21:22
swiftyboi006

Seasoned Pro

Post #32
ian7675 wrote:
swiftyboi006 wrote:
When it snows i use my tipper loaded to get around in RWD stops and goes like a 4x4

I have a Tipper too, it's a pain in the ass when there's nothing on the back, just endless wheel spinning at every junction.
yes i always make sure its loaded although its quite fun with no weight on Hyper

cherry p1.....SOLD (regreting this)
blaze p2.....why did i buy this SOLD
Black p3 Love
Posted 11th Dec 2012 at 21:27
beez_neez_gt

Seasoned Pro

Post #33
Apologies, i must try harder next time.

Its all down to global warming, there are still people out there that believe it isnt happening, have they had a flood recently, i doubt it tbh.

Pug fee`ver,

Pick a Bogey, buy a Pug.

Clicky: [url =http://www.306gti6.com]click here[/url] remove the space between [url & =
Posted 11th Dec 2012 at 21:29
ian7675

Techno Viking

Post #34
swiftyboi006 wrote:
ian7675 wrote:
swiftyboi006 wrote:
When it snows i use my tipper loaded to get around in RWD stops and goes like a 4x4

I have a Tipper too, it's a pain in the ass when there's nothing on the back, just endless wheel spinning at every junction.
yes i always make sure its loaded although its quite fun with no weight on Hyper

Should have seen mine when I had all 6 tyres on the limit for tread, roundabouts were a guaranteed back end out job LOL

Posted 11th Dec 2012 at 21:33
ian7675

Techno Viking

Post #35
There's a paid member called "Snowman"...awesome Thumbs up

edit: scared him off Sad

Posted 11th Dec 2012 at 21:36
stan_306gti6 Forum Admin

Post #36
Anyone watch that programme on Channel 4 tonight deciding whether or not our weather is getting worse?

Really interesting documentary, and yes it's mainly down to global warming and the slowing down of the jet stream. Yes

"Supercharged - 454.1bhp/317.5lb/ft"
Peugeot 306 GTi-6
2000 (X), Moonstone Love
Posted 12th Dec 2012 at 01:04
beez_neez_gt

Seasoned Pro

Post #37
Iv studied weather quite a bit and the jet stream is like it because the ice in the north pole is melting which in turn makes the sea water less salty which effects the jet stream, it could dissapear totally. Its all a visious circle that will only get worse.

I watched a documentory that explained how they made artificial trees made out of the same plastic as those tumble dryer fragrant sheets. They apply a special fluid that soaks up the carbon dioxide, they just wash them down with water and store it somewhere, pretty cool invention if you ask me.

If we dont do something big right now it will be too late, out future generations will suffer, i dont belive the scientists in what they say about it taking 30 or so years till the s**t hits the fan, with China etc it will happen far sooner km sure of it. Cars are a drop in the ocean when it comes to the amount of carbon in our world, its the cows in the USA and rotting food and many other things that are adding to the problem big time. There are much more damaging polluting chemicals that does the same effect as carbon dioxide only far worse.

Pug fee`ver,

Pick a Bogey, buy a Pug.

Posted 12th Dec 2012 at 07:31
davidmartin

Seasoned Pro

Post #38
beez_neez_gt wrote:
Iv studied weather quite a bit and the jet stream is like it because the ice in the north pole is melting which in turn makes the sea water less salty which effects the jet stream, it could dissapear totally. Its all a visious circle that will only get worse.

I watched a documentory that explained how they made artificial trees made out of the same plastic as those tumble dryer fragrant sheets. They apply a special fluid that soaks up the carbon dioxide, they just wash them down with water and store it somewhere, pretty cool invention if you ask me.

If we dont do something big right now it will be too late, out future generations will suffer, i dont belive the scientists in what they say about it taking 30 or so years till the s**t hits the fan, with China etc it will happen far sooner km sure of it. Cars are a drop in the ocean when it comes to the amount of carbon in our world, its the cows in the USA and rotting food and many other things that are adding to the problem big time. There are much more damaging polluting chemicals that does the same effect as carbon dioxide only far worse.

Surprising how much Gas is produced by cow farts is it not,apparently they fart about seven times a minute,almost as much as the wife,but there's only one of them.

pet hate, the cat
Posted 12th Dec 2012 at 07:57

Pages (2): 1 [2]